A loyal to Royal dude goes Virgin on Valiant Lady..and what a lady she is!

Currently on the Valiant Lady. This is my cruise #59 and my 9th Cruise Line. To begin with I'm start  loving it way too much. Up to now everything is top notch.  I'm not that type that is going to write a lengthy review,but just the Pros and Cons (are there any?)

Cons: the regular balcony cabin is smaller that other Cruise lines and so is the bathroom. Not where you take your shower with an impressive water pressure, but the distance between the toilet and the shower door. You hardly can dress up in the bathroom unless you are very acrobatic!

Pros:

No elegant nights

All sodas included (I'm not a big soda drinker though)

All Specialty Restaurants included: Korean BBQ, Italian, Mexican, Steakhouse etc. All of very good quality.

Gratuities included

Gelato incluided

NO (annoying) announcements

A plethora of choices at the Buffet. Healthy and unhealthy.  Excellent Sushi and desserts. Everyday more or less than same desserts but also of very good quality and taste. 

Free Wifi ( Mails and Social media)

If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to answer them. 

• Like 7

I have to agree, VV is a great kid free option with a lot to like.  We have our 2nd booked for March on Valiant Lady.  I still love Royal but I like options too.  The included food is hands down no contest better than royals MDR and on par with royals specialty dining for the most part IMO.  Included WiFi and Tips 👍🏻.

No drink packages but I didn’t even miss it with all the bar tab we had included with our booking specials and through status match.  I thought this would be an issue but it wasn’t.

XL Sea terrace gets you the larger bathroom & worth the extra cost for me.  Or just go full RockStar status lol  

The “ahoy sailor”  stuff is kinda cheesy and annoying but whatever it’s part of their marketing gimmick.

I wish they had a ship in NY/NJ within driving distance (which I think is happening in the near future)  Not 100% on that so don’t quote me!

Agree 100% here. Took our first Virgin cruise on the Valiant Lady in June. Hands down, a better experience. Everything was easy. No upselling at all. One of the best parts was not having to carry around a card the whole time nor sign a receipt for every drink you buy. The wrist band is great. 

Food was hands down above RCL and Celebrity. The quality of the ingredients in the food was clearly better. 

We will continue to cruise Royal with the kids but if its just my wife and I, VV it is. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 4:12 PM, caribbeanboy said:

Currently on the Valiant Lady. This is my cruise #59 and my 9th Cruise Line. To begin with I'm start  loving it way too much. Up to now everything is top notch.  I'm not that type that is going to write a lengthy review,but just the Pros and Cons (are there any?)

Cons: the regular balcony cabin is smaller that other Cruise lines and so is the bathroom. Not where you take your shower with an impressive water pressure, but the distance between the toilet and the shower door. You hardly can dress up in the bathroom unless you are very acrobatic!

Pros:

No elegant nights

All sodas included (I'm not a big soda drinker though)

All Specialty Restaurants included: Korean BBQ, Italian, Mexican, Steakhouse etc. All of very good quality.

Gratuities included

Gelato incluided

NO (annoying) announcements

A plethora of choices at the Buffet. Healthy and unhealthy.  Excellent Sushi and desserts. Everyday more or less than same desserts but also of very good quality and taste. 

Free Wifi ( Mails and Social media)

If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to answer them. 

How is the entertainment?

• Like 1