Small Magnetic Shelf question

I purchased a small magnetic shelf on Amazon to use at the bed side.  The bed side tables on the Celebration are just two small shelves with no edging and I have issues with searching for my glasses and ear buds knocked off by the sheets.  Has anyone ever brought something like a shelf with a magnet on the back to put near the bedside?  Any input or other ideas would be great.  Thanks

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DeniseTr said:

I've got hooks for upcoming cruise, but I like the idea of a shelf too. 

Question I have, do strong magnets make it more likely that your bag will be searched at airport and/or cruise port?

I have a bunch of super strong magnets and have never been searched. 

• Like 1

I have a set of different sized fabric covered cardboard boxes. When open, they have a zipper running diagonally and when unzipped, fold perfectly flat. Super easy to pack. They are about 6 inches high when open. Don’t remember where I ordered them from but try Amazon or a google search. Also handy for keeping peoples bathroom items separate in a small area.

2 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

I have a set of different sized fabric covered cardboard boxes. When open, they have a zipper running diagonally and when unzipped, fold perfectly flat. Super easy to pack. They are about 6 inches high when open. Don’t remember where I ordered them from but try Amazon or a google search. Also handy for keeping peoples bathroom items separate in a small area.

Ohh, I have something like that. And they fold mostly flat when not in use. Time to pull them out for cruise.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 10:00 AM, DeniseTr said:

I've got hooks for upcoming cruise, but I like the idea of a shelf too. 

Question I have, do strong magnets make it more likely that your bag will be searched at airport and/or cruise port?

I only had an issue once with the magnets in my carry on in Canada (Vancouver) going through screening. The officer just asked if I had magnets and once I confirmed, she just made me find take them out of the bag to be checked closer.

On 9/2/2024 at 9:18 PM, TiggerLuv2Cruise said:

I purchased a small magnetic shelf on Amazon to use at the bed side.  The bed side tables on the Celebration are just two small shelves with no edging and I have issues with searching for my glasses and ear buds knocked off by the sheets.  Has anyone ever brought something like a shelf with a magnet on the back to put near the bedside?  Any input or other ideas would be great.  Thanks

this is a great idea!  Please share how it worked when you get back from your cruise!  Is it a strong magnet?  that may be the difference between success and failure...  the magnet needs to be able to support both the shelf and anything that you put on it.

and I believe all of the walls within the cabin are magnetic but I'm not 100% sure of that...

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 9:48 PM, Mike45LC said:

I always have packed magnetic clips and hooks for cruises, and unlike  @ngrund, I have not had any TSA issues.  But his/hers was in Canada.

Yes, I was shocked as I never received a second glance before, and I'm pretty sure they were always in carry on.

They also had me take my CPAP out of its bag which hasn't been done for years in the States

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2024 at 9:18 PM, TiggerLuv2Cruise said:

I got a suction cup shelf to put in the shower to hold stuff-fell a couple of times but like added room. Being that we can use magnetic hooks I am sure you wont have a problem

No issues bringing magnetic hooks in checked bag just put them together in zip lock bag