Is it possible that the spring Japan cruises are sold out already?

jajsmom

I was just reviewing the cruises and prices for Japan 2026, which just became available. Is it possible that three of the spring cruises are completely sold out already? They are 3 variations of a cruise (11 day, 21 day, and 22 day) with the overlapping of the 11 night cruise on April 8, 2026.  I could understand if many rooms were sold out, but every room in every category? Or are they just holding back for a later date?  I'm just shocked!  Has anyone booked any of these? Or is it really all gone already?  Thanks!

Japan and Australia seem to sell out very quickly. We wanted a 14-day cruise from Japan to Singapore in Oct. 2025. It sold out in no time, and we were fortunately able to book our second choice, a 12-day trip with a similar itinerary, but fewer stops in Nov. 2025. We felt fortunate to get that one, and it's more than a year away. 🥲

Good luck!

This was similar when I booked a few years ago for spring. Cabins were held for charters. The ship for my second week had mostly Japanese - charters.  Cabins were released closer to sail date.  They brought on Japanese crew as well that second week.

Posted (edited)

Actually they didn't 'just' become available. I booked my Feb 2026 voyage May 7, 2024. 

I have October 2025 Discovery Princess in my saved list as I'd prefer that date but I'll go in February 2026 if it never opens up

Edited by Ombud

Three days ago, I booked the 29 day Seattle - Yokohama - Singapore sailing departing September 2025 in a guaranteed inside cabin.  The latter portion of the cruise was not available.

Personally, I had planned to sail on the Discovery Princess to Yokohama and then fly Tokyo to Manila for 10 days, return to Tokyo,  and them catch the Celebrity Millennium to Singapore.  Actually, that would have been about $1300 cheaper per person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlawrence01 said:

Three days ago, I booked the 29 day Seattle - Yokohama - Singapore sailing departing September 2025 in a guaranteed inside cabin.  The latter portion of the cruise was not available.

Personally, I had planned to sail on the Discovery Princess to Yokohama and then fly Tokyo to Manila for 10 days, return to Tokyo,  and them catch the Celebrity Millennium to Singapore.  Actually, that would have been about $1300 cheaper per person.

29 days is simply too long for us. We don't enjoy sea days, so the Alaska to Yokohama stretch is too much. OTH, the Yokohama to Singapore segment on Discovery looks awesome and has a long waitlist.

The 12-day Nov.-Dec. cruise on Diamond should be an acceptable substitute.

We saw the same thing happening on the Diamond Princess - too hard to book a cabin in any category! Too bad because we really liked the itineraries! We finally ended up booking back-to-back cruises on the Celebrity Millenium. The first is around Japan, and the second is from Yokohama to Singapore. 

Perhaps, Princess should think about deploying a second ship to Japan?

Arlene

Thanks for the replies! My original thought had been to do the 14 night Southeast Asia and Japan cruise, followed by whatever the next cruise was (which is now a 10 day Japan Explorer cruise.) Then I thought about pushing it back a few weeks to get in Cherry Blossom Season.  Those are the cruises that are now listed as completely sold out.

@Ombud I know we have talked before as I was waiting for the release of the rest of 2026.  Did you notice that they changed the itinerary on the February 10, 2026 cruise?  Originally, was supposed to stop at Shimizu for Mt. Fuji, but now it looks like they changed that to Toba. We may still be joining you on that cruise, but there is a severe shortage of balcony cabins left. Will be discussing this weekend with the "finance comittee."

Oh that's a good change!! @jajsmom! Although I could see Mt Fugi it was too far away to get to! Looking forward to Toba as that means I'm only repeating 3 ports (Osaka will take train to Kyoto this time, Keilung missed Taipei last time, & Hong Kong ... still have my Oyster card) so not actually repeating any cities

Interestingly, the cruises that were sold out are now showing availability, so they may not have been loaded into the system yet. Also interesting is that it is less expensive to do each of the BTB paid for individually than it is to buy the combined 21 or 22 night cruise. The difference is about $1000 for the two of us. Now we have to decide if we'd rather due the Southeast Asia and Japan Explorer cruises, or do two of the spring flower cruises. Decisions...