Pirate’s LIVE on the Seashore! 9/1/24 thru 9/8/24

pirate4me2

19 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

We have the butler bring it in the morning so it doesn't tempt us all night in the room. 🙂

That works! Also doesn't hurt to be be prepared. That, and I'm at that age where i often get up in the middle of the night!😉

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, loge23 said:

Pirate4me2: Love these Live Reports on CC and yours is five-star worthy!

My wife loves those Nespresso machines also and now wants to replace our usual machine with one. I think she's looking forward to our SeaShore cruise on 10/27 in the YC so she can use it some more - it's our usual wake-up treat!

Thank you for taking the time to share your trip - much appreciated!

Have you guys made it to the Brooklyn Cafe? I think that may be called The Loft on the SeaScape. Looking forward to live jazz!

We are on the Seashore 10/27 also in YC!

• Like 3

On 9/2/2024 at 8:51 AM, pirate4me2 said:

What WA cruise next November? We are on the week of our anniversary, the 11, in YC. 🙂 

they definitely don’t skimp on the water in the room, which is great!! Chris is stunned by the service. 

I was suprised that we didn’t wait in line at all for parking! Ok…that’s a lie. We waited behind 3 cars at the area to pay. But otherwise, no wait at all! 

Thanks for coming along! 

We are on that week too! Nov 8-Nov 15, 2025. Also YC! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hapytobehr said:

We are on the Seashore 10/27 also in YC!

You’re gonna love it!

2 hours ago, rrraydon said:

We are on that week too! Nov 8-Nov 15, 2025. Also YC! 

Whoo hoo! See you onboard! I’ll be the one with the crazy sunglasses 😎 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I woke up at 7:45 this morning, and we decided to just get dressed for the day and skip breakfast onboard. After all, tacos and guacamole are acceptable to eat before noon in Mexico, right?

We headed off the ship and wandered a few shops looking for a Cozumel koozie for Chris and Mexican vanilla for my grandma. I had gotten her this clear vanilla a few trips back that was AMAZING and she’s almost out…but i

could not find the same kind this go-round. I ended up buying two other kinds, hopefully they are the real deal and not just water. We will find out next week! 

We hopped in a cab to head to Paradise Beach about 9:30. It was $20 for the two of us, and our driver was super nice. We got to Paradise and it wasn’t crowded at all yet. Roger and Martin set us up by the pool in a shady spot and took good care of us all day. The rum punch was good, and as soon as I’d run out another was waiting. The guacamole was delicious, salsa nice and spicy, and when we ordered lunch I got the shrimp tacos and the Mahi tacos. Both were good, the shrimp definitely spicy, but the Mahi was the true star. Soooooo good!! 

IMG_3574.jpeg

IMG_3576.jpeg

IMG_3577.jpeg

IMG_3578.jpeg

IMG_3579.jpeg

IMG_3580.jpeg

• Like 9

We stayed until about 1:30, then decided we didn’t want to reapply sunscreen again so we better leave. It was also clouding up a bit. We tipped the servers and got in a cab, and just as we got onto the pier the skies opened up. I told Chris to just keep walking, we were still wet from the pool anyway. We got

onboard and went to shower, and the drinks had us craving some pizza so we ordered that. Y’all, it’s no competition, MSC’s pizza really is the best! 

After our bellies were full, you guessed it…nap time!  We dozed until 4:15, when Seashore blew her horn. I really wanted to go watch for pier runners, but I didn’t have the ambition. We did finally get up to dress for dinner and come to Topsail at 5, and I’m now sipping an iced tea…I need a break from the alcohol after those rum punches today! 

IMG_3583.jpeg

IMG_3597.png

IMG_3598.png

• Like 3

Dinner tonight was a win. The assorted Chinese dumplings were good, and the butter chicken was awesome. So tender and flavorful! I finished it off with the blue cheese, which never disappoints! Chris got the duo chocolate cake, he said it was super rich but good. 

Now we are in Topsail enjoying some drinks. I asked for an unsweet iced tea, and Jayesh made me this. It’s beautiful and yummy!

IMG_3600.jpeg

IMG_3601.jpeg

IMG_3603.jpeg

IMG_3602.jpeg

IMG_3604.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Todays activities…

I have been meaning to ask -- Do they still provide the printed version of daily activities the evening before?  We usually like looking at them before going to bed to see if there is anything we absolutely do not want to miss the next day. 

Quick question if you do not mind -- is there a list of drinks available for the mini-bar.  Last time we did not really bother with it but 90% of the items it was pre-stocked with we did not care for but could not figure out what to request beyond water and diet Coco-Cola.  Would be nice if I knew what I could ask the Butler/assistant butler to stock it with. 

33 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I have been meaning to ask -- Do they still provide the printed version of daily activities the evening before?  We usually like looking at them before going to bed to see if there is anything we absolutely do not want to miss the next day. 

Our butler made a point to tell us that this ship is eco friendly and absolutely no paper copies of the daily activities. You can either use the app (as I am) or the wifi login page has a link to them each day. 

26 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Quick question if you do not mind -- is there a list of drinks available for the mini-bar.  Last time we did not really bother with it but 90% of the items it was pre-stocked with we did not care for but could not figure out what to request beyond water and diet Coco-Cola.  Would be nice if I knew what I could ask the Butler/assistant butler to stock it with. 

our butler asked what kind of drinks we would like in the mini bar. He said beer (told us what kind’s available, Chris chose Miller), soda (coke products), water (still or sparkling) and juices. We told him to just do beer & water, and he accommodated. 

• Like 3

How is it my last day onboard already??? 

I slept in until 9:30 this morning, then did a little packing. Once Chris was up and functioning thanks to the Nespresso machine, we decided to head to brunch in “gen pop.”

I was pleasantly surprised at brunch. We arrived at 10:15, and if we had done that on a Carnival cruise it would probably have been a 45 minute wait. Here there was NO wait! We were sat at a table for 2, and orders quickly taken. The food came out fast, and the perfect temperature. Both of us decided on the burger, which was HUGE, but cooked perfectly. We honestly could have shared a burger, neither of us ate more than half! 

IMG_3627.jpeg

IMG_3629.jpeg

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Time for high tea in the YC. I sure hope they have the yummy cucumber sandwiches again!

I loved high tea. My husband not so much. I know my friend cruising with us the end of September will also love it. The guys may have to find something else to do.

The brunch menu looked great!  Your blue cheese dessert looked wonderful too.  We enjoyed the food on MSC the one time we sailed with them and it doesn't look as if it has declined post Covid. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Our butler made a point to tell us that this ship is eco friendly and absolutely no paper copies of the daily activities.

Noted.  I have no problem with that, was just curious. 

18 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

our butler asked what kind of drinks we would like in the mini bar. He said beer (told us what kind’s available, Chris chose Miller), soda (coke products), water (still or sparkling) and juices. We told him to just do beer & water, and he accommodated. 

We'll be asking for water, diet coke, sprite, apple juice and orange juice.  I think that is all we will be needing.  

Thank you for answering these. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mommapadraig said:

I loved high tea. My husband not so much. I know my friend cruising with us the end of September will also love it. The guys may have to find something else to do.

Surprisingly, DH seemed to enjoy tea time! He sure put away some desserts, and even drank mint tea! I think he may go back next November with me! 

2 hours ago, edspec said:

The brunch menu looked great!  Your blue cheese dessert looked wonderful too.  We enjoyed the food on MSC the one time we sailed with them and it doesn't look as if it has declined post Covid. 

the food quality, in my opinion, has been excellent. As good as last August for sure! 

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Noted.  I have no problem with that, was just curious. 

We'll be asking for water, diet coke, sprite, apple juice and orange juice.  I think that is all we will be needing.  

Thank you for answering these. 

you’re welcome!! 

• Like 1

Alas, we have reached the dreaded disembarkation day. 

Thank you so much for your excellent Live Cruise Report! We enjoyed the ride!

Best wishes for a safe trip home and many happy days ahead!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, loge23 said:

Alas, we have reached the dreaded disembarkation day. 

Thank you so much for your excellent Live Cruise Report! We enjoyed the ride!

Best wishes for a safe trip home and many happy days ahead!

Thank you!!

We attended high tea at 3:30 in the YC lounge, it was nice. They had cucumber sandwiches, a salmon type sandwich, a ham one, chicken or tuna salad I’m not sure which, biscuits, and other treats. They also of course had an assortment of teas, and it was a great event!

Afterwards we went to the pool deck for a drink or two, last dip in the pool, and then headed to change for dinner around 7. We sat down, but honestly, other then the caprese, nothing really appealed to me and Chris…so we ditched it and headed to the room to order pizza! 

We are now mostly packed up, and tomorrow is eviction day…i mean, disembarkation day. I’ll be sad to no longer be pampered, but happy to see the furball. 

I’ll let yall know how disembarkation goes!

IMG_3642.jpeg

IMG_3643.jpeg

IMG_3644.jpeg

IMG_3645.jpeg

IMG_3646.jpeg

IMG_3647.jpeg

• Like 6