Shuttle buses

DebiGee

Hello everyone ,me again. I was hoping someone could give me info on shuttle buses as I haven't used them before-our ports will be La Coruna, Valencia,Marseille and Cadiz(we won't be getting off at Barcelona). how much do they cost ? we are on a select fare in case the costs differ. Also if anyone prefers one port over another please feel free to recommend. thanks

La Coruna you don't need one unless another ship is in port and they park you in the container area if so a free shuttle is provided for everyone about a 1-2 minute journey. 

Valencia they use to drop off at the old town but I believe they have now moved to the science museum 5-10 minute transfer. Marseille not sure. Cadiz you don't need unless again they dock you at the container area. If you decide to get off in Barcelona they drop off at the World Trade Centre unless its changed. Since you are select fare all shuttles are free to use only saver fare have to pay.

31 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

La Coruna you don't need one unless another ship is in port and they park you in the container area if so a free shuttle is provided for everyone about a 1-2 minute journey. 

Valencia they use to drop off at the old town but I believe they have now moved to the science museum 5-10 minute transfer. Marseille not sure. Cadiz you don't need unless again they dock you at the container area. If you decide to get off in Barcelona they drop off at the World Trade Centre unless its changed. Since you are select fare all shuttles are free to use only saver fare have to pay.

Thank you so much. Oh ....something for free ,be still my heart.

Shuttle buses are required to get out of the port as this is a very big port.

When you are dropped off walk up to the main street if you want to get the trolley train to Marseille Notre Dame this will cost £10 euros return .

It will take you all the way and always have returning trolley buses every ten to twenty minutes.

Will cost you less than an excursion,

Along the main street lots of shops and restaurants serving moules and frites.

When on Arvia at Easter we didn't need a shuttle bus in either La Coruna or Cadiz as we docked in town. At Valencia the drop off point was by the Science Museum and at Marseille it was opposite the cathedral.

2 hours ago, poorer said:

Shuttle buses are required to get out of the port as this is a very big port.

When you are dropped off walk up to the main street if you want to get the trolley train to Marseille Notre Dame this will cost £10 euros return .

It will take you all the way and always have returning trolley buses every ten to twenty minutes.

Will cost you less than an excursion,

Along the main street lots of shops and restaurants serving moules and frites.

In Marseilles you can take the P&O shuttle bus as it will be free as you have select fare. 

In Marseilles the shuttle bus drops you here - https://maps.app.goo.gl/w55h8KsxetRNt7e96 / https://maps.app.goo.gl/2rCGsRkqeGnykJbC7

Although it is handy for the cathedral and the old town, it is a reasonable walk from the new town and harbour.

Also consider your return time, as when I was there earlier in the year I heard reports of long queues for the buses at the end of the day, with some stupid people deciding to try to walk the 4 miles back to the ship and not wait in the queue.