Enchanted Princess Canada & New England “Live”

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Captain Funtime was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Day 3 Already.

Sailed Saturday from the Red Hook terminal in Brooklyn.  Uber from Laguardia was $98 before tip.  First time sailing from Brooklyn. Not as organized as other ports.  Once aboard things were better.  We were sailed Enchanted in April so it came back to us quickly.

We are in  Deluxe Balcony. Small !  And the bath is SMALL !  Our Steward, Andrew is spot on.

Prior to arrival we upgraded to the new Premier package.  A few bumps….we had made and paid for SD before the new package launched which required a visit to Guest Services to request a refund for meals now included in our package. What should be simple well……..still working on it.

The drinks package works very beginning. No tax etc. or waiting which has been rumored on CC.

We were able to make additional SD reservations prior without a problem.  On board there is not much left.

Night one we ate in the MDR.  Food was disappointing.

Went to Crooner’s after dinner for drinks and piano.

The ship seems half full at best.

Day two we dined at Crown Grill.  The app. was showing no reservations available but the restaurant was not half full.  I don’t know what game they are playing ??

The food and service were both excellent !!

Back to Crooner’s after dinner.

Day two breakfast was at the International on Deck 5.  The best egg  breakfast sandwiches. Fast.

This morning breakfast was in the MDR.  Eggs Benedict.  Properly prepared.

Arrived Boston 11am. Planned on dinner in Boston but may eat on the ship.

More to come…….

• Like 3

I will be boarding when you get off. I’m solo and it’s my first non carnival cruise in 16 years 11 months! So I’m nervous and will follow along. I just got the app and tried to make reservations at Amalfi. I like to eat at 6. All were late seating but I snagged 7:20 on 2 nights. Problem I think is I like to dine solo. What nights are “elegant/dress up” nights? What time is earliest check in at Red Hook? Enjoy the rest of your cruise! 

Not sure about Red Hook check-in. I always go from the airport to the pier and get in line.

They don’t check that closely.

Once on board go to the dining room. They will most likely accomodate you.

Welcome to Princess. It is light years from Carnival.(I am Platinum on Carnival)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Thanks so much for giving us firsthand information about how the Specialty Dining is going. And I definitely have to try those IC breakfast sandwiches!! 😁

I’ve heard about them. Pizza and egg mc muffins! 👍

Hope you enjoyed your day in Boston. I went to college about 1/2 hour away in Beverly nestled next to salem 🦹‍♀️ took train in almost every Saturday. Last time we were in Boston we did the HOHO. It’s a beautiful city even if the Red Sox are there! (Lifelong NYY fan! 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I will be boarding when you get off. I’m solo and it’s my first non carnival cruise in 16 years 11 months! So I’m nervous and will follow along. I just got the app and tried to make reservations at Amalfi. I like to eat at 6. All were late seating but I snagged 7:20 on 2 nights. Problem I think is I like to dine solo. What nights are “elegant/dress up” nights? What time is earliest check in at Red Hook? Enjoy the rest of your cruise! 

I sailed my first solo ever this past February on MSC, also my first time on another line. I'm a Royal girl.

I was super nervous about sailing solo, BUT I had a fantastic time and booked 4 more solos of which I didall of them over the summer. 

My last cruise (the end of July) and the one coming up in 2 weeks-ish (a 9 night) I'm sailing with one on my cruise buddies....I so wish it was a solo! lol

I do enjoy cruising with her, but I found I enjoy my solos so much more!

I hope you too have a fantastic solo cruise...once the first one is behind you, it's not as stressful and as worrisome. 😊

1 hour ago, rrraydon said:

I sailed my first solo ever this past February on MSC, also my first time on another line. I'm a Royal girl.

I was super nervous about sailing solo, BUT I had a fantastic time and booked 4 more solos of which I didall of them over the summer. 

My last cruise (the end of July) and the one coming up in 2 weeks-ish (a 9 night) I'm sailing with one on my cruise buddies....I so wish it was a solo! lol

I do enjoy cruising with her, but I found I enjoy my solos so much more!

I hope you too have a fantastic solo cruise...once the first one is behind you, it's not as stressful and as worrisome. 😊

Thank you! This will be my 5th solo. Husband passed unexpectedly and we had 4 cruises on Venezia (carnival) booked. So I took them! Reason I’m nervous is I’ve cruised CCL forever-I could board ship and do the cruise with my eyes closed-last 4 were on the same ship-just nervous about princess and what to expect and how to do things and all that! Want to get all my ducks in a row before I board.😉😊 I’m sure it will be perfect. I’m very excited! Happy cruising to you! 👍

1 minute ago, Crusin Karen said:

Thank you! This will be my 5th solo. Husband passed unexpectedly and we had 4 cruises on Venezia (carnival) booked. So I took them! Reason I’m nervous is I’ve cruised CCL forever-I could board ship and do the cruise with my eyes closed-last 4 were on the same ship-just nervous about princess and what to expect and how to do things and all that! Want to get all my ducks in a row before I board.😉😊 I’m sure it will be perfect. I’m very excited! Happy cruising to you! 👍

Oh, I see. I miss understood, I thought it was your first solo. 

I understand your nervousness, I sail solo on Celebrity in January, I've never sailed them before and feel like a fish out of water trying to sort everything with them.

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I think it's great that you continued on with your bookings, I'm sure he wanted you to do just that!

Thank you for your kind thoughts! Yes I feel like a total newbie cruising Princess! And I’m doing RCI in March. Don’t tell Carnival! I live in NE NJ and I’m not comfortable flying or driving to a port alone so I cruise from Manhattan Bayonne or Red Hook. I’ve been on Venezia 4x. Booked #5 for May, 2025. Love the ship but I need a change. So Enchanted from Red Hook on Saturday and Odyssey OTS March ‘25 from Bayonne. Out of my comfort zone but I’ll be fine I’m sure! I realized after that first solo cruise that if I can’t cruise with my Jim I’d rather cruise alone. So I understand where you’re at! 👍

• Like 2

Day three continued…..

Having scouted the neighborhood near the port for place to have lobstah and coming up empty handed we opted to eat on board.  The port is not much to see. I would not rush to book another cruise stopping in Boston.  Just my opinion.

The only reservation we could get at Rudy’s was at 5.  It was half full??  We had eaten at Rudy’s twice in April.

Rudy’s did not

disappoint, Service and Food were very good.

Back to Crooner’s after dinner.  They need to work on the talent.

Clocks move ahead one hour tonight.

Tomorrow is a sea day,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Funtime said:

Day three continued…..

Having scouted the neighborhood near the port for place to have lobstah and coming up empty handed we opted to eat on board.  The port is not much to see. I would not rush to book another cruise stopping in Boston.  Just my opinion.

The only reservation we could get at Rudy’s was at 5.  It was half full??  We had eaten at Rudy’s twice in April.

Rudy’s did not

disappoint, Service and Food were very good.

Back to Crooner’s after dinner.  They need to work on the talent.

Clocks move ahead one hour tonight.

Tomorrow is a sea day,

FYI, Legal Seafood (Harborside) is a 10minute walk from the cruise port. I understand that it is not as good as it was 36 years ago when we lived in Boston but it is convenient. We have reservations there next month.

Sea day and Enchanted came alive. We have been spending our time at the Wakeview Bar. It quiet in relation to the two main pools and Seaview bar. Wakeview Bar

is aft just in front of the infinity pool. Great view and under used.

Dinner was at Sabatini’s.  WARNING 

It is five courses.  Only order three.  The food is very good but way too much.

Crooner’s again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Do you go to Portland or Bar Harbor? Both are walkable from the ships dock with lots of great seafood restaurants.

Bar Harbor. But it’s tender and I HATE tenders! I’ll be going ashore at Newport because I have a ship excursion. I’ll see how close we are to the dock and decide about BH! 🫣🙄 I don’t mind staying on the ship. 

3 hours ago, Captain Funtime said:

Sea day and Enchanted came alive. We have been spending our time at the Wakeview Bar. It quiet in relation to the two main pools and Seaview bar. Wakeview Bar

is aft just in front of the infinity pool. Great view and under used.

Dinner was at Sabatini’s.  WARNING 

It is five courses.  Only order three.  The food is very good but way too much.

Crooner’s again.

At any of the specialty restaurants we are an app, a main or pasta and a dessert.  Actually that is our eating habits in all ship restaurants including MDR

1 hour ago, Crusin Karen said:

Bar Harbor. But it’s tender and I HATE tenders! I’ll be going ashore at Newport because I have a ship excursion. I’ll see how close we are to the dock and decide about BH! 🫣🙄 I don’t mind staying on the ship. 

As far as I know Bar Harbor has a size restriction on cruise ships that prohibits large ships from stopping there which would exclude all Princess ships. I am doing the. Boston/Quebec/Boston b2b in 2025 and Bar Harbor was switched to Portland

On 9/10/2024 at 2:00 PM, Colorado Coasty said:

FYI, Legal Seafood (Harborside) is a 10minute walk from the cruise port. I understand that it is not as good as it was 36 years ago when we lived in Boston but it is convenient. We have reservations there next month.

2 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Can’t wait to go there! What’s temp of the ship like? I have one excursion in Newport but will most likely stay on ship rest of the cruise. Trying to figure out what to pack to hang out! 

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

At any of the specialty restaurants we are an app, a main or pasta and a dessert.  Actually that is our eating habits in all ship restaurants including MDR

Are you serious the ship is only half full? I'm wondering what the Oct.5th sailing will be like? Perhaps I'll get the upgrade I bid on. 
lobster Roll. The shop next to the lighthouse at Peggy's Cove. 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

As far as I know Bar Harbor has a size restriction on cruise ships that prohibits large ships from stopping there which would exclude all Princess ships. I am doing the. Boston/Quebec/Boston b2b in 2025 and Bar Harbor was switched to Portland

Yes they switched BH for Sydney  quite a while ago. A lot of people were upset and I think a few cancelled. Then we received notice in late spring that BH was on itinerary again. 👍