Club Orange Math

CNSJ

1 minute ago, Vaxine said:

With Club Orange stateroom upgrades, do you pick your stateroom, or do you get offered a specific stateroom in your upgrade class?

You can pick from what is available at the time.  Do a dummy booking on HAL's website - then call and ask for the available stateroom you liked.

19 minutes ago, Vaxine said:

With Club Orange stateroom upgrades, do you pick your stateroom, or do you get offered a specific stateroom in your upgrade class?

Yes you can choose from any available cabin in the higher category. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Is club orange open on embarkation day for lunch?

No lunch any day in CO dining room. Now the MDR is not even open for embarkation day lunch. The only free or included lunch options for embarkation day are the Lido Market, Dive-In and on Pinnacle ships the NY Pizza. The Grand Dutch Cafe might be open but on the Pinnacle ships

Edited by terrydtx

21 hours ago, Vaxine said:

You pick from what's available at the time you purchase Club Orange. Have a deck plan in hand or onscreen when you call and know which ones you would prefer.

9 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

You pick from what's available at the time you purchase Club Orange. Have a deck plan in hand or onscreen when you call and know which ones you would prefer.

Normally our TA can give us a list of the cabins available and we tell her which ones we would take. That was how we handled our booking for the Volendam sailing next week. My sister booked the cabin next to us and my cousin booked the one on the other side of us at the same time as we booked, all with our TA. Next week we are going to book an August 2026 Nieuw Statendam cruise while onboard the Volendam to get the extra FCC bonus with booking. So we will need to have the deck and cabin number we want for our CO upgrade.

Posted (edited)
On 8/16/2024 at 10:47 AM, terrydtx said:

I am not 100% sure but I believe only the first 2 have to pay and a 3rd person is included. We have never cruises on HAL with more than 2 of us in a cabin.

Club Orange is per person, pax 1 & 2 only. It's $25/person/day on sailings less 14 days. It drops to $15 pp/day at 14 days. (Yes, a two week cruise costs less than a 10 day cruise.)

Solos do not pay double. (Single traveler on a 14 day sailing in a starter level verandah is literally the sweet spot.)

Edited by POA1
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

So after reading all of the above and clearing up my confusion on costs, I booked CO for two of our Med cruises in Sep-Oct next year, B2B. We went from separate cabins for each cruise in VF category up front of the ship to a nice mid-ship VA category and same cabin for both cruises! Plus all the other perks. This will be on the Oosterdam, so no separate CO dining space which is fine.

Club_Orange_Benefits.pdf

Edited by asebastian
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Newbie here:  How do I know what constitutes a "one category upgrade"?  The stateroom I really want on the Niew Amsterdam is VA 8092.  Do I "book" a VB in order to upgrade to VA?  or are they non-alphabetical?  HELP 🙂🤪

Oh, and also (yeah, that's me above, too!):  Once I book and pay my deposit, can my travel agent book Club Orange on the spot so that I can change to the upgraded cabin right there in her office in one visit?  Or do I have to wait for the club orange booking to come through?

Thanks so much to everyone on this thread - it has been great!!!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Vaxine said:

Oh, and also (yeah, that's me above, too!):  Once I book and pay my deposit, can my travel agent book Club Orange on the spot so that I can change to the upgraded cabin right there in her office in one visit?  Or do I have to wait for the club orange booking to come through?

Thanks so much to everyone on this thread - it has been great!!!

I find it best to work with HAL during normal weekday business Pacific Time.  Yes, once you book your trip, your TA will talk to Club Orange Reps to book Club Orange and then you can do your TA can do the upgrade on the spot.  You will also need to pay for CO when you book CO.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2024 at 6:24 PM, Vaxine said:

Newbie here:  How do I know what constitutes a "one category upgrade"?  The stateroom I really want on the Niew Amsterdam is VA 8092.  Do I "book" a VB in order to upgrade to VA?  or are they non-alphabetical?  HELP 🙂🤪

You can book the cheapest balcony guarantee not the VB, pay the CO and book the (balcony) cabin of your choice. That is of course if CO is available for your cruise. You should be able to do it in one go your TA might have to make two phone calls though.

Happy planning

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

You can book the cheapest balcony guarantee not the VB, pay the CO and book the (balcony) cabin of your choice. That is of course if CO is available for your cruise. You should be able to do it in one go your TA might have to make two phone calls though.

Happy planning

That is what we did for our 2026 Nieuw Statendam cruise booked this week while onboard the Volendam. We booked a VH obstructed view verandah and with CO we upgraded to a VA midship cabin we wanted. The difference in cost of the VH and VA was more than what the CO cost was. A 14 day cruise only costs $15 pp per day for CO.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Booked our 9/14/24 Koningsdam cruise in May

Booked Cat VH Guarantee, great promo

Purchased CO, Upgrade to VA, picked a nice cabin: $175.00pp

Called Inventory Aug 5, paid upgrade to Neptune Suite: $300pp less $175pp CO costs, as CO is included with Neptune Suite

Upgrade final cost: $125.00pp more than the original VH guarantee for a Neptune Suite

As we always book off season sailings, this has worked for us on our last 4 cruises. One reason we stick with HAL and Pinnacle ships

Edited by cattman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cattman said:

Called Inventory Aug 5, paid upgrade to Neptune Suite - $300pp less $175pp CO costs

(CO is included iwith Neptune Suite)

Upgrade final cost - $125.00pp more than the original VH guarantee for a Neptune Suite

Well Done Cattman

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, CNSJ said:

Well Done Cattman

Now, we could have done the upgrade - if available - from the VH Guarantee, but purchasing CO assures us of a cabin we are happy with if no paid upgrades are available as well as CO privileges

Edited by cattman

3 hours ago, cattman said:

assures us of a cabin we are happy with

In my case a cabin location "we are unhappy with" - leads to DW reminding me about it for a long time.  Upsells are great, but you can't rely on them as you know.