What restaurants are open for lunch on embarkation day please?

breadandbutter

So, in addition to Emporium Marketplace can anyone provide details of any restaurants that are definitely available on embarkation day, based on past experience.  I was thinking of getting a calm lunch after embarkation and then using the Marketplace for dinner instead - I figure that most people will head to the other restaurants after having lunch in the Marketplace.

10 minutes ago, Sololux said:

So, in addition to Emporium Marketplace can anyone provide details of any restaurants that are definitely available on embarkation day, based on past experience.  I was thinking of getting a calm lunch after embarkation and then using the Marketplace for dinner instead - I figure that most people will head to the other restaurants after having lunch in the Marketplace.

None other than the Emporium at lunchtime all open in the evening 

Edited by uktog

Or…, You can have lunch somewhere, before you board the ship. 😉.  (Sorry couldn’t resist… )

They probably can accommodate you with lunch somehow in your suite, provided it is ready for your occupancy by whenever you want that lunch. But not sure as I have not asked about this myself. 

But what is so wrong with going to Marketplace which has so much space for anyone to sit inside and outside and dine quietly if wanted, getting a first glimpse of fellow passengers ? Don’t make the mistake of comparing the venue to those of bigger ships. Just saying…

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, mike@sea said:

But what is so wrong with going to Marketplace which has so much space for anyone to sit inside and outside and dine quietly if wanted, getting a first glimpse of fellow passengers ? Don’t make the mistake of comparing the venue to those of bigger ships. Just saying…

If the OP’s concern is related to any issue with visiting the food order stations and/or carrying food to your table, or any other concern I can assure you the Hosts will help you anyway they can. The Hosts in the Emporium for breakfast and lunch are the same who will be serving you in the evening in the menu restaurants. They will come to know you early in your journey. I personally have not needed help in the Emporium and haven’t specifically asked, but I am certain the Hosts there will be happy to help you as much as you desire. 

• Like 1

It’s not that I have anything against the EM but I had been thinking of going there for the first evening, taking a leisurely meal after a hectic couple of days.  I would like to wind down after unpacking and find my holiday “state of mind” as soon as possible.  I’m traveling solo so will have had a fair degree of stress as it’ll be my first actual holiday in 12 years - usually I have OH to help but he’s got the important role of looking after our cats.  I regularly travel to and from the U.K. but do that on autopilot these days so a trip to Istanbul will be out of my confort range!

• Like 1

I see and hear where you're coming from.  While busy, the Emporium was certainly not chaotic.

While you have to manoeuvre around the various food stations, there's plenty of quiet outdoor seating where you will be well taken care of! 

Please note my table "marked" by my hand sanitizer!

IMG_7595 (1).jpg

• Like 1

To piggyback, there are NO restaurants besides Emporium open for lunch (that I recall) and they are quite strict on cabin access before about 2 or even 3pm (which means no lunch room service). We put our bags in our room upon arrival (around 1230) and that also seemed very much frowned upon... but we did it anyway. I consider this part of the "Embarkation mess" that I described in my review. Nobody told us when our cabin would be ready - we had to ask - and there was no announcement. Check in staff seemed pretty clueless and it was hardly a "luxury" experience. Fortunately things did get better.