App question?

rcprncss

Two cruises: I have a cruise next year that ends in South Hampton.  Then we stay the night in South Hampton and get on another ship the next day.  It shows up on my app as one cruise!  It's two different ships.  I am wondering if this has happened to anyone?  I am waiting to contact Princess to ask or on my next cruise, I can ask on the ship.  I can only see excursions for the first cruise and not the second. Thank you.

Its that way on the app.  If you log into the website they will show as 2 different cruises and you can book excursions there.

Are you able to book your dining reservations?

No, this is an App error.  You are on 2 different ships and it should be 2 separate bookings on the App also.

This is called a S2S (side 2 side).

Only, a true b2b, same ship) would be 

combined on the App.

Call Princess line and follow prompts till you get an ocean ready rep. They need to fix it.  Tell them you want to reserve dining, excursions, wifi, etc on the App.  If you have a TA/CVP ask them for help.

Yes, this has happened to others, as they have reported on here.

Let us know.

6 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Its that way on the app.  If you log into the website they will show as 2 different cruises and you can book excursions there.

Are you able to book your dining reservations?

I haven't tried booking reservations since it's next year.  Thank you for your helpful response.  It is correct on the website, like you stated. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, this is an App error.  You are on 2 different ships and it should be 2 separate bookings on the App also.

combined on the App.

Call Princess line and follow prompts till you get an ocean ready rep. They need to fix it.  Tell them you want to reserve dining, excursions, wifi, etc on the App.  If you have a TA/CVP ask them for help.

Let us know.

Thank you very much for your advice. I have done plenty of B2Bs but have never done this before. I knew it wasn't right and wanted to see if this happens a lot.  You have been helpful. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The "new version" of the app does not seem to handle multiple cruises very well, in my opinion. The old one you could easily switch between all your bookings.

I liked the old one better.  

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

combined on the App.

Let us know.

combined on the App.

Let us know.

I am on the Sun for 7 days disembark and board the Sky the next day.  On the app it looks like one cruise with oddly enough the Sky showing first.

The website is correct 2 different bookings and I was able to make all my dining reservations no problem.  From prior experience the app will sort itself out before my cruise I don’t call if absolutely necessary I use Instagram and they are excellent at handling any issues.

6 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

I am on the Sun for 7 days disembark and board the Sky the next day.  On the app it looks like one cruise with oddly enough the Sky showing first.

The website is correct 2 different bookings and I was able to make all my dining reservations no problem.  From prior experience the app will sort itself out before my cruise I don’t call if absolutely necessary I use Instagram and they are excellent at handling any issues.

Yes, sometimes it does work itself out, especially, if it is a new booking.  It takes a few days to populate after changing or adding a new booking.

If it doesn’t bother you, I’d wait also.  

Glad they handle issues on Instagram for you.

I booked them both at the same time about a month ago, but we frequently book B2B and I guess I am just used to the way they show up. App is definitely quirky sometimes but it rarely is a problem for me, and if it is I just ignore it for a week or so and it generally behaves after that 

55 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

I booked them both at the same time about a month ago, but we frequently book B2B and I guess I am just used to the way they show up. App is definitely quirky sometimes but it rarely is a problem for me, and if it is I just ignore it for a week or so and it generally behaves after that 

Lol.  It has a personality disorder. 😆

Let us know if it corrects itself!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The "new version" of the app does not seem to handle multiple cruises very well, in my opinion.

I especially hate that if you're on a cruise, it will not allow you to see any other booked cruises.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

I especially hate that if you're on a cruise, it will not allow you to see any other booked cruises.

It has been that way for many years.  That’s not a change.  It is specific to the current cruise, once OB.

You can, however, work on your other cruises, by signing into Princess.com. Of course you need wifi.

10 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It has been that way for many years.  That’s not a change.  It is specific to the current cruise, once OB.

You can, however, work on your other cruises, by signing into Princess.com. Of course you need wifi.

Princess.com is supposed to be FREE access, so you should not need an internet paid plan.

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

Princess.com is supposed to be FREE access, so you should not need an internet paid plan.

That’s true, you can access Princess.com without a plan.  Thanks tor that.

On 8/5/2024 at 5:46 PM, Sprocket said:

Thanks for sharing. We actually booked one and then three weeks later added the second one. It has not corrected itself yet.  It's been over a month. 
I haven't called Princess yet. Calling is a pain. LOL. 

5 hours ago, rcprncss said:

Thanks for sharing. We actually booked one and then three weeks later added the second one. It has not corrected itself yet.  It's been over a month. 
I haven't called Princess yet. Calling is a pain. LOL. 

Try to delete App and then reinstall.  You won’t lose anything.

If that doesn’t work, then call, make sure to pick the ocean ready prompt. They have had some trained agents recently.  Not the CS agents, they have no clue.

Let us know.

If this is a b2b, same ship, etc, it will show as one cruise. 

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Try to delete App and then reinstall.  You won’t lose anything.

If that doesn’t work, then call, make sure to pick the ocean ready prompt. They have had some trained agents recently.  Not the CS agents, they have no clue.

Let us know.

If this is a b2b, same ship, etc, it will show as one cruise. 

Thank you for the suggestion.  I thought of it but didn't do it.  After you mentioned it, I deleted it and re-installed it.  Same problem.  I then called Princess and followed your direction and selected the Ocean Ready prompt.  It was only a 15 minute phone call. She said it will be escalated to the technical department and I should receive an email once it's fixed.  LOL!  We will see. She did try to upsell me with the plus/premier package. I will let you know if it gets fixed. Thanks again.

• Like 1