Ships and Cabin Class with New or Renovated Glass Door Showers

Our first cruise on HAL was this May on the Volendam in an Ocean View that had a nice sized shower with glass doors and no tub; apparently it had been converted from a tub/shower with curtains to a shower only with glass doors. I know the Pinnacle Class ships were built with such showers; but since I am a newbee with HAL, could someone please tell me which ships and what cabin classes have also converted their tubs to showers with glass doors? Note: my wife has trouble stepping into a tub.

Thanks, Larry

Posted (edited)

Sorry I don’t have a full answer to your question. I just know that not all cabins on the Volendam have been converted to shower doors. I was in an inside cabin last year and it was the old stand up style with a shower curtain. The ocean view cabins across from me had been converted. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ

Not converted but some veranda cabins on the Vista class ships at the back of deck four have showers with a shower curtain.

We prefer this to a shower in the tub and always look for these cabins first.

Here is some useful information and photos of various cabins.

https://halfacts.com/vista-class/

happy planning

On 8/10/2024 at 9:51 PM, Sharon in AZ said:

Sorry I don’t have a full answer to your question. I just know that not all cabins on the Volendam have been converted to shower doors. I was in an inside cabin last year and it was the old stand up style with a shower curtain. The ocean view cabins across from me had been converted.

We're sailing on the Volendam this Saturday in an ocean view on promenade deck. What deck were you on? I loathe shower curtains and would love to have a shower door instead. It's obviously not a deal breaker just a nice to have for 11 days. Thanks!

2 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

We're sailing on the Volendam this Saturday in an ocean view on promenade deck. What deck were you on? I loathe shower curtains and would love to have a shower door instead. It's obviously not a deal breaker just a nice to have for 11 days. Thanks!

We were on deck 2 in cabin 2621 with glass door shower

4 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

Ummm, I don’t think you’ll be sailing on the Volendam on Saturday…. We don’t arrive back to Boston until Tuesday!  Please don’t rush the last few days of my cruise!😀

I'm in an OV on Deck 1 and have a renovated shower!  According to the deck plans, all cabins on Deck 3 Lower Promenade have been converted to showers.

34 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Ummm, I don’t think you’ll be sailing on the Volendam on Saturday…. We don’t arrive back to Boston until Tuesday!  Please don’t rush the last few days of my cruise!😀

I'm in an OV on Deck 1 and have a renovated shower!  According to the deck plans, all cabins on Deck 3 Lower Promenade have been converted to showers.

LOL. I'm so scatter brained. We're starting our vacation Saturday, but that's spending a few days in NYC with our daughter first. DOH.

I'm glad to hear that we'll have a renovated shower. Those shower curtains just make a mess (and attack me while doing so)! Thanks.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

I was on Deck 1 in an inside cabin. The OV cabins across from me had been converted. Also they had lovey new chairs while I had a heavy storage stool/footrest. I personally don’t mind having a shower curtain, in fact I’ll have one for 14 days on the Zuiderdam very soon. But the converted showers are nice and more modern. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2024 at 9:34 PM, NantahalaCruiser said:

Note: my wife has trouble stepping into a tub.

Thanks, Larry

The deck plan should indicate by symbol which staterooms are shower only, which will eliminate the issue of stepping into a tub. Whether or not it will be a shower curtain or glass door is not indicated, to my knowledge.