Folio charge..."referred to corporate finance" ??

Cessna140

Hi, I've emailed Princess about this but figured someone on here has probably dealt with this.  We received an email folio today , three weeks after disembarking. There is a charge of $35.12 that is listed as "referred to corporate finance". We can't figure out what that means and who knows when Princess will respond to my query so thought I'd ask here. It is definitely a charge, not a credit. 

Thanks in advance.

20 minutes ago, Cessna140 said:

Hi, I've emailed Princess about this but figured someone on here has probably dealt with this.  We received an email folio today , three weeks after disembarking. There is a charge of $35.12 that is listed as "referred to corporate finance". We can't figure out what that means and who knows when Princess will respond to my query so thought I'd ask here. It is definitely a charge, not a credit. 

Thanks in advance.

That usually means it is the amount of unused refundable obc. The charge is placed to zero out the account. It is referred to finance for refund processing.

There is also an entry for unused non refundable obc, if any, to take it to zero as well, but do not recall what that one is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cessna140 said:

Thanks in advance.

You will receive a cheque in the mail for the amount “referred to corporate finance”.  It is your refundable credit.  

It took a little over 2 weeks to receive my $30.15 refundable credit in a check by mail.  

I did try to use it up, but then I returned something that put me over the $25 auto refund from the desk.  He did say that IF I had added cash to my account, I could have gotten that back.

13 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

You will receive a cheque in the mail for the amount “referred to corporate finance”.  It is your refundable credit.  

Its been awhile since we sailed Princess.  We have the premier package but are expecting a large OBC from our TA which will be refundable  Any Canadian experience to share - any problem depositing this cheque to my bank account (I do have a US $$ account).  I wish they would simply credit the card on file.  

9 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

It’s been awhile since we sailed Princess.  We have the premier package but are expecting a large OBC from our TA which will be refundable  Any Canadian experience to share - any problem depositing this cheque to my bank account (I do have a US $$ account).  I wish they would simply credit the card on file.  

The cheque will be in US $.  You should be fine if you have a US $ account.  We were able to deposit in our US $ account with no issues. I agree that it would be far simpler to credit the card on file.  I’ve also read that Canadians that can’t cash the cheque can get it sent to them in CAN $ (but I’ve never done this myself).

Edited by Abercrombie2019
Added
  • Like 1