Save money with OT1 or pick OT2 for location?

southt00

Hi:  We are in the process of booking our first Explora cruise.  Very excited!

We had put an OT2 cabin on hold.  It is mid-ship, deck 7.  There is now a few OT1 cabins on the same level available that are $450 CAD cheaper but are located closer to the aft.  I haven't been able to find anything out about the con's of being aft on the Explora ships.  Is it worth the extra money to stay mid-ship?  Are there any benefits other than a shorter walk to some of the venues?

Thank you.

I’ve been in 6042 (above creama lounge and heard music and smelled smoke so won’t book in that area again), 7104 and have 7101 booked on an upcoming cruise. The only issues I’ve heard of is the vibration from the thrusters if you’re in a tender port, but I have not experienced this as we had no tender ports on my last cruise.  Personally, I’d save the money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, KJB416 said:

I’ve been in 6042 (above creama lounge and heard music and smelled smoke so won’t book in that area again), 7104 and have 7101 booked on an upcoming cruise. The only issues I’ve heard of is the vibration from the thrusters if you’re in a tender port, but I have not experienced this as we had no tender ports on my last cruise.  Personally, I’d save the money. 

AGREE We were in 6040 without an issue however we did smell smoke when we were near elevator area

Maybe we were on cabin away lol

Enjoy

3 hours ago, southt00 said:

Hi:  We are in the process of booking our first Explora cruise.  Very excited!

We had put an OT2 cabin on hold.  It is mid-ship, deck 7.  There is now a few OT1 cabins on the same level available that are $450 CAD cheaper but are located closer to the aft.  I haven't been able to find anything out about the con's of being aft on the Explora ships.  Is it worth the extra money to stay mid-ship?  Are there any benefits other than a shorter walk to some of the venues?

Thank you.

I was in a PH one cabin forward of the aft. No problem whatsoever.  Save the money!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parallax said:

We were in 7028 on the Explora 1. 

We are on the opposite side of the ship from that room. Glad to hear you were happy with the room & location.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jetsetjane said:

We have room 6022 booked… I’m having trouble orienting how far the smoking area is on deck 5.  Would our room be above the smoking area? Thanks!

Unfortunately, kinda’ maybe…..

The problem, of course, depends on whether your sailing has smokers and how often you’re on your balcony….

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We have room 6022 booked… I’m having trouble orienting how far the smoking area is on deck 5.  Would our room be above the smoking area? Thanks!

Knipsel.JPG

Edited by Henk123