Laundry questions

OceanCruise

What is the turnaround time for the loyalty perk of complimentary "unlimited" laundry and pressing services? Do they automatically provide laundry bags in the room like Celebrity does? Can you really turn in laundry each day if needed? Do they return pressed items on hangers?

There is a laundry bag and a form to fill out in the closet.  If you put it outside your door by 9 am, they will have it back in the evening, except on rare occasions when they are very busy, then the next evening.  Yes, you can send out laundry every day and pressed items come back on hangers.

2 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

What is the turnaround time for the loyalty perk of complimentary "unlimited" laundry and pressing services? Do they automatically provide laundry bags in the room like Celebrity does? Can you really turn in laundry each day if needed? Do they return pressed items on hangers?

Agree, yes to all. The best perk!

And just put the bag out by 9 and it's back before dinner.

They get carried away pressing things. All our undershirts and pajamas were pressed and put on hangers. I usually left a stack of hangers on the bed to be taken away after folding the laundry.

The laundry service was very good. One of the buttons on a casual top came back broken. I showed the butler, he took it away and came back half an hour later with a new, close to matching button sewn on.

• Like 2

This service can really cut down on what you pack especially on a 10/12 day cruise. 

we were on the Moon for a rather warm Adriatic cruise recently. We had laundry done everyday and it was a game changer. We changed and showered twice a day and were going through casual clothes at a pretty good clip. 

Some items do not come back as expected.  The necks on 100% cotton ladies' tops were stretched out and the fabric showed wear.  I do not send out some items and prefer to use the launderettes instead.  Last trip on Moon there was a hose from the detergent dispenser that passengers had to stretch across to get the detergent into the machine.  It also meant the only way to get any cold water into the machines on deck 6 was with the hose and detergent.  All cycles used only hot water rinses.  If someone is on or has been on Moon recently, please let me know if this ridiculous system was changed back to using a cup to put detergent into the machines and cold water went directly into the machines.  While sending out laundry was free, the real cost was in replacing casual tops.  

On 9/5/2024 at 6:43 PM, jpalbny said:

Agree, yes to all. The best perk!

Let me add my Yes! Yes!! to JP, Lois, etc.  On our Silver Moon Mumbai to Singapore sailing earlier this year, we hit out 100 days with Silversea milestone and got the free laundry.  

Agree it is totally AWESOME!!  Makes a difference, especially as we had dirty laundry from pre-cruise private touring of the Golden Triangle of India, etc., of over a week prior to boarding. 

But, here's a tip.  As shown in the visual below, my wife is talking with our Butler as we had just arrived in our Suite to start our sailing.  Ask any and all questions about the laundry and any other services/options.  Don't be shy with any and all questions.  Any time, just ASK!!!  Your Butler likes good customers who inquire, are curious, seeking more and better.  

image.thumb.jpeg.58ffd989f294932e218912260d546f76.jpeg

Also consider how you want your laundry items to come back.  Initially, as an example, they brought back my regular white tee-shirts on hangers.  Didn't need things done that way and I ask them to just come back folded.  Worked easier for us.  Super service that says FIRST-CLASS.  Loved having my PJ's not just cleaned, but pressed.

Another tip?  With the green, metal bottle for water, put ice in it and pick a more interesting beverage, such as Diet Coke, to take as your to-go refreshment.  It's does not need to be just plain water in that container.  It held the ice and soft drink well throughout the day when on an excursion.  Maybe I should have gone for a frozen margarita in the container? 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

India to Singapore 2024:  Live/Blog over 22,100 views with many visuals, including for “Golden Triangle”, Japan, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Malaysia:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2992045-live-terryohio-india-to-signapore-silver-moon-rising-pix’s/

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Another tip?  With the green, metal bottle for water, put ice in it and pick a more interesting beverage, such as Diet Coke, to take as your to-go refreshment.  It's does not need to be just plain water in that container.  It held the ice and soft drink well throughout the day when on an excursion.  Maybe I should have gone for a frozen margarita in the container? 

Darn, my secret is out!

2 hours ago, taxatty said:

Darn, my secret is out!

Appreciate this great follow-up from our Miami friend.  Which secret?  Diet Coke and ice in the container?  Or, the potentially more creative and fun idea for having a frozen Margarita in this beverage carrier?  

Below is my favorite, with salt on the rim, being served at Dolce Vita by the charming and exciting Jeffrey when on the Silver Moon in February from Mumbai to Singapore.  Any other Jeffrey fans out there? 

image.thumb.jpeg.1e023dcafbab6c1ab0d41c56b0365ac8.jpeg

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 57,398 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Any other Jeffrey fans out there?

image.thumb.jpeg.1e023dcafbab6c1ab0d41c56b0365ac8.jpeg

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 57,398 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

You bet!  Jeffrey is a favourite of many regular Silversea customers.  Love him!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

image.thumb.jpeg.58ffd989f294932e218912260d546f76.jpeg

Pina Coladas keep quite well in them when going out on excursions. 

Edited by DavyWavey70
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 11:12 AM, Travel2Learn said:

Last trip on Moon there was a hose from the detergent dispenser that passengers had to stretch across to get the detergent into the machine.  It also meant the only way to get any cold water into the machines on deck 6 was with the hose and detergent.  All cycles used only hot water rinses.  If someone is on or has been on Moon recently, please let me know if this ridiculous system was changed back to using a cup to put detergent into the machines and cold water went directly into the machines

We're on the Moon soon, and I really hope this has changed.  I prefer to do my own laundry, and this system does indeed sound absolutely ridiculous!

10 minutes ago, jdaa said:

We're on the Moon soon, and I really hope this has changed.  I prefer to do my own laundry, and this system does indeed sound absolutely ridiculous!

Looking forward to your report on this.  I was on deck 6.