Panorama Transpacific 08/22/24 - 09/10/24 - Live-ish 'cause that's how I roll

I'm glad people enjoyed what I was able to post at the end there. I got home, took a shower, and then fell asleep for a little over 24 hours. Not straight, I did get up to take my morning meds and get some water, but it did not take long to get right back to sleep after waking up. I finally got up at about 6:30pm on Sunday because I knew if I didn't I would wake up around 2 or 3am on Monday and not be able to get to sleep again when I have to work. By staying up for a couple of hours and eating something I did get back to sleep around my normal bedtime and then woke up a little before 5am and just got up at 6 to start work since I was working from home on Monday and today. 

I'll be posting some more of pics and reels to my Instagram as I have time so if you want to see more I'm Goddessocoffee over there.

• Like 10

On 9/14/2024 at 4:20 PM, nwcruiselover said:

I loved your pictures of your business or first class seat.  It looks luxurious!  Thanks for all the pictures and commentary.  I’m leaving in just over 3 weeks to go to Singapore to bring the Panorama back to Long Beach.

Have fun and if you're at Alchemy tell the gang I said "Hi!". There were quite a few people on our cruise that were taking the ship back and I envy them.

Edited by CoffeeGoddess
  • Like 2

On 9/15/2024 at 3:25 AM, pe4all said:

We do the same.  Especially on cruise ships.  Don't want to bring home any "souvenirs."  Great review and pictures.  Enjoy the first sleep back in your bed.

I also was wearing one whenever we needed to que in the ship. I also tried to make sure I wore them whenever I was in a larger group inside like in the theater. I could hear a lot of people with that thick cough near the end of the cruise and I did not want to catch that or the typical cruise crud I get after cruising. I also made sure to the latest Covid vaccine before I left for this trip (and now need to get the one that just came out) and if they had flu shots I would have gotten one of those. Seems to have worked because I did not catch anything and only had to deal with being tired.

• Like 3

One last thing, I did an experiment on this cruise that is going to change how I normally do things.

Usually, my feet will start swelling around the fourth or fifth day of a normal 7 day and I bring compression socks now to help with that. I usually drink both bottled water and the ship water and think nothing of it but this time with the drink package costing so much I decided I was going to only drink bottled water. Which I did except for what was in my coffees and a glass in my cabin when I forgot to grab a water before turning in. My feet only swelled just a little around the 8th day and I wore my compression socks for that day and elevated my feet that evening when sleeping. The rest of the time I was fine and only had swelling again when I was in Japan.

Based on this I'm going to stick to bottled water for my cruises from now on and see if that does indeed help with the swelling in my ankles and feet.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, CoffeeGoddess said:

One last thing, I did an experiment on this cruise that is going to change how I normally do things.

Usually, my feet will start swelling around the fourth or fifth day of a normal 7 day and I bring compression socks now to help with that. I usually drink both bottled water and the ship water and think nothing of it but this time with the drink package costing so much I decided I was going to only drink bottled water. Which I did except for what was in my coffees and a glass in my cabin when I forgot to grab a water before turning in. My feet only swelled just a little around the 8th day and I wore my compression socks for that day and elevated my feet that evening when sleeping. The rest of the time I was fine and only had swelling again when I was in Japan.

Based on this I'm going to stick to bottled water for my cruises from now on and see if that does indeed help with the swelling in my ankles and feet.   

Interesting thoughts…

19 hours ago, CoffeeGoddess said:

I agree with you about drinking bottled water to prevent the feet swelling.  People will say that the desalinated water on board is fine but not for me either. Once I changed to bottled water on board no more swelling.  

1 hour ago, maryann2 said:

I agree with you about drinking bottled water to prevent the feet swelling.  People will say that the desalinated water on board is fine but not for me either. Once I changed to bottled water on board no more swelling.  

This is very interesting...As an experiment I shall ask the crew how much bottled vs tap water they drink and how much swelling the experience in their feet and ankles.