Le Grand Bistro on Beyond

norahs-lot

Currently looking at booking dining for our first Celebrity cruise next March. I am aware that Le Grand Bistro doubles as Le Petit Chef and have already booked that for one evening. Today I see that Le Grand Bistro is available to book for several evenings during our cruise and the booking cost is £0...! Does anyone know if this is a special offer at no charge or if I book can I expect to be charged on the evening in question? 

I have been trying to find out Le Grand Bistro hours on Beyond as well.  On several other ships that have Le Grand Bistro they only serve lunch on sea days.  I did see a 5% discount listed for our 11/9 cruise and it showed only evening times available.  Since it is a la carte with a $30 allowance at lunch I was curious how you get the 5% discount and are there both lunch and dinner times available.  I am calling Cruise Enhancement today to see if I can get an answer as the rep at customer service had no idea.  Will let you know what I find out.

• Like 1

I tried to speak to two reps at Cruise Enhancement and both times I got disconnected. The last time I did speak with someone he told me that they have at Le Grand Bistro dinner(Days 1, 5 and 6 which you can make online) and lunch still(but cannot reserve - must do onboard).  It seems like Le Grand Bistro and Le Petit Chef both now have dinner in the same location still but on different nights. Maybe Le Petit Chef was not that popular for every night.

Regarding the 5% discount offered online which would be $1.50 which would come off the allowance of $30 for Le Bistro, I guess, the rep had no idea what that was.  Honestly for $1.50 not worth the effort.

I will go for lunch at Le Bistro and enjoy it. I do find that the phone reps are not able to obtain information readily if it is something not written down(and which we could read ourselves anyway).If I find something out while on the cruise I will let you know.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.  

• Like 1

Le Petit Chef does not seem as popular on E class ships as on S and M.  Possibly because there are more specialty restaurants and also open nature of the restaurant.  The location results in  noise from the Grand Plaza and Martini bar.  Fine Cut Steakhouse has the same noise issue but unlike LPC their guests are not trying to listen to the sound track for the animation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dazey said:

On several other ships that have Le Grand Bistro they only serve lunch on sea days. 

That would be disappointing. I enjoy their daily lunch specials. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your responses... it does look like LPC is offered 6 nights on my 10 night cruise and Bistro menu for the other evenings. I was just intrigued as to why no charge shows if booking LGB through manage My Celebrity Cruise.

You will see no charge when making a reservation for Bistro in the evening as it is an a la carte and they give you a $30 allowance(so I am told). I know when you make a reservation through specialty dining for Raw on Five you are given $50 for dinner and anything more than that you pay for.  I know when we have had lunch in Grand Bistro we paid a certain amount and ate what we wanted with no additional charge; however, that was just by going there and paying for lunch.

It may be that with Bistro serving dinner as well as lunch this procedure is different.  We have found that using a specialty dining selection at Raw on Five(i.e. 1 of 3 meals available) we sometimes do not exceed the allowance and it was not a cost-effective choice.

There needs to be more clarification and obviously the phone reps do not have it yet.

• Like 1

In my cruise planner for Beyond in March,  Le Grand and Le Petit have opposite nights to reserve.  Is there a place to find the Le Grand menu for the evening?  This set up is new to me on E-Class ships... Thanks.

20 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

In my cruise planner for Beyond in March,  Le Grand and Le Petit have opposite nights to reserve.  Is there a place to find the Le Grand menu for the evening?  This set up is new to me on E-Class ships... Thanks.

This is what I'm seeing too ( sailing next March also ) however no link for an evening menu, that's if there is a separate one from the lunch menu...