Dinner Attire

glawless

We are going to be on the inaugural cruise for explora 2 in a couple of weeks.  What is normal attire for dinner?   I know Anthology and Fil Rouge have a no shorts policy.  Are dressy shorts and a button down shirt common in the other restaurants or do men all wear long pants?  

thank you!

1 hour ago, glawless said:

We are going to be on the inaugural cruise for explora 2 in a couple of weeks.  What is normal attire for dinner?   I know Anthology and Fil Rouge have a no shorts policy.  Are dressy shorts and a button down shirt common in the other restaurants or do men all wear long pants?  

thank you!

Men wearing nice pants or slacks akin to what might be worn at any nice land based restaurant is most appropriate.

I agree, shorts would not be acceptable on your cruise in any of the restaurants. Shorts will be fine in Emporium. The dress I’ve seen on board varies from casual to dressy, but I’ve not seen anyone in shorts in any of the restaurants in the evening.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, glawless said:

thank you!

Here in Australia ( which is quite a casual country) no one would wear shorts to a restaurante. The beach yes, but  , lets face it , who wants to see all those hairy legs?

• Like 2

On our two Explora cruises, I can't say that I actually saw anyone in shorts in any of the the dining rooms. I can't comment on anything beyond my observation!

When we  did our daily oysters and champagne binge at the Emporium at 6:30, we actually asked if our gym attire was OK and  were told "no problem".

• Like 2

There is a specific FAQ on this issue among many others.

Dress --

We don't have a dress code onboard but we suggest an elegant resort casual style.

Please consider the following in our restaurants, and indoor bars and lounges:

• Swim wear and bathrobes are not allowed throughout the day in any of the restaurants and indoor bars and lounges.

• Shorts and sleeveless t-shirts are not allowed during dinner time (18:00 - late) in Anthology, Fil Rouge

• Baseball caps and sportswear are not allowed during dinner time (18:00 - late) in Anthology, Fil Rouge, Sakura, Marble & Co. Grill, Med Yacht Club.

• Like 3

On 9/3/2024 at 7:36 AM, Elizabethbea said:

Here in Australia ( which is quite a casual country) no one would wear shorts to a restaurante. The beach yes, but  , lets face it , who wants to see all those hairy legs?

I wear shorts nearly every day of the year.  I feel overheated in long pants and avoid them whenever possible.  If anyone is staring at my hairy legs that really seems to be a them problem moreso than a me problem.  

Not so. Most luxe ships don't allow basket ball caps after 6 pm either--its not a "them problem" it is just suitable attire.Ships don't allow bare chests for men at dinner either--are you suggesting the ship has a problem? of course not --it's just what is suitable for the venue. If one gets "overheated " in pants then maybe, yes, that is a problem.

• Like 4