Farewell to Eddy Jenkins

12 hours ago, lexmiller said:

Definitely follow him on Instagram to keep up with what he's up to next - his new name is "eddyfromwales".  Definitely one of the best.  Anyone remember Pete Baker, he was Activities Manager for years, some time back, and was CD for a while......he and Eddy are best mates, Eddy recently posted on Instagram with Pete - I have a fantasy of them doing something together as we also really loved Pete!  Happy for Eddy, but sad for his many Celebrity cruising fans.

I will miss Eddyfromwales! and Peter Baker.

My Fav has always been Alajandro from Argentina. His participation in Liars Club was epic.

His running gag  has always been"With $100 I could Buy a Country where I'm from"

• Like 1

Hubby and I were sad to hear this since Eddy was a very memorable CD. Absolutely the funniest we've ever encountered across several cruise lines. Eddy and Capt. Leo were an awesome pair. Hoping Celebrity is up to the task of replacing him since he will definitely leave big shoes to fill. Farewell Eddy and all the best to you. Can't wait to see what your next adventure will be.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lexmiller said:

Sue Denning is now one of the Enrichment Speakers, is what she'd said on her Instagram account a while back when she retired from being CD.  I would love to sail with her as a Beyond the Podium speakers!  She gave a talk in the theater one of the many times we sailed with her, and what an extremely interesting life she has led as you may already know - she had a big hit on the music charts in England when she was a teenager!  

But, I do personally feel that Celebrity has several memorable CDs - I just wanted to give a shout out to Luigi, Rich Clesen Giuseppe and Dave - and now, Dominic Crosby, who recently was promoted to CD, was a fantastic Activities Manager and I've heard he's doing great as CD, yay for him!!

Sad to see Eddy has gone - but delighted that we will never have to endure Sue Denning again. John Grantham an ex stuntman is also a great cruise director

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Yep and I could not tell you the name of any captain I sailed with on my 25 plus celebrity cruises. 

Obviously you have never cruised with Captain Kirk (no star trek jokes thank you) one Captain who really does make a difference. In addition to his "day job" of driving the ship his one man late night show (he sings, plays guitar and drums) is just great. Incidentally I saw that he was also the star attraction on the latest Presidents Cruise. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Obviously you have never cruised with Captain Kirk (no star trek jokes thank you) one Captain who really does make a difference. In addition to his "day job" of driving the ship his one man late night show (he sings, plays guitar and drums) is just great. Incidentally I saw that he was also the star attraction on the latest Presidents Cruise. 

I probably have, where I am an outlier, I rarely go to the shows except occasional comedian.  My goal overall is rest and relaxation and forgetting about work for 10+ days. I know he was the captain of the Silhouette when I was on it, just not anything I remember, I don't pay attention to morning announcements, hooray for them not being in the room, as usually at that time relaxing on my balcony watching the sea go by and or getting off the ship to wander around port or an excursion.  I saw an old video of him playing, and yes impressed but not enough to go see him. Everyone cruises different and I know the Captain and also the CD can make or break a cruise for many.  Just not important for me, I am assuming basic competence and Celebrity has rightly hired/promoted the right person for the job.  I am very aware and cognizant of service all the time, long time in running Hotels/Restaurants so that is what will make or break my cruise for me.  With that I have never had any issues with service onboard, shore leadership is another thing.    

4 hours ago, bikerunner said:

I probably have, where I am an outlier, I rarely go to the shows except occasional comedian.  My goal overall is rest and relaxation and forgetting about work for 10+ days. I know he was the captain of the Silhouette when I was on it, just not anything I remember, I don't pay attention to morning announcements, hooray for them not being in the room, as usually at that time relaxing on my balcony watching the sea go by and or getting off the ship to wander around port or an excursion.  I saw an old video of him playing, and yes impressed but not enough to go see him. Everyone cruises different and I know the Captain and also the CD can make or break a cruise for many.  Just not important for me, I am assuming basic competence and Celebrity has rightly hired/promoted the right person for the job.  I am very aware and cognizant of service all the time, long time in running Hotels/Restaurants so that is what will make or break my cruise for me.  With that I have never had any issues with service onboard, shore leadership is another thing.    

I was just commenting on your post that said "I could not tell the name of any captain I sailed with" well clearly you can. For the rest of your comments I agree with you. We are also big users of the balcony. 

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

I was just commenting on your post that said "I could not tell the name of any captain I sailed with" well clearly you can. For the rest of your comments I agree with you. We are also big users of the balcony. 

I remembered name when you said it and about people mentioning the music act on board he does.  Did not remember he was captain to you said that. I know apples and oranges.  

9 hours ago, the penguins said:

Sad to see Eddy has gone - but delighted that we will never have to endure Sue Denning again. John Grantham an ex stuntman is also a great cruise director

It was time for her to move , 

• Like 1

Unlike some cruise directors we've encountered, Eddy had a knack for engaging with and relating to passengers on a level that's unusual on a larger ship. It  never felt like he was just going through the motions.  He also seemed to be skilled at working with the activity managers on his staff to hone their skills as future CDs. He will be missed!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Unlike some cruise directors we've encountered, Eddy had a knack for engaging with and relating to passengers on a level that's unusual on a larger ship. It  never felt like he was just going through the motions.  He also seemed to be skilled at working with the activity managers on his staff to hone their skills as future CDs. He will be missed!

My son used to have the most adorable crush on Captain Kate. We were on Edge for Christmas in 2019 and he saw her as we were leaving the ship and wanted a photo with her. Eddie and a new cruise director he was training were there too and we asked them to get in the photo too. His whole face just lit up, like I was asking him to do the best thing ever. It was charming.

edge-126.thumb.jpg.cc8c5d50caed659b8346b19a39d16854.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/7/2024 at 11:11 AM, cyntil8ing said:

My son used to have the most adorable crush on Captain Kate. We were on Edge for Christmas in 2019 and he saw her as we were leaving the ship and wanted a photo with her. Eddie and a new cruise director he was training were there too and we asked them to get in the photo too. His whole face just lit up, like I was asking him to do the best thing ever. It was charming.

edge-126.thumb.jpg.cc8c5d50caed659b8346b19a39d16854.jpg

That's "Brittany from Canada"  - she's doing a fabulous job as CD!

• Like 1