Website login issue

Muffinz

7 hours ago, leck57 said:

I get this as well but it has never created a problem. The App says "Ready to Sail" yet I also get the Incomplete notation on the Personaliser. I just gave up trying to work out why. This has occurred for my last three cruises over the past 18 months and you'd think by now Princess IT would have fixed it. 

Mine appears to be because I’ve not selected a medallion accessory?? Or at least that’s what I think it is 

but I don’t plan on getting an accessory for my medallion…. At least not one from Princess… I’ll probably stick to the princess supplied lanyard.

3 hours ago, Muffinz said:

Mine appears to be because I’ve not selected a medallion accessory?? Or at least that’s what I think it is 

but I don’t plan on getting an accessory for my medallion…. At least not one from Princess… I’ll probably stick to the princess supplied lanyard.

I think that's the same reason for mine as well, although I went through the accessories process and just selected the complimentary lanyard. That didn't fix it. I bought a medallion wrist band 5 or 6 cruises ago and it still suits me

I tried to book my first cruise with Princess last month. Apparently, I created an account many, many years ago with my maiden name because my maiden name is filled in on the log in screen and it won't allow me to change it. When I try to go ahead log in anyway, I get an error. I called Princess using a number I found on here that is supposed to get you someone higher up. The person seemed knowledgeable. She went ahead and booked my cruise and she said I should see the changes to my account in about 24 hours. 

I tried again to log in a couple days later and had the same problem. I called again and was told that  a lot of people had trouble logging in through the regular log in and to just use the booked guest cruise manager tab because it was the same thing, so that's what I've been doing.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 1:07 AM, Muffinz said:

Same thing with us.  We had ordered medallions, it said we had not.  They suddenly showed up a week before the cruise and it still said we had not ordered them.  No problem getting on board once there.

On 9/14/2024 at 5:42 AM, dog said:

Sat. 5:40 am- everything is working for me right now!  app and website!

I find the super early morning is also the ONLY time the website works - yet not completely.  I get about 10 minutes or perusing possible new cruises and all of the sudden the dreaded "we are having technical issues" screen comes up.  My husband was a project manager for IT of a large utility company for decades and he says there is no way this should be going on for months like it has.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MamaStang said:

I find the super early morning is also the ONLY time the website works - yet not completely.  I get about 10 minutes or perusing possible new cruises and all of the sudden the dreaded "we are having technical issues" screen comes up.  My husband was a project manager for IT of a large utility company for decades and he says there is no way this should be going on for months like it has.

I just got back into the app without logging in.  Really hope they get something done soon- what a waste of time.

33 minutes ago, MamaStang said:

Your DH is spot on!  This website is full of problems for many folks, caused by constant updates riddled with errors.  

Twice now, since July, some account data for folks have been corrupted and possibly compromised.  This is not acceptable.

This, of course, populates into the downloaded App, which has its own issues.

There have been so many price increases plus changes to the Plus/Premier program, MDR, SD, etc.

The IT department can’t keep up with it.  

I was happy to get an Ocean Ready agent last month, who was trained and able to correct an account error on the App.

Maybe your DH would consider a consultant job?  🤔

I'm still getting the 'technical difficulties' screen in both the web based version and the app. Spoke to my CVP yesterday who told me everything is fine and I just need to reload the app. Ha! Like I haven't already done that. We just returned from a cruise and the app worked fine. Now all of the sudden (for like the last 3 weeks) I can't access anything by any means. But sure, the problem is on my end 🙄

• Like 3

Problems have been recent for me.  I can see pricing as long as I am not logged into the website.  As soon as I try to log in, I get the "technical difficulties" page.  There was a weekend promotion on the website that included "Free Room Upgrades".  I couldn't check our current bookings to see if we would benefit from the sale.

• Like 2

I spoke to a Princess rep yesterday (got right through by some miracle).  She said it works best to sign in with your Booking number not your password.  Go to princess.com, click on Booked Guests (not log-in). Under "Get Ready for your Cruise,"  click on Manage Booking.  There you have the option to sign in with your Booking number.   You have to already have a booked cruise, however.     She also told me they've known about this problem for months now.....

On 9/17/2024 at 7:23 AM, Paula_MacFan said:

I'm still getting the 'technical difficulties' screen in both the web based version and the app. Spoke to my CVP yesterday who told me everything is fine and I just need to reload the app. Ha! Like I haven't already done that. We just returned from a cruise and the app worked fine. Now all of the sudden (for like the last 3 weeks) I can't access anything by any means. But sure, the problem is on my end 🙄

Try clearing your browser history. It works for me. For a single login. Then I have to do the same the next time I log in. Annoying for sure but at least it allows me to finally log in and access cruise personalizer (or whatever they said it's called now). 

And that is definitely not a problem on your end. It's absolutely a Princess IT problem but until they fix it hopefully this workaround helps.

37 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

Try clearing your browser history. It works for me. For a single login. Then I have to do the same the next time I log in. Annoying for sure but at least it allows me to finally log in and access cruise personalizer (or whatever they said it's called now). 

And that is definitely not a problem on your end. It's absolutely a Princess IT problem but until they fix it hopefully this workaround helps.

I've tried that and it doesn't help. Also I can't access bookings on the app on my phone which I wouldn't think has anything to do with my laptop browser history. 😊

Edited by Paula_MacFan

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I've tried that and it doesn't help. Also I can't access bookings on the app on my phone which I wouldn't think has anything to do with my laptop browser history. 😊

Try using Incognito mode.

Go into Chrome.

Click the 3 dots in upper right corner.

Select New Incognito Window

Type princess.com and login from there.

Worked for me!

13 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Try using Incognito mode.

Go into Chrome.

Click the 3 dots in upper right corner.

Select New Incognito Window

Type princess.com and login from there.

Worked for me!

I have been able to use Incognito mode after seeing it suggested here recently. However, that doesn't fix the lack of app access and the overall issues with the system. Thanks for the suggestion though 🙂

• Like 1