Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

9 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

So how do you know when everything is open? I’ve yet to see the zipline running when we’ve walked by. One of the water slides was closed yesterday. The mini golf is closed today. I feel like every time we go to do something it’s closed…but I have no way of knowing when it opens…

Most activities are not open while you are in port. The APP or cruise compass should show the hours that different activities are open everyday. 

6 minutes ago, MrsMuffin said:

Did you see if they were doing massages somewhere there in the port at Costa Maya?  We aren't really planning on doing anything there, other than maybe wandering around the port a little. I know that there are plenty of options for a massage if you go to the malecon, but I would love to be able to get one right there in the port.  

Hopefully @ceilidh1 can get the name for you but there is a place in the port that does massages. They have a little pool or beach area too if I recall. I think it is some kind of bathhouse or mediation place. I just can't remember the name of it. I know Royal sells excursions for it.

• Like 2

Just now, MrsMuffin said:

Did you see if they were doing massages somewhere there in the port at Costa Maya?  We aren't really planning on doing anything there, other than maybe wandering around the port a little. I know that there are plenty of options for a massage if you go to the malecon, but I would love to be able to get one right there in the port.  

There are definitely some spa places there at the port! Everything is pretty expensive in that area, though.

• Like 1

Just now, Denversail said:

Hopefully @ceilidh1 can get the name for you but there is a place in the port that does massages. They have a little pool or beach area too if I recall. I think it is some kind of bathhouse or mediation place. I just can't remember the name of it. I know Royal sells excursions for it.

I think it’s the Mayan Healing Ritual excursion but there is also just a spa upstairs if you didn’t want to do the whole thing.

• Like 3

We came back and rounded up DS for lunch, which we had at Windjammer. It was decent (I’m so not a buffet person). Then we went to play mini golf…but it was closed . We opted for ping pong but didn’t last long is this humidity!

IMG_5427.jpeg

IMG_5428.jpeg

IMG_5429.jpeg

IMG_5430.jpeg

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Denversail said:

19 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

There are definitely some spa places there at the port! Everything is pretty expensive in that area, though.

Thank you both!

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Why do all the hot tubs on this ship look like this? I know it’s not actually dirt, but it still puts me off wanting to get in! This is the one in the Solarium but they all have that same brown nastiness…

IMG_5252.jpeg

That looks gross, would not entice me either. Sounds like a fantastic trip with the kiddos.

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

So how do you know when everything is open? I’ve yet to see the zipline running when we’ve walked by. One of the water slides was closed yesterday. The mini golf is closed today. I feel like every time we go to do something it’s closed…but I have no way of knowing when it opens…

Have you been using the app at all? While there are generally signs posted near the various  activities, the app is better for "one stop shopping." Swipe to the right and choose activities. You'll find most of what you're looking for under "Venues." For example, here are the Zipline hours for your sailing:

image.thumb.jpeg.2b4e4b7eb8436be9271fe43793132234.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

We came back and rounded up DS for lunch, which we had at Windjammer. It was decent (I’m so not a buffet person). Then we went to play mini golf…but it was closed . We opted for ping pong but didn’t last long is this humidity!

IMG_5427.jpeg

IMG_5428.jpeg

IMG_5429.jpeg

IMG_5430.jpeg

Why would they close mini golf? Is there something special you have to do to get a club to play? Being in port really isn't a reason for mini golf to be closed. Other spots that require crew to man them, I get. But why mini golf, it doesn't makes sense to me. No crew needed for that.

• Like 5

Have never seen any of the mini-golfs closed. Normally, putters, balls and scorecards are in a bin by hole 1 or somewhere in the general area. Pencils are a premium though. The cruise compass  will should say Royal Dunes open 24 hours.

BTW: Great Review...enjoying it thoroughly.

Edited by tvnewsengineer
  • Like 2

Just now, LisaLisa87 said:

Have you been using the app at all? While there are generally signs posted near the various  activities, the app is better for "one stop shopping." Swipe to the right and choose activities. You'll find most of what you're looking for under "Venues." For example, here are the Zipline hours for your sailing:

image.thumb.jpeg.2b4e4b7eb8436be9271fe43793132234.jpeg

Thank you!!! I’ve been using the app but just the calendar portion! I didn’t know about this other part. I found mini golf…

IMG_5434.png

• Like 7

So we haven’t used the cups in the freestyle machines until today. When we tried, we got a message “you’re going to need a different cup”…, what does that mean?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

So we haven’t used the cups in the freestyle machines until today. When we tried, we got a message “you’re going to need a different cup”…, what does that mean?

Your cup doesnt seem programmed for the right date, you might have to trade it for another. 

• Like 1

It means there is something wrong with the chip that the machine reads, you need to exchange it for a different cup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

On boarding day, there should have been a card in your cabin with a QR code to see the cruise compass in digital format.  Scanning the QR code should bring up the compass in pdf format.  It refreshes each day for the current day’s compass.  If you can’t find the card, try this. 

https://minio.rccl.com/compass/cruisecompass.pdf

It only works while you are onboard.  I always save a copy to my files so I have it. 

• Like 2

Crisis averted. Got the cup changed and now it works. Got another blue drink - Sea &T. This one is really good!

oh, and the stout espresso martini!

IMG_5437.jpeg

IMG_5438.jpeg

IMG_5436.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

So here is something weird. DS loves virgin mudslides. Every bar I’ve asked at on this ship says they can’t make them. I found that odd. Today I asked at the pool bar and asked why. They said they didn’t have cream. But they could make a regular mudslide. Just not a virgin one. I’m no bartender, so maybe it’s legit. But why?

• Like 1

So here is something weird. DS loves virgin mudslides. Every bar I’ve asked at on this ship says they can’t make them. I found that odd. Today I asked at the pool bar and asked why. They said they didn’t have cream. But they could make a regular mudslide. Just not a virgin one. I’m no bartender, so maybe it’s legit. But why?

We had that issue on one of our past cruises.  It was explained (I think) that the Kahlua(?) is a necessary ingredient to make the mudslide, but if it's included, it's not NA. Something like that.

• Like 1