photo on registration

johnsea

Just received notice our online registration for boarding passes is coming up for our cruise & one of the requirements is a mobile phone with camera to upload photos. We do not have a cell phone & wondering if I can get the boarding passes without doing this. With Celebrity they just took the photos when we arrived to board the ship. Is this an option with Oceania? 

We believed that nonsense once and spent a good deal of time trying to get a good photo of ourselves.  When we boarded they didn't even ask for it and they took our pictures.  I think my hair looked a lot better in the photos we took because I took the time to make sure I looked beautiful.  But you never see the photos they take so I guess it doesn't matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your butler and/or room attendants also see that early photo of you and start to memorize your face and name . I’ve been greeted by name , in the hallway ,from such staff I’ve never previously met.

I have uploaded photos from my computer, not a mobile phone, when doing the online registration.  I prefer using my desktop (big monitor, full keyboard) for most of this stuff, rather than dealing with the small screen on my mobile phone. 

• Like 3

Boarded the Sirena last week, and had taken our pictures as part of the boarding pass process.  No new picture was taken at checkin and we could see the agent's screen had our submitted ones.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Your butler and/or room attendants also see that early photo of you and start to memorize your face and name

That may be why they seem so adept at remembering names. Although I wonder if, on a ship full of North Americans, our British accents make us more memorable. 

As for the photo, for the last two cruises, we've tried to upload from the PC without success (and with much annoyance about the faff in trying). But there has been no problem at the cruise terminal - they just take your photo there. 

Edited by Harters
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Boarded the Sirena last week, and had taken our pictures as part of the boarding pass process.  No new picture was taken at checkin and we could see the agent's screen had our submitted ones.

This was the same on my last cruise, but the one before that they retook them. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so I’ve tried multiple times to take my photo as part of the online check-in process. Frustrating process, and am not able to take and upload an acceptable photo although it does not tell me why my photo is not sufficient to proceed.
Even if I select “skip the photo”, I cannot get my boarding pass. Any tips? BTW, I tried Oceania’s chat function, and it was pathetic and useless.

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

OK, so I’ve tried multiple times to take my photo as part of the online check-in process. Frustrating process, and am not able to take and upload an acceptable photo although it does not tell me why my photo is not sufficient to proceed.
Even if I select “skip the photo”, I cannot get my boarding pass. Any tips? BTW, I tried Oceania’s chat function, and it was pathetic and useless.

I did the online check-in process today and almost had a similar experience. I skipped the photo because it's not necessary. They always take a photo at the terminal anyway. I watched the video and got down to "save or print boarding pass". It wouldn't let me do it.  I called Oceania and she told me I have to wait 24 hours, then I can print the boarding pass.  I questioned that because that has never been a requirement but she insisted it has always been that way. ??

When my husband checked in a little later, we were then able to print both boarding passes.  So if you're traveling with someone both have to check in before you can get the boarding passes. 

It's always interesting when you call Oceania. You never know who you're going to talk to.  The stuff they come up with and then insist it's true......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for your response. I fussed with this for quite a long time this morning, and it was very frustrating. After a while, I got my boarding pass via email.
Not the best way to run a railroad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Thank you for your response. I fussed with this for quite a long time this morning, and it was very frustrating. After a while, I got my boarding pass via email.
Not the best way to run a railroad.

Robin, my boarding pass was in that same e-mail even though I haven’t checked or done photo!!

• Like 1