Symphony of the Seas cruise no longer listed

Hi, I’m booked on Symphony of the Seas for a September 8th cruise (2024). As of yesterday the cruise for that date no longer shows up on any web site. My reservations still show on Royal’s web site, but the cruise is no longer listed. As of last Thursday there were plenty of cabins still available. Anyone know of reason why the cruise for that particular date has disappeared? If it did for some reason sell out overnight the cruise still usually shows up on various web sites, but listed as sold out.  This cruise has vanished.  Any one have an explanation? Thanks in advance

31 minutes ago, Signet said:

Hi, I’m booked on Symphony of the Seas for a September 8th cruise (2024). As of yesterday the cruise for that date no longer shows up on any web site. My reservations still show on Royal’s web site, but the cruise is no longer listed. As of last Thursday there were plenty of cabins still available. Anyone know of reason why the cruise for that particular date has disappeared? If it did for some reason sell out overnight the cruise still usually shows up on various web sites, but listed as sold out.  This cruise has vanished.  Any one have an explanation? Thanks in advance

That close in I'd say sold out. Gtys could have been assigned. I pulled it up and says 800 people booked that itinerary in the past whatever days. 

20240817_082820.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes I saw that as well. On other web sites if a cruise is sold out it usually say sold out in the different cabin categories.  I do not know, I just thought it was strange the cruise date just entirely disappeared from web sites. But my reservation still shows so I guess it really does not matter all that much. I have just never seen a cruise date disappear from being listed unless the cruise was canceled.   

Edited by Signet

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Signet said:

Yes I saw that as well. On other web sites if a cruise is sold out it usually say sold out in the different cabin categories.  I do not know, I just thought it was strange the cruise date just entirely disappeared from web sites. But my reservation still shows so I guess it really does not matter all that much. I have just never seen a cruise date disappear from being listed unless the cruise was canceled.   

That is a bit unusual as you mention, if it is sold out it typically would still be shown but with "N/A", "waitlisted", or "closed" shown in the unavailable stateroom categories.  If there was a change to the itinerary or sailing date altogether, you would be notified by email describing the changes.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

That close in I'd say sold out. Gtys could have been assigned. I pulled it up and says 800 people booked that itinerary in the past whatever days. 

20240817_082820.jpg

That number is for the itinerary, not a specific sail date.

18 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

That number is for the itinerary, not a specific sail date.

Did I say it was for a specific sail date? Nope. But thanks for reiterating my point that 800 booked that same itinerary in the last 3 days. I still think its sold out this close to leaving. To me 800 is still a lot of bookings. People post like that are correcting rather than realizing they said the same thing. We agree. I said the same thing.

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

To me 800 is still a lot of bookings.

Note that there are currently 30 dates available to book for that itinerary, so 800 bookings across 30 sailings is only an average of 26 per sailing.  Not arguing, just clarifying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I kind of thought it was sold out, it’s just that there were lots of rooms still showing on Thursday, but on Friday that date disappeared from web sites, I did find one web site that still showed a sailing for the 8th. But when I tried to do a mock booking a message came up and said there was an error, please call, which of course I did not do.   Which also most likely means my Royal up bid will be rejected.  I really was not expecting to win anyway because I just bid the minimum plus 10 bucks.  It’s all good, I’ll be cruising in a couple weeks, no complaints here 👍

Edited by Signet

16 minutes ago, IDidItAgain said:

This happened on our last 2 cruises. They’re just finalising details. Nothing to worry about. 

This is typical when you are within a few weeks of the sailing date.  If all categories show closed the ship at that point likely is sold out.

We are also on this cruise ... First time I've ever seen this happen. I've been watching cabins as well, hoping for a royal up win. It is a bit unnerving to see the date disappear. Looking forward to Sept 8th (with a full ship) lol

13 hours ago, Signet said:

Are you looking to book more cabins on the sailing? You can probably call and find out if anything is available but the chances of getting rooms close together are slim. Or are you just looking to change the location of your current cabin?

1 hour ago, Royal Fun said:

We are also on this cruise ... First time I've ever seen this happen. I've been watching cabins as well, hoping for a royal up win. It is a bit unnerving to see the date disappear. Looking forward to Sept 8th (with a full ship) lol

Cabin availability usually has nothing to do with Royal Up wins. I’ve seen people win with no apparent available cabins and not win when there are plenty. It’s all a mysterious algorithm that no one can predict lol. Like secret sauce and big foot. 

I think they usually take a cruise out of inventory when they are going to assign the guarantee's. That might be what happened.  Watch for it to show up again after the weekend.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I think they usually take a cruise out of inventory when they are going to assign the guarantee's. That might be what happened.  Watch for it to show up again after the weekend.

I didn’t think they did cabin assignments and other business work on weekends.

ETA: Except sales and customer service calls of course.

Edited by vjmatty
ETA

14 hours ago, Signet said:

Aug 25, 1 and 8th are all sold out.  They are still listed on cruising power (Royals site for travel agents)  nothing out of the ordinary. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the Sept. 1 sailing and I noticed the same thing. We also picked up on a gauretee junior suite so I kept checking. Then we did a Royal up and this morning we got the Royal Up.

On 8/17/2024 at 7:56 AM, Signet said:

Sept. 8 is showing on my laptop as available. Sept. 22 has disappeared though..