Does Utopia do theme nights?

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Most theme nights are ignored. I would imagine that'd be the case more so on the short cruises.

That has not been my experience. I would say the majority of passengers don’t participate in theme nights (I fall in this category), but there are always a significant number of people who dress up for white night, 70s night, etc. on cruises I have been on. 

On the 4 night Liberty we  just did many people dressed up for White night and  Tropical Night. I was just curious as to what Utopia did, as apparently there is no Formal or Dress Your best night.    

25 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That has not been my experience. I would say the majority of passengers don’t participate in theme nights (I fall in this category), but there are always a significant number of people who dress up for white night, 70s night, etc. on cruises I have been on. 

I can always count on two hands how many people I see doing any theme night other than formal or Caribbean.

14 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Most theme nights are ignored. I would imagine that'd be the case more so on the short cruises.

I was just recently on a 3 night Utopia sailing and could tell you that if there were themed nights you would never have known it.

49 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I was just recently on a 3 night Utopia sailing and could tell you that if there were themed nights you would never have known it.

In my experience, the theme nights are still there, it's just that fewer people are participating - so few, in some cases, that you would not know it happens.

Not only does Utopia have theme nights, but they also have "party ambassadors" to help people participate in each.

I am onboard now (in the middle of a B4B) and the 4-night and the 3-night cruise will be wildly different in terms of energy and participation. 

On the 4-night most of the main events start at midnight and wind down around 2:30 AM.

Night 1 - Let's get this party started and one hit wonder dance party (no color theme)

Night 2 - RED nightclub experience (RED is the color of the night)

Night 3 - Pool plunge party in afternoon, Rezolution dance party (WHITE is the color of the night)

Night 4 - TOGA party (the ambassadors will help you dress with sheets) and Royal Kappa Chi (think a kegger party)

On the 3-night be prepared for drink as soon as you can, as much as you can. The bands start later on day 1 in all the venues and the late-night affairs start around 12:30 or 1 AM and run to 3 in the Attic and Sudio B We got in last night at 3 AM to the room, up bright and early at Noon...

They repeat the same party themes as above however there clearly is a bunch of repeat passengers that climb on for the weekend (which is amazing as the current cruise is only #14 since they launched). These folks set the tone for the weekend with lots of sparkly wear every night and they know the routine and where to be...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1