Anyone had any success in upgrading to the New Enhanced Premier from the Current Premier ?

Posted (edited)

I tried to upgrade my upcoming cruise in November on the Discovery Princess via chat and they were unable to do so. I called customer support and it took some time (had to get a supervisor involved) but after about 35 minutes was able to upgrade for $10 more per day. After the upgrade I was able to book Specialty Dining on all 7 nights at no charge. If chat tells you no call customer support, if customer support says they can’t upgrade you yet have them check with a supervisor / team lead and they can get it done. Keep trying, there are agents who know what to do.

Edited by djzuz
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, reedprincess said:

TA took care of it for me..

If booking is with a TA do they have to be the one that does the upgrade?  Or can you do it on your own through the AP?

I did it today through Chat. Went from Plus to Premier. Waiting for my refunds from the pre-booked Specialty Dining before rebooking them at no charge. Trying to do it at this point, the system is trying to use those refunds as credits, which I don’t want.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2024 at 7:07 AM, Gracie115 said:

If booking is with a TA do they have to be the one that does the upgrade?  Or can you do it on your own through the AP?

I booked with a TA, but did the upgrade on my own.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dog said:

Has anyone upgraded through the app yet?

Not me.

The link on the app takes me to a mobile version of the website and I get the same page as when on the full site. I click on packages and it shows I have Plus even though I upgraded to Premier before the Premier changes.

Before I had my CVP upgrade me from Plus to the old Premier I would get the same page when trying to complete the upgrade myself. But there was sometimes a short lag while the page was loading that showed a link to upgrade very briefly before the page as it appears to me now loaded. I refreshed the page a few times until I was able to quickly click that link that showed for a split second. That finally allowed me to add the upgrade to my cart. But I ended up having my CVP do the upgrade anyway just to be sure.

Now that I'm trying to upgrade to the new Premier I'm having that same issue. It still shows Plus and there is no link on that page to actually complete the upgrade. 🤷‍♀️

Screenshot_20240822_134039_Princess.thumb.jpg.1d85f65db6067c07ece5308f1d7669a2.jpg

15 minutes ago, dog said:

Has anyone upgraded to new premier for Sun?

Our next upcoming trip is the 19 October sailing on the Sun. All four of our upcoming trips were booked with the big cruise TA who can't be named. Our personal TA with the agency tried a number of times this week to upgrade us from the old to the new premier package. The last Email from her, after talking to Princess, said that "At the present time, the new Premier Package cannot be added to any of your 4 bookings because the cruise rates you got are ... Special Pricing, which are not combinable with the New Premier Package.  The only way to upgrade is on board. Princess Cruises Staff will be located outside of Sabatini's & Crown Grill to do the upgrade for you."

Not a huge deal for the October trip as the only perq we wanted ahead of time is the unlimited Specialty dinners, and they can't be booked online right now anyway as pretty much everything is sold out. We will just do as we always do and call the DINE line the moment we board and book the rest then.  For our other three trips, it looks like we will have to book online now, pay in full, do the upgrade as soon as we board, then see how the refund will work since we would supposedly have 5 or 6 dinners for "free" that we would have already paid for. Probably refunded back as refundable OBC.  Makes my head explode just thinking about it.

• Thanks 1

My PVP upgraded my Premier to the new Premier.  I was able to book all of the additional specialty restaurant reservations with the exception of two nights for Sabatini’s.  I spoke to a rep from Princess who told me to book those two nights once we’re onboard.  She thought there may be special events planned for those nights.  Don’t know if that is true.  I plan to check once in a while - our trip is in November.

2 hours ago, cruisinsince75 said:

I got the same thing.  Did chat the following day and voila!  Got upgraded.  Keep trying!

How did they bill you? Credit card on chat?

40 minutes ago, dog said:

How did they bill you? Credit card on chat?

in my case, as soon as the chat was over and I was upgraded,  i received a charge on my cruise personalizer that said "balance owing". I paid by cc on file and was immediately able to book restaurants at no charge. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, grimace95120 said:

in my case, as soon as the chat was over and I was upgraded,  i received a charge on my cruise personalizer that said "balance owing". I paid by cc on file and was immediately able to book restaurants at no charge. 

Same here!

It took 37 minutes in the phone with Princess for me to get it done. They first had no idea what I was talking about then after a very long hold came back and said no they can’t upgrade me until Sept when it goes into effect on Discovery. I said no try again then another super long hold and they came back and did it.

It was reflected immediately in the app and I was able to make reservations with no charges right away. She told me my refund for previously booked reservations wouldn’t happen until I board but lo and behold today I received a credit to my card for those, so I’m in business! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Auntiejo said:

It took 37 minutes in the phone with Princess for me to get it done. They first had no idea what I was talking about then after a very long hold came back and said no they can’t upgrade me until Sept when it goes into effect on Discovery. I said no try again then another super long hold and they came back and did it.

It was reflected immediately in the app and I was able to make reservations with no charges right away. She told me my refund for previously booked reservations wouldn’t happen until I board but lo and behold today I received a credit to my card for those, so I’m in business! 

I actually feel really bad for the front line staff. They have not been give the adequate, correct information to do their jobs properly. Changes like this take months from idea stage then to planning and finally rollout. You would think (hope) that in all that time leading up to , prior to making a press release and stirring up excitement, the corporate leadership would prepare the team .

The common theme in this process is people have to keep trying until they find the one representative who somehow knows more than their colleagues and can make the correct call. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Auntiejo said:

Can I ask please when you did this and how long it took to get your cc refunded?

1 hour ago, canadarocks said:

Can I ask please when you did this and how long it took to get your cc refunded?

I called Monday, 8/19 and the credit showed up today, Thursday, 8/22. Again they told me I’d have to wait til onboard and I would have a credit to my onboard account. So I was surprised when I saw the credit today.

For the record, I’m super happy because every time they give me a credit to my onboard account, I leave the ship with a negative account (we don’t ever spend money onboard due to packages and booking everything in advance) that never shows up on my card and I have to call multiple times post cruise to fight for the money and it takes like 2 months and they finally mail me a check. Now I don’t have to do that this time! Yay me!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grimace95120 said:

I actually feel really bad for the front line staff. They have not been give the adequate, correct information to do their jobs properly. Changes like this take months from idea stage then to planning and finally rollout. You would think (hope) that in all that time leading up to , prior to making a press release and stirring up excitement, the corporate leadership would prepare the team .

The common theme in this process is people have to keep trying until they find the one representative who somehow knows more than their colleagues and can make the correct call. 

You are absolutely right! The person on the phone actually asked me where I heard about the package upgrade. She had zero idea about any of it. Certainly not her fault!

Posted (edited)

For the UK people, I have just upgraded online thru the chat and it only cost me an extra £5 per day, which was cheaper than I was expecting. Its for 28th Oct on Sky but its only 5 nights so not sure if that made a difference.

It only took 5 minutes, I asked to upgrade and they said certainly and then sent me a new email and I just logged on to cruise personalizer to pay. 

Edit, also managed to book specialty dining for every night now on top of my previous two bookings with no extra charges (as expected). Well worth it for an extra £25

Edited by defbref
  • Like 1

Well my Sun booking is a mess, but I was able to get my Star suite changed to include the new premier bundle by cancelling and rebooking. Even cost less this way.

• Like 1

I keep checking via the app and the web version to book my second SD following my "chat" earlier this week where she told me it would be fixed within 24 hours.  Still trying to charge me.  But, today it is showing the charge for Sabitinis at $45.00 pp.  Earlier this week it was $35.00.  Has anyone else seen this "error".