Luggage Forward

We are using Luggage Forward later this month for the first time.  I am confused about AirTags.  I signed the agreement that we would NOT use them, yet I often read that people have used them.  What is the consensus?

Air tags include CR2032 lithium batteries that are not allowed.  My bags are still not back from Barcelona nine days later.  Only one of those days was a delay in customs (probably due to batteries).  Once I do get my bags I will post my trials and tribulations.

Just to "tag" on to this (see what I did there?  "Airtag" "tag" on.😜) be VERY sure of what you can and cannot send with Luggage Forward.  We had an outstanding experience with them 2 years ago and will be using them again next year (part of the Grand Cruise perks).  But I was VERY CAREFUL to make sure I didn't pack anything that could be construed as against their policy.  I have heard that luggage can get seriously held up if they see something that looks like it isn't authorized. They were very easy to work with, so if you have ANY doubt, email or call them for clarification. 

5 minutes ago, MoBro713 said:

Did Regent make the arrangements with Luggage Forward or did you book it yourselves?

Thanks 

For Grand Voyages Regent arranges (and pays) for Luggage Forward whilst we work with them directly on number of bags, timing, restrictions, etc.  The first time I used it I realized that having the service still means that we have at least one checked bag as there is so much that luggage forward won't take.  In addition, for international trips they require that suitcases be unlocked.  

Lots of parts of this LF does not control.  We have used LF 4 times with great results.  Most recently left ship in Singapore.  LF bags got home 2 days after us.  It really suits us to fly long haul with only carry ons.

I booked LF for a cruise this October. I called to place my order for the LF booking. The agent was specify about the air tags. NO!  I have used LF 5x and they were excellent every time. 

Don't worry, they are a great company and not lugging luggage is an added plus. 

• Like 1

Strange question perhaps, but I've never used the LF service. Do you forward actual suitcases, or do you put everything in boxes? Seems a lot more can be packed in boxes, with plastic liners, of course.

38 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Strange question perhaps, but I've never used the LF service. Do you forward actual suitcases, or do you put everything in boxes? Seems a lot more can be packed in boxes, with plastic liners, of course.

Suitcases or boxes. We have shipped both 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

There is Luggage Free and Luggage Forward. Unless it is free, there is no real difference between the two of them....although I think the customer service at Luggage Free is better.

They use different carriers.  Luggage Forward - DHL and Luggage Free - FedEx. 

It makes a difference as I would never use DHL in Central and South America.

For Europe, DHL is definitely superior - they are a Euro based company.  It is about their ability to get your luggage through customs without delays.  It is never about shipping - except for weather, the delays are always customs related.

As others have stated there is a no - no list which needs to be strictly followed and is essentially clothing only plus normal sundries:

• No medicines or over the counter items
  • No electrical items or anything that has a battery or plug
  • Nothing having alcohol - like perfumes
  • Nothing of value or can be thought of as taxable.  This also includes new clothes that have a price tag on them.

Regent uses and works with both but does get a kickback from Luggage forward.

https://app.luggageforward.com/cobrands/GJVH2DTWWWE6?cpn=RKRPEXME62FF&utm_campaign=regent-seven-seas-cruises%2Fwdxgankq9eytw2j9&utm_id=RKRPEXME62FF&utm_medium=strategic_partner&utm_source=regent_seven_seas_cruises

On 9/3/2024 at 8:47 AM, MoBro713 said:

Did Regent make the arrangements with Luggage Forward or did you book it yourselves?

Thanks 

We also booked it ourselves.  In March we'll book through Regent as part of the Grand Cruise.  

1 hour ago, GMIAC said:

Where is the drop-off for these shipments? Will they (hopefully) magically appear in our cabins when we depart?

Pick up from your home, magically appear in your cabin.  Going home, put out in hallway the night before disembarkation and they get delivered to your home.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Pick up from your home, magically appear in your cabin.  Going home, put out in hallway the night before disembarkation and they get delivered to your home.

Will we have to use the same box for the return shipment? What if the box gets beaten up on the way in?

Just now, GMIAC said:

Will we have to use the same box for the return shipment? What if the box gets beaten up on the way in?

I guess you will just have to deal with it and figure out a solution.  Never happened to us so we don't spend time worrying about it.

Just now, Jim Avery said:

I guess you will just have to deal with it and figure out a solution.  Never happened to us so we don't spend time worrying about it.

OK, great. I don't care if the box is slightly beaten up for the return trip.  😄 

7 hours ago, GMIAC said:

OK, great. I don't care if the box is slightly beaten up for the return trip.  😄 

Why use a box???  Just pack your standard suitcase up to the 50 pound limit (higher weights = higher price).  Two weeks ago leaving the ship at Barcelona there were 20 or so suitcases tag with luggage forward airway bill holder on the dock ready for pickup heading home.

2 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Why use a box???  Just pack your standard suitcase up to the 50 pound limit (higher weights = higher price).  Two weeks ago leaving the ship at Barcelona there were 20 or so suitcases tag with luggage forward airway bill holder on the dock ready for pickup heading home.

I'm planning in advance for our 2027 World Cruise!

• Like 1