Speciality Dining Package and Advanced Reservations

mbjonsn

Hello. I have purchased a three night speciality dining package and I’m wondering if we can prebook reservations before getting on the ship. We are currently 76 days out.  I see you can make a reservation and pay for the restaurant but how does this work if you already have a package purchased?  I don’t see how to accomplish making a reservation. 

TIA for your help!

Good luck booking onboard.  They had nothing available when I boarded the Beyond with a 5 night package (9 night cruise).  I told them to cancel the whole package and they somehow found room for the restaurants and times we wanted about an hour later.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, riredsox said:

Good luck booking onboard.  They had nothing available when I boarded the Beyond with a 5 night package (9 night cruise).  I told them to cancel the whole package and they somehow found room for the restaurants and times we wanted about an hour later.  

That was a very unusual situation and glad you were able to work it out.  Since at present you cannot pre reserve specialty restaurant dining packages through the planner or the app the only way to do this is on board.  We have never had an issue such as you describe.

The easiest way to do this is once you board to go to any of the specialty restaurants and talk with the maître d and they will reserve all restaurants for the days and times you prefer.  It usually takes about 10 minutes and they will be able to coordinate times that work for you.  There also frequently is a kiosk nearby that is staffed with someone who can do this as well.

If you have access to a concierge they can also assist, but they will be talking with the same people as you and we find that doing it directly is more efficient.

This is how we have always done this and, as mentioned, have never had an issue getting a schedule that fit with our plans.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

We have done the specialty 3 or 4 night plan and also  purchased the dining reservation individually prior to sailing.  Have found that one does not save that much money booking the "package" and you get to choose your time and no need to run around once onboard scheduling your reservations.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, riredsox said:

I told them to cancel the whole package and they somehow found room for the restaurants and times we wanted about an hour later.  

That’s not typical. There are limits for a reason - to provide a level of service - and if they force in another table then other diners’ service level can suffer.

Although I hate not getting times/days I want, I would rather that than to spend beaucoup dollars for a meal only to have to wait for service or food because they jammed in a couple more tables. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

Although I hate not getting times/days I want, I would rather that than to spend beaucoup dollars for a meal only to have to wait for service or food because they jammed in a couple more tables. 

I just want to add that over the years we have done SR packages frequently, as well as purchasing individual SR's separately, as we typically eat the majority of our meals in SR's. 

Not challenging your comments but just offering a different perspective based on this in that we have never experienced that either.  Rearranging tables to accommodate party size, yes, adding tables with reduced service, no.  I guess we have just been fortunate with our reservations on the ships on which we have sailed. But in fairness we have not sailed "E" class yet as previously referenced by another poster, so maybe things there are different.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Rearranging tables to accommodate party size, yes, adding tables with reduced service, no.  

You said this much better than I did! Exactly what I meant ... 

• Like 2