London to London cruise, I/12/204

We have just boarded this cruise. There were problems apparent from lack of staffing,— not with the service personnel here, just because it seems they have two few service personnel. First evening in the Compass rose, nobody was around to show us the desert menus. Also, upon boarding, we asked our room steward to bringing  us some beer and Diet Coke. Now in the evening, the fridge has not been  refreshed and serviced. Many of the service personnel have told us thar this is their first time. Shouldn’t we get a discount for taking a training cruise?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Shouldn’t we get a discount for taking a training cruise?

What makes you think the cruise wasn't already discounted as a "training cruise?"  Imagine the cost if it was FULL price!  😱😜

Edited by papaflamingo

14 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

We have just boarded this cruise. There were problems apparent from lack of staffing,— not with the service personnel here, just because it seems they have two few service personnel. First evening in the Compass rose, nobody was around to show us the desert menus. Also, upon boarding, we asked our room steward to bringing  us some beer and Diet Coke. Now in the evening, the fridge has not been  refreshed and serviced. Many of the service personnel have told us thar this is their first time. Shouldn’t we get a discount for taking a training cruise?

On Crystal another passenger had the same problem and when he complained to reception he was visited by the head butler who apologized profusely and presented him with a reserve champagne. If you are looking for service Crystal is amazing with 85 to 90 percent returning staff. I recuperated on board a Crystal ship post surgery and I can verify that the staff did everything to make my trip truly relaxing. For me it is Regent for their itineraries and Crystal for relaxation. 

When you compare the cost of high end resorts cruising on Regent is almost a bargain. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

What makes you think the cruise wasn't already discounted as a "training cruise?"  Imagine the cost if it was FULL price!  😱😜

It was heavily discounted a couple of times ….unfortunately we couldn’t make it work for us so just stayed with our original booking the London to Oslo cruise which is the next one.

• Like 1

Dolebludger,

How was your flight and hotel experience?  I know it can be difficult flying from a smaller town in Colorado and often involves several domestic connections.  Did you book it thru Regent?  And finally, did you get your Diet Coke?

On 8/13/2024 at 10:25 AM, papaflamingo said:

My “training cruise” statement was made in humor. I may have missed the mark!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/17/2024 at 5:28 AM, Dolebludger said:

My “training cruise” statement was made in humor. I may have missed the mark!

My comment to you was also made in jest.  Maybe I missed the mark too. Sometimes my sense of humor is a bit "misunderstood."  Event my wife misses it....most the time actually.... could explain a lot. 😱

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Haha 1

The service staffing matter has greatly improved. But another matter has emerged. Our suite’s toilet refused to flush this morning. We reported it, and it was fixed — for a while — and then refused to flush again. Several hours later, it’s still working, so fingers crossed. Our CD is Natalie (haven’t found the last name). I also can’t find out how long she will be on this ship. Everything under the CD direction has been great.

On 8/12/2024 at 8:34 PM, Dolebludger said:

There were problems apparent from lack of staffing .................... just because it seems they have two few service personnel.

26 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

The service staffing matter has greatly improved.

Did more staff arrive on board since your embarkation ? 🤔

Glad service has improved and that you are enjoying your cruise 😎

Typo! And I don’t think any service crew was added. They were a bit disjointed at the start, but improved quickly. Also, the toilet is still working. I was told it was a vacuum system problem.

Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2024 at 5:48 AM, Dolebludger said:

Typo! And I don’t think any service crew was added. They were a bit disjointed at the start, but improved quickly. Also, the toilet is still working. I was told it was a vacuum system problem.

Glad you clarified that! I had images of you cruising in a trireme, which would have explained the after dinner “desert menus” you were given…😆

Edited by JPR
  • Haha 1