P&O Arvia - jewellery shopping

Just wondering if anyone on the Arvia currently knows if Effy brand jewellery is being sold on board?  I am looking into buying a piece of jewellery and was wondering if it possibly was being sold on the Arvia as I know that they sell it on Rotal Caribbean ships.  I am going on it in september. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, foxylady99 said:

Just wondering if anyone on the Arvia currently knows if Effy brand jewellery is being sold on board?  I am looking into buying a piece of jewellery and was wondering if it possibly was being sold on the Arvia as I know that they sell it on Rotal Caribbean ships.  I am going on it in september. Thank you.

Hello @foxylady99

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask s Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry was off topic there since it concerns a specific cruise line ship. Your new thread has been moved to the P&O Cruises (UK) forum where it will be on topicBrowse through the thread titles in this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

I am not aware of Effy being for sale on ay P&O ship, but it is available on Celebrity and Princess. Yiu can alos buy it online. I think P&O use a company in Bristol? Hardings I think? for gold and gemstone  jewllery.

Tbh you are better off with Pandora which P & O do sell. The only Effy items I have purchased have been rubbish afterwards. For example the backs keep coming of the back of earrings. I have nearly lost 2 now, fortunately I felt them dropping out both times. 

My husband bought me a pearl necklace from Effy on a Princess cruise.  Second time of wearing it, it fell apart.  I live in the U.K. so trying to get it fixed in the USA was a problem.  Ended up taking it too Samual to be restringed (they did a lovely job).  Be aware if you have a problem and live in the U.K. it won’t be easy to repair.

I purchased a watch onboard and had a very minor problem with the watch after the cruise. Phoned Harding Brothers in Bristol who are responsible for all the ships and the service was not only quick but exemplary and the problem sorted. Would not hesitate purchasing an item again but recommend that you keep the receipt that they give you in the shop.

Posted (edited)

Mum and dad bought me a shirt for Xmas. When I tried it on a month of so after it wouldn't fit. They got in touch with Harding and refund was processed within the week.

Edited by carlanthony24

We sent my ring back to Hardings for resizing, very impressed with the service.  They sent us special bags, including postage   and insurance.

As an aside,  don't do what   OH did.  He bought me a diamond ring for a big 0 birthday.  He paid with a card.   It went through the shop machine ok but then came the embarrassing phone call from the Pursers Office.  He had forgotten he had  used the card brought just for onboard holiday expenses and of course there was a hold  on  that.  He was so embarrassed and guilty as it was my present.

P and O were absolutely fine about it.  we signed a couple of forms and sorted it the minute we got home.

He wont make that mistake again☺️😀