? On Hand Lotion, Conditioner, 10% off Alcohol, Muster Video - Grand Princess

Babyfat101

We’ll be traveling on the Grand Princess in a few weeks. 

1. Is there hand lotion and hair conditioner in the room? (Last time we sailed, pre covid, our steward said they don’t supply conditioner anymore, but went way out of his way to get me some). 

2. The 10% off bottles of alcohol (1 hour “special” on Day 1, possibly also Day 2)…is that to drink on board OR they save it for you til you get off the ship? I thought I read someone here say that it’s for on board (now can’t find in a search) but the wording on the online patter isn’t clear. 

3. I thought we could watch the muster video before embarkation, but can’t seem to find the video. Do we need to wait til on board?

Thanks!

You can’t view the muster video until you have activated your medallion on board so they can track who has viewed the video. Easy to run on your cabin tv while unpacking

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

You can’t view the muster video until you have activated your medallion on board so they can track who has viewed the video. Easy to run on your cabin tv while unpacking

Ahh.  We do NOT have our medallion and plan on picking up at check in. If you watch on the room tv, do you still need to go the “muster person” and check in?

14 minutes ago, Babyfat101 said:

Ahh.  We do NOT have our medallion and plan on picking up at check in. If you watch on the room tv, do you still need to go the “muster person” and check in?

Yes 2 steps. Video and check in at your actual muster station. You will find the muster location on the inside of your cabin door

There will be a pump bottle of lotion and pump bottle of hand soap on the bathroom counter.  In the shower will be a body wash dispenser and a "conditioning shampoo" dispenser.  I bring my own.

• Thanks 1

For us, the hand soap and lotion are fine. We bring a bar of soap for the shower as we prefer it over the body wash. We have been bringing our own shampoo and separate conditioner ever since Princess went to this combo stuff. Hate it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Babyfat101 here’s a few photos. Lotion & hand Soap pumps at sink. Body wash/ gel & shampoo/ conditioner combo. Pumps in shower.

I believe you can check into muster station first & then watch video and vice versa.

For the alcohol -were you referring to the Elite perk of 10% off in the onboard shops? Either way the alcohol bought onboard cannot be consumed.
Although at embarkation each passenger is allowed one 750 mL bottle of champagne or wine. I would check your home city or state for the type of alcohol that you’re thinking about purchasing onboard . I can’t imagine it would be worth hauling it back home. Could there be that much discount??

IMG_0165.jpeg.2abeede31d0e25fd7523c801419f16f7.jpeg

IMG_0164.thumb.jpeg.37ad7d2a2739b8fce2a64746c1795bbd.jpeg

Edited by arizonaperson

3 hours ago, Babyfat101 said:

You can also watch the muster drill on your phone once you are on board and on medallionnet, in addition to the tv.   You still have to go to your muster station and get your medallion scanned. 

Any alcohol bottles purchased on board will be delivered to your cabin on the last day of the cruise. There may or may not be promos on boarding day or any other day. No alcohol is sold until the ship reaches international waters. 

Hubby hardly drinks, but thought it would be nice to sit on room balcony and have a drink. I thought the easiest way to do this was to buy a small bottle for the room and he could make a drink when he wanted to. I got this idea from a comment, but can’t find the comment/post/thread. Thanks for clarification. 

39 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@Babyfat101 

For the alcohol -were you referring to the Elite perk of 10% off in the onboard shops? Either way the alcohol bought onboard cannot be consumed.

Posted (edited)

@Babyfat101

Maybe this is what you are looking for? Why not just order drink from bar? Otherwise I think if you’re not able to order it pre-cruise and you order it from your cabin/stateroom phone or your app ,you are charged a fee if you don’t have the plus or premier cruise or beverage package. You may go to any bar order a drink and bring it back to your cabin.

Edited by arizonaperson

2 hours ago, cjpj said:

The alcohol is not to consume on board. It will be delivered to your room the day before departure.

Yes, I'm referring to the duty free available for purchase on board. You can buy some bottles as others have posted.

Posted (edited)

750ml duty free bottles in the sale are delivered on the last day of the cruise. Period. One can also purchase small 375ml bottles to consume onboard. These are from Room Service and can also be purchased for the cabin in advance. They can be ordered online from the Cruise Personalizer. There is also wine for purchase but I'm not listing it here.

Cognac
Courvoisier VSOP 350ml bottle
Item #2345

$33.04

Whiskey
Jim Beam 375ml bottle
Item #2335

$17.70

Crown Royal 375ml bottle
Item #2333

$23.60

Jack Daniel's 375ml bottle
Item #2334

$28.32

====================

Scotch
Cutty Sark (375ml bottle)
Item #2341

$17.70

Johnnie Walker Red Label 375ml bottle
Item #2340

$25.96

====================

Vodka
Skyy 375ml bottle
Item #2353

$17.70

Absolut 375ml bottle
Item #2352

$21.24

====================

Rum
Bacardi White 375ml bottle
Item #2359

$17.70

Cruzan Coconut Rum 375ml bottle
Item #2360

$17.70

====================

Gin
Gordon's 375ml bottle
Item #2367

$17.70

Bombay Sapphire 375ml bottle
Item #2366

$23.60

Edited by Thrak

18 minutes ago, Babyfat101 said:

@Thrak ok, so…once we are onboard, we can purchase from room service these bottles to consume onboard during the cruise. Correct?

They are however very pricey 

• Thanks 1

@memoak Agreed, pricey. But a small bottle for the room is exactly what I am wanting to buy. I guess mentioning the 10% sale threw everyone off …my bad re wording my question. Thanks for your help, fellow Oregonian. 

3 minutes ago, Babyfat101 said:

@memoak Agreed, pricey. But a small bottle for the room is exactly what I am wanting to buy. I guess mentioning the 10% sale threw everyone off …my bad re wording my question. Thanks for your help, fellow Oregonian. 

On the Grand right now great captain and crew. Excellent service

49 minutes ago, memoak said:

They are however very pricey 

33 minutes ago, Babyfat101 said:

For Canadians these are pretty normal prices. Liquor in Canada is quite high. Somebody has to pay for the socialized medical program and this is one of the ways it's done. It makes sense in that alcohol can contribute quite a bit to medical expenses.

• Like 3

Now, even on our last cruise in a suite they had the mixed shampoo and conditioner. I went to Lush Store and got the bar hair conditioner and it works great. I also take bars of soap for the bathrooms and shower and tub. That is a personal thing I guess, but body wash just doesn't do it for me. I do use the shampoo on the ship, but since I have to wash my hair twice a day, after exercising and then at the end of the day, the shampoo really dries out my hair. But it does smell fine, so I use it.

Body wash and the combo shampoo/ conditioner are not my personal faves; will bring my own conditioner and bar soap from this point forward.

• Like 1