If you don't have a package......

24 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

If you do not have a package and you use the stateroom phone to order room service it’s a $5.00 delivery fee each time you pick up phone to order -unless you have one of the packages. The same if you would like to use your app( ocean now- delivery anywhere on ship including cabin) and use the ocean now it will be $14.99 per voyage that you’re on if you don’t have a package.

My thinking was that if I had a crew member at the buffet place the order for me there might not be a one time charge associated with the delivery. (wishful thinking I suppose)

Posted (edited)

@555- not sure I understand……

why would you be at the buffet physically and want a crew member( I don’t think they would or understand either) to order a free dessert for you?? 

Just go get a free dessert.

How are you going to order from a crew member?

You order from your cabin phone or use app - ocean now or physically go to a food venue.

Wishful thinking would be…. If you don’t have a plus or premier package,you pay the going rate for food or drink delivery depending on the way you choose.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@555- not sure I understand……

why would you be at the buffet physically and want a crew member( I don’t think they would or understand either) to order a free dessert for you?? 

Just go get a free dessert.

How are you going to order from a crew member?

You order from your cabin phone or use app - ocean now or physically go to a food venue.

Wishful thinking would be…. If you don’t have a plus or premier package, you pay the going rate for food or drink delivery depending on the way you choose.

There are free desserts that can be ordered via your phone when you use Ocean now and are nor offered otherwise. 

If your eating at the buffet & you don't have a package & don't want to pay the $14.99 one time charge, my thinking is to get a crew member to place the order for you thereby not having to pay the $14.99. The crew can place orders for beverages & bring them to your table, so why not desserts?

Surely there must be a way for those that don't have a phone to get those desserts at the buffet. 

2 hours ago, 555 said:

Surely there must be a way for those that don't have a phone to get those desserts at the buffet. 

I am confused.  If you are at the buffet, you walk up to the buffet and get your own dessert.  Isn’t that the whole purpose of the buffet, you walk up and and get your own food? I have seen staff assist disabled people with food service, but usually they are busy enough with getting drinks to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Those special desserts are included with the plus/premier packages, two/day. If you don't have a package there is a cost for the dessert you order. It does not matter if you have or don't have Ocean Now. Also, from what I have seen these desserts are available at specific locations such as the International Cafe, Coffee & Cones and so on. It's not the same as ordering a burger and fries at the Lido Deck grill and then a waiter delivers it to your table, locating you by your medallion. 

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2024 at 12:08 AM, Thrak said:

This is why I think it's great we have a choice. While we are in the second camp there are many who are in the first camp. For many the package(s) make a great deal of sense. For others the packages constitute sheer nonsense.  There is no one-size-fits-all solution.

Yeah, that right. It's a totally individual choice. Funny really as we have done 17 previous cruises and never had a package. But on our forthcoming cruise on Sky Princess we have decided to give it a go. I'm not in anyway a skinflint, but I am known for looking after the pennies and pounds (nickles, dimes, dollars) and after a couple of days I get a pen and paper and go through my spend. I know you can now access this via the App or I believe tv now. So although I will still keep an eye on charges made to my account I won't have to worry about paying for drinks or gratuities. The excursions are sorted and paid for. So hopefully all that needs to concern me is that I have the correct OBC and that I use it as it's non refundable and if I go over my OBC by how much. I'm not unduly concerned. Must just keep the wife clear of Chanel handbags, but I know she want's a watch and I want a bit of duty free.

Posted (edited)

@555 is this what you are referring to? ( photo below)The complimentary desserts/ cake via ocean now or room service?

Just to let you know ,you do not have to have the app Ocean now on your phone. You can have it on any device and you may order this free dessert on your stateroom/cabin phone as well ,but either way you order it ,it will cost you unless you have a package where it’s already included.

So why not just place from your cabin phone a very large food order ( there are many complimentary items on there )and it’s a five dollar delivery fee & include your dessert ,problem solved .

I don’t think any crew member is going to order you this dessert that you want. (it is not available for a crew member to order and the crew member in the buffet- that is not their job ,so not sure why you keep trying to go around the system potentially ?) Yes a crew member in the buffet at breakfast/lunch/dinner will get you drinks, that is one of the services that is in their job description in the buffet.
I don’t believe a buffet crew member is going to understand what you want. They’re just going to go get you a dessert that you describe to them from the buffet line -maybe -and bring it to your table,but you or cabinmate can do that yourself at the buffet.

And besides the buffet has a ton of desserts, of course may or may not be the exact ones that are on the ocean now/room service menu.

The cake on the plus/ premier package ,most passengers they just try them once and they are done,they are available to everyone to purchase.The choices of those cakes are red velvet ,chocolate cake, and black forest cake and they are around $4.50 . The three cakes are available, depending on what ship you’re on at coffee and cones, swirls, or the gelateria.IMG_1207.thumb.jpeg.c5e332a24f339f8fb75f6a7a7a85b87d.jpeg

Edited by arizonaperson

15 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

IMG_1207.thumb.jpeg.c5e332a24f339f8fb75f6a7a7a85b87d.jpeg

Sorry, I though that the above items were complementary for people even without any package. 

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

they are

Then I'll have to see how a crew member reacts when I ask them to place an order for me. They can do it with drinks from the bar, so why not desserts from the menu if I'm having my buffet lunch with no phone?

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, 555 said:

Sorry, I though that the above items were complementary for people even without any package. 

They are complimentary ….whether you have a package or no package. It’s the delivery fee that you’re trying to skirt around.
And good luck with a crew member getting you whatever dessert on the ocean now menu that you want while you’re sitting in the buffet.

Let us know how that turns out. I hope you get exactly, what you’re wanting while the rest of the passengers pay a delivery fee .

Like I said before, there are plenty of desserts in the buffet for you. Perhaps even the ones that are listed on the ocean now menu. Definitely the cookies are in the buffet and there’s always some sort of a chocolate cake. So unless you’re physically unable to go get your dessert from the buffet then maybe a crew member would get it for you or if they’re feeling sorry for you or they like you, etc..

I explained in detail in a previous post -yes the buffet crew member may in their job description get you drinks ,but not menu items from the ocean now menu just because you don’t carry a phone with you ( your words) or don’t want to pay for the delivery, etc. etc. whatever excuse you may have.

The ocean now/room service menu comes from a totally different area than the buffet so that crewmember could not go all around and find the items that you would want. That’s the whole idea of the delivery fee on the ocean now. Yes I know in the buffet, they can get drinks for you, but they are charged to your account if you get alcohol  or other fee based drinks.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

They are complimentary ….whether you have a package or no package. It’s the delivery fee that you’re trying to skirt around.
And good luck with a crew member getting you whatever dessert on the ocean now menu that you want while you’re sitting in the buffet.

Let us know how that turns out. I hope you get exactly, what you’re wanting while the rest of the passengers pay a delivery fee .

Like I said before, there are plenty of desserts in the buffet for you. Perhaps even the ones that are listed on the ocean now menu. Definitely the cookies are in the buffet and there’s always some sort of a chocolate cake. So unless you’re physically unable to go get your dessert from the buffet then maybe a crew member would get it for you or if they’re feeling sorry for you or they like you, etc..

I explained in detail in a previous post -yes the buffet crew member may in their job description get you drinks ,but not menu items from the ocean now menu just because you don’t carry a phone with you ( your words) or don’t want to pay for the delivery, etc. etc. whatever excuse you may have.

The ocean now/room service menu comes from a totally different area than the buffet so that crewmember could not go all around and find the items that you would want. That’s the whole idea of the delivery fee on the ocean now. Yes I know in the buffet, they can get drinks for you, but they are charged to your account if you get alcohol  or other fee based drinks.

I'll let you know how it all turns out someday. 

• Thanks 1

@555 do you have plus or premier package on the cruise voyage that you are asking about the “ free” ocean now desserts? If that is the case and you order from the app and it never arrives at your buffet table then maybe a cruise member in the buffet Might go hunt it down for you?

I seem to remember that you have used the ocean now on a previous cruise,so you are familiar with ocean now??

5 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@555 do you have plus or premier package on the cruise voyage that you are asking about the “ free” ocean now desserts? If that is the case and you order from the app and it never arrives at your buffet table then maybe a cruise member in the buffet Might go hunt it down for you?

I seem to remember that you have used the ocean now on a previous cruise,so you are familiar with ocean now??

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.