Nautica WiFi Without Starlink

TonicTraveler

3 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

I believe @Orv is currently on the ship and posting. 

Also, apparently I don't know how to tag people in here 🙂

To Tag someone -- you are pretty close.    When you type "@Orv" a pop up window will appear.   You have to select the person from the popup.    That's it. 

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, MargateKev said:

Starlink was installed on the Nautica on cruise to South Africa by the time we had disembarked in Capetown in early May. 

20240504 Maputo-5040122.jpg

If this ship has Starlink then they better get their money back. This is without a doubt the worst internet system of any cruise ship I’ve ever been on. I haven’t been able to read an email since the last port where I could use my phone. I can read CC sometimes and reply sometimes. It has taken me over 10 minutes to reply to this thread. 
Perhaps they have the hardware but it’s not operational yet. I’ll do some digging and see what I can find out. 

Did I mention it’s worse than the slowest dial up you ever had? For those of you old enough to remember such things. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here’s the deal, the hardware was installed in May, it’s “supposed” to be operational in November. I hope so as we’re on in December for 20 days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Here’s the deal, the hardware was installed in May, it’s “supposed” to be operational in November. I hope so as we’re on in December for 20 days. 

Fits an unfortunate corporate pattern. We were on Regent Splendor in March. Several workmen boarded in Miami and installed Starlink during our transatlantic. Family member was on the same ship in August. Learned that Starlink will not be operational until at least October....although fully installed, waiting for contract with old internet carrier to expire. Understand same sorts of delays due to contracts are occurring on multiple Oceania and Regent ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ORV said:

Thanks for investigating this and getting an answer.  We will be onboard in March and I'm hoping for better internet connectivity than what you are experiencing.

• Thanks 1