Still limited to only 2 specialty dining reservations pre-cruise?

KKB

1 minute ago, KKB said:

Just making sure nothing has changed since our last NCL cruise.

Thx!

You are not limited to booking only 2 Specialty Restaurants.  However, you need to book any fixed-price restaurants first (whichever date you want), then, add the other specialty restaurants you want.

8 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

You are not limited to booking only 2 Specialty Restaurants.  However, you need to book any fixed-price restaurants first (whichever date you want), then, add the other specialty restaurants you want.

Interesting. Anytime we have had more than 2 to book, we were unable to online.

Good to know, thx!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KKB said:

Interesting. Anytime we have had more than 2 to book, we were unable to online.

Good to know, thx!

I just booked 4 the other day, at the 120 day mark. I had purchased the 2 meal package before booking so not sure if that makes a difference 🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KKB said:

Anytime we have had more than 2 to book, we were unable to online.

Are you certain that this was with NCL?  Many of us have been booking more than 2 for years without any limitations (other than booking two on the same day).

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ctlyf said:

I just booked 4 the other day, at the 120 day mark. I had purchased the 2 meal package before booking so not sure if that makes a difference 🤷‍♀️

Makes no difference at all. You can book a meal for every night without having any packages if you want.

• Like 3

I think you cannot book a meal in same restaurant more than once; all meals that you book must be in different restaurants.

I was able to book meals in 4 different specialty restaurants just a few days ago for our December cruise.

• Like 2

I have been able to book the same restaurant multiple times before boarding.  As someone above said - book any fixed price ones first, so that they use your free at sea slots.  It doesn’t matter how you then ‘pay’ for them on board.

2 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

I think you cannot book a meal in same restaurant more than once; all meals that you book must be in different restaurants.

I was able to book meals in 4 different specialty restaurants just a few days ago for our December cruise.

There was a period of time where you weren’t able to book the same place twice, but that was fixed a while ago. We were able to do so the last couple of times I tried.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Are you certain that this was with NCL?  Many of us have been booking more than 2 for years without any limitations (other than booking two on the same day).

100%. I would do 2 reservations but if I tried to do another I would get an error messsage.

But glad to see we can.

Thanks ya'll!

4 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Cant be that, we just booked Cagneys for 2 days of our cruise.. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, KKB said:

100%. I would do 2 reservations but if I tried to do another I would get an error messsage.

But glad to see we can.

Thanks ya'll!

A possibility is that the third booking was at a restaurant that you already had a booking for, and this was during that period where the system was only allowing one reservation per restaurant.

Either that or you were just unlucky in that there was a system problem at the time you were trying.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

Just now, KeithJenner said:

A possibility is that the third booking was at a restaurant that you already had a booking for, and this was during that period where the system was only allowing one reservation per restaurant.

Wither that or you were just unlucky in that there was a system problem at the time you were trying.

No, I've never booked a repeat restaurant on the same cruise.

And this happened on every cruise where we had more than one restaurant we wanted to book. (say we had 1 or 2 from Free at Sea, plus we bought the 2 restaurant dining package)

We have done 6 NCL cruises, all since 2018🤷‍♀️

Just now, KKB said:

No, I've never booked a repeat restaurant on the same cruise.

And this happened on every cruise where we had more than one restaurant we wanted to book. (say we had 1 or 2 from Free at Sea, plus we bought the 2 restaurant dining package)

We have done 6 NCL cruises, all since 2018🤷‍♀️

Very odd then in that you seem to have repeatedly had a problem that I have never heard of anyone else having.

It may be worth calling NCL and seeing if there is a problem with your account. Not sure what luck you would have with that, but it certainly seems to be a unique problem for you, so there is likely a good chance that it will be the same next time as well.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, KKB said:

Just making sure nothing has changed since our last NCL cruise.

Thx!

I have NEVER been limited to the number of dining reservations I make.  I have ALWAyS booked dining for every night of our cruise with no problem at all.

22 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

You fdo not HAVE TO do that but it does keep prepayment due to a minimum.