Live From Crystal Serenity - The Adventure Continues - LA to NYC

ryndam

9 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Thank you! You may read between the lines (or not), but you just may find us with a Piggly Wiggly bag of beets on the gangway in FTL with you in early November. If our driver can find the Serenity with 8-count-em ships in FTL on November 8…

Stay tuned….😁

Rob & Jim

So you’ll be on the Nov 8 to Barbados? BtoB? Hope to meet you both. 

5 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Thank you, Nancy. We’re just excited that the weather on this cruise, during high hurricane season was near weather perfect. And Houston was spared Francine! (Beryl & the tornado were enough this year!)

Rob

You’re welcome.  Glad you had good weather.  You actually missed about a week of decent weather here.  Summer is back now but not awful. Thank god we were spared from Francine….beryl was more than I could handle!

safe travels back

Adding to the thanks for your posts.  We learned a lot about our upcoming experience on Serenity and had a great time doing it--love your humor and good cheer!  Kudos for all the beautiful photos and for the work in posting the menus and Reflections.  We hope our paths will cross one day.

Many thanks,

Final Reflections (for us) attached. Tomorrow’s menus not posted. I hand the reins to the next set of travelers onward to Quebec.

Approximate pax count per cruise director: 400 pax leaving the ship in NYC tomorrow. 100 pax staying on to Quebec. The series of Canadian cruises through early November are expected virtually full ship w/700 guests +/- until the ship returns to FTL on November 8.

There may be some final pics tomorrow until we dock, if I get up early enough.

Rob

C3F07357-6A17-4D76-8F1F-8E6E1DEBBD3A.pdf

• Thanks 6

Many thanks for your informative and entertaining posts throughout the cruise.  I have friends who have been on the Serenity since Vancouver, and will be remaining onboard through to Quebec, so it’s been fun to keep abreast of life onboard since you boarded back in LA… Have a safe journey home, I’ll be looking forward to following your next Crystal adventure…😀

Anne..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have arrived. Parting views below. We’re staying in NYC for a few days, but this is Cruise Critic, not the NYC tourism chat room, so until next time, thanks for following along. 😁😁

Rob & Jim

IMG_1161.jpeg

IMG_1164.jpeg

IMG_1165.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 9

Dear Rob and Jim,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I feel like an honorary Houstonian, when I hit the Like button along with Texas Tillie and NancyGP. I think I met you all on voyage 8218 (iirc), on a somewhat similar journey. I can close my eyes and see all five of you, as though I were right there again. I guess I have to thank Cruise Critic, too.

—May B Muriel

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hoping someone will step up to the challenge of keeping the live posts from Serenity alive!  (I'll plan to post "live-ish" when we sailaway from NYC in 17 days.)

• Like 3

I was not awake during the sail-in on Saturday. But these views from the Staten Island ferry are probably better than the dark-o-clock pics would have been Saturday. Beautiful late summer weather in NYC!

Rob

IMG_1401.jpeg

IMG_1392.jpeg

IMG_1383.jpeg

• Like 12