Onboard Credits

trips_ahoy

Are you able to offset a portion of end of voyage gratuity charge with any remaining onboard credits?

The credits may be only useable for excursions, but we are not sure.

Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, trips_ahoy said:

Are you able to offset a portion of end of voyage gratuity charge with any remaining onboard credits?

The credits may be only useable for excursions, but we are not sure.

Thanks in advance.

If it's the Simply More Shipboard Excursion Credit, it can only be used for excursions.  It's a use it for excursions  or lose it.

• Like 2

I think you can use shipboard credits to pay gratuities.  But if you're talking about the Simply More shore excursion credit you get, as others have said, no, you can't.  (Shipboard credit is given by some travel advisors, and some shipboard credit is accrued as part of the loyalty program). The guest statement you receive after booking (or paying first deposit) should tell you what kind of credit it is.  There's also spa credit sometimes, too - only for use at the spa.) 

On 8/14/2024 at 7:06 AM, 1985rz1 said:

If it's the Simply More Shipboard Excursion Credit, it can only be used for excursions.  It's a use it for excursions  or lose it.

If you want to finish our conversation send me an email orv 7 at hotmail dot com. 

I don't know if you saw my last post. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ORV said:

If you want to finish our conversation send me an email orv 7 at hotmail dot com. 

I don't know if you saw my last post. 

Will do.  Is there a space between v and 7?  There's a time lag because we're on the Sirena cruising down thecoast of Norway.

Edited by 1985rz1

9 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Will do.  Is there a space between v and 7?  There's a time lag because we're on the Sirena cruising down thecoast of Norway.

Nope, sorry should have put it together. No rush. I'm headed that way Saturday. Well, kinda, Scotland to Boston by way of Iceland & Greenland. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ORV said:

Nope, sorry should have put it together. No rush. I'm headed that way Saturday. Well, kinda, Scotland to Boston by way of Iceland & Greenland. 

Looks like we'll be in Edinburgh the same days as you: August 24 and 25, as a port stop.  But we've been booted from Leith to Rosyth as our docking port.  Guess we should move this to email, rather than on this thread.  Sent you one last night when the internet was actually working.

Edited by 1985rz1

1 hour ago, 1985rz1 said:

Looks like we'll be in Edinburgh the same days as you: August 24 and 25, as a port stop.  But we've been booted from Leith to Rosyth as our docking port.  Guess we should move this to email, rather than on this thread.  Sent you one last night when the internet was actually working.

I didn't get it. Do you have Gmail? For some reason my hotmail will not accept all gmails unless I put the sender in my contacts. Crazy, but it's happened half a dozen times or more. 

On 8/16/2024 at 7:05 PM, roothy123 said:

I think you can use shipboard credits to pay gratuities.  But if you're talking about the Simply More shore excursion credit you get, as others have said, no, you can't.  (Shipboard credit is given by some travel advisors, and some shipboard credit is accrued as part of the loyalty program). The guest statement you receive after booking (or paying first deposit) should tell you what kind of credit it is.  There's also spa credit sometimes, too - only for use at the spa.) 

Good explanation. I think the spa credit is only an issue for those over 15 cruises. 

15 minutes ago, ORV said:

I didn't get it. Do you have Gmail? For some reason my hotmail will not accept all gmails unless I put the sender in my contacts. Crazy, but it's happened half a dozen times or more. 

Barry dot L dot Lutz at gmail dot com

Will resend.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Got your test email, answered and resent my previous email.  Let me know if you got it.  Maybe I'm considered spam 🤔

• Like 1