Semi-Live: Venezia Labor Day Cruise 8/31-9/7

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

TravelE was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Welcome,

This is my first semi-live so set your expectations accordingly! This will be my 24th cruise and 22nd Carnival Cruise. The other cruises were Royal Caribbean, my very first cruise, and Holland America, an Alaskan cruise this past May. 

I am cruising with DH, and this is our 2nd time on the Venezia. We were on the 15 night Transatlantic, Inaugural sailing last May from Barcelona to New York. We thought the ship was amazing and are excited to be sailing her again.

image.thumb.jpeg.f39684267765578f735c1ef0340430bf.jpeg

Venezia in the Halifax Harbor taken from Georges Island

This will be my 2nd time in Bermuda. My first time was a land based trip, and I was 5 or 6 years old. I don't remember much, and in fact I think the younger kids stayed in the hotel most of the time. It was a corporate sponsored family trip. I almost went back to Bermuda in 2019 on the Carnival Breeze, but Hurricane Humberto diverted us to the Western Caribbean. Hopefully, the 3rd time is the charm!

I booked the cruise in March as I tend to book things 6-8 months in advance. I admire those of you who book a year or 2 out. We are staying in an Ocean View room on Deck 3 which is the same area we had last year. The rooms are big, beautifully decorated, and in a good location. They are near the pre-teen and teen clubs, but hopefully they will use the center hallway and not our corridor to access them.

Our room from last year:

image.thumb.jpeg.e0049d3b384aad3d0501f90576b83c6e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c725971dc2077571153cfdc3bc61b085.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aebe120f6d0095fa4969d742f7c70d39.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5242185a8686a2b5c596a053a6ee480c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d830fc7ffe098eb987ad7b3404832794.jpeg

We have 3 days in Bermuda which gives us plenty of time to explore the island. We have a Restless Native Catamaran Excursion scheduled, plan to explore the beaches from Warwick Long Bay to Horseshoe Bay, and maybe rent a boat from H20 water sports. We will also check out the Dockyard and the Bermuda Museum there.

We have a Cruise Critic Meet and Greet scheduled for Wednesday in Bermuda with @ninjacat123 and @Jamman54 who I think will be doing Live or Full Post Cruise Reviews.

Tomorrow we fly to NYC and have a full day of touring on Friday and a half day at the Statue of Liberty on Saturday morning. I'll include our New York days as well.

Looking forward to sharing the cruise with you. Let me know if you have any questions about the Venezia.

• Like 12

Woo hoo!!  Go TravelE!!  Great start to your semi live (sounds pretty live to me😊) and you have inspired me to start my LIVE going to Bermuda on Pride!!  Looking forward to the Frog and Onion with you guys and Jamman and Patti!! 💃😸

• Like 7

@Knights on the Beach Glad to have you along!

@ninjacat123 Perfect! I will be following your Pride review. It's been forever since I have sailed on her but have fond memories. I loved the 3 pool layout.

I am working on last minute packing today. Our adult sons will be co-parenting this little girl while we are away.

image.thumb.jpeg.44a78c7865af1ef220d502825efd325c.jpeg

She is a handful. Thankfully both boys love her to pieces and have the ability to work from home. I did hire a dog sitter for Labor Day Monday as they both are busy.

In New York, we are staying at a Motto brand Hilton hotel. The rooms look tiny, but I think that is typical for NYC. I tend to stay at Hilton properties as I have their Amex card and use points. My favorite is a Hampton Inn. I love their comfy beds and free breakfast - great when the kids were growing up.

I have a couple of errands to run and the we have our family Fantasy Football League draft this evening. I need to do some quick research as I am clueless but like to play along with DH and the boys. Last year, I picked Aaron Rodgers as my quarterback. That did not go so well!

• Like 8

All checked into the hotel. They upgraded us to a Landmark View room. It's on the 27 floor and I don't love heights. We'll see how this goes!

image.jpeg.dfe4404cfbdc695ac8df0fd61133c7f7.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TravelE said:

@Knights on the Beach Glad to have you along!

@ninjacat123 Perfect! I will be following your Pride review. It's been forever since I have sailed on her but have fond memories. I loved the 3 pool layout.

I am working on last minute packing today. Our adult sons will be co-parenting this little girl while we are away.

image.thumb.jpeg.44a78c7865af1ef220d502825efd325c.jpeg

She is a handful. Thankfully both boys love her to pieces and have the ability to work from home. I did hire a dog sitter for Labor Day Monday as they both are busy.

She's adorable! 

• Like 3

I only have a few things left for the suitcase like curling iron and make-up.

DH just started packing! 😜

I feel like I am forgetting something. I should make a list. 

IMG_0113.thumb.png.dfc26be562008396d878973c90610d40.png

We will take Marta to the airport tomorrow afternoon. It’s DragonCon

weekend here in Atlanta so I’m hoping to see some good costumes on the ride to ATL. 

IMG_0114.jpeg.a70081ffa0d1d861bc2b9e0d61cd553c.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Heading out to Buffalo in another hour or so and flying into NYC tomorrow. Looking forward to a couple days in NYC, our first time. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Looking forward to meeting you and others aboard the Venezia! Also looking forward to meeting up with ninjacat123 at the Frog & Onion. 😎

Yay!!  😸🥳💃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone on the other site mentioned Revel car service and app. It’s a rideshare company with all electric vehicles and employees instead of 1099 contractors. A quick Google check confirmed it’s legit and fairly competitive in NYC. 
I was given a code for 70% off my first ride then 50% off for the rest of the month.  I’ll try to use that to get from LGA to the hotel. 

Here’s a code if anyone is interested. 

IMG_0116.thumb.png.48823f287b7bfd1c609bb0de56937f33.png

• Like 3

Looking forward to tagging along on your cruise! Thanks for taking us with you!

I’ll be on the Venezia in April and will soak up all I can from your review to get ready. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashpalo said:

Looking forward to tagging along on your cruise! Thanks for taking us with you!

I’ll be on the Venezia in April and will soak up all I can from your review to get ready. 🙂

Welcome! Is your April cruise from New York or Port Canaveral? I would love to book one of her sailings from Florida!

10 minutes ago, TravelE said:

Welcome! Is your April cruise from New York or Port Canaveral? I would love to book one of her sailings from Florida!

Port Canaveral. This will be our first time out of PC, first time on Venezia, and first time to DR, SJ, & St. Thomas. 😁

• Like 4

My husband and I will be with you on this cruise! I cannot wait! Since we only live in NJ we aren’t spending much time pre cruise in NYC, but did decide to go up Friday night to meet some friends! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tw67 said:

My husband and I will be with you on this cruise! I cannot wait! Since we only live in NJ we aren’t spending much time pre cruise in NYC, but did decide to go up Friday night to meet some friends! 

Wonderful! It will be nice to start your vacation early. Feel free to post any of your thoughts/reflections on the Venezia here. 

We are so excited to get away! We are trying to do some “new” things in NYC. My SIL used to live there so we have hit most of the major attractions during our visits to see her and our nephews and niece. Now they are living in Valencia Spain for the year. I must plan a trip to go see them. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TravelE said:

I think I read that it will be re-homed to FL at the end of this year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DeniseTr said:

I'm about a month behind you, will look forward to your review. If you have the time, check out a Broadway show, there are so many to choose from. 

Thanks for joining! 🙂

Which itinerary are you sailing? Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean?

I don't think we have time for a Broadway show but I'll definitely keep my eye on the discount ticket sites. I looked into tickets for the talk show tapings but all of them are "dark" for the Labor Day weekend. I guess the hosts will be on vacation.

11 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

I'll be following along. Enjoy your cruise and your Meet and Greet! 😊

Welcome aboard! 🛳️ 

It will be so great to meet 2 cruising legends. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TravelE said:

Wonderful! It will be nice to start your vacation early. Feel free to post any of your thoughts/reflections on the Venezia here. 

We are so excited to get away! We are trying to do some “new” things in NYC. My SIL used to live there so we have hit most of the major attractions during our visits to see her and our nephews and niece. Now they are living in Valencia Spain for the year. I must plan a trip to go see them. 

Yes!!!  Do a trip to Valencia especially with family living there. My friend is going to Malaga tomorrow with a friend who is getting her daughter settled for a year of school abroad.  So excited for her!!

• Like 2