**LIVE** from MSC Seascape YC (Yacht Club) - Caribbean & Bahamas from Miami 14 September to 28 September 2024

Best Cat Mom

For this cruise, we are on the Seascape for a Caribbean cruise in the YC (Yacht Club). This is our first time on Seascape, though we had previously enjoyed another Sea-class ship, Seaside, which was our very first MSC cruise, back in 2018. She was still rather new back then, just a few months old, and very glittering and glamorous as we had expected from any true Italian donna. We have only ever sailed in YC on MSC, having tried it after two NCL Haven experiences -- and we liked it so much that we have never looked back. We've spent over 150 nights in Italy on land-based holidays and love Italy. We're not so much cruisers; we're more people who desire an upscale Italian holiday -- and MSC YC is exactly that! We're excited to try a different Sea-class ship this time. Previous reviews by @morpheusofthesea of Seascape helped us think that this ship would not disappoint.

Here's the itinerary for our 14-night voyage, which is made up of two 7-night voyages back to back:

image.png.787bf5e1ed0b4b0aacc2f05ccc952fb0.png

image.thumb.png.adbbbe45fd1fc58241d7d7c30ea9a8ec.png

This afternoon and evening we're prepping and packing. Tomorrow we fly to Miami, where we'll overnight and then we board on Saturday.

@morpheusofthesea will join us for our first week and @DaKahuna will be with us for our second week (and the first week of their B2B).

I'm happy to share our experiences for others since we've gleaned so much information from here over the years. Please let me know if you have any questions and we'll do our best to answer.

Also, you can check out our two previous 'live' reviews that are listed in my signature. Those were both on Divina, an older Fantasia-class ship.

Now, back to the packing…

• Like 10

Happy to help you in your planning!

We are in a "regular" YC1 Deluxe Suite on Deck 16 (cabin 16010). We like the Starboard side for the views of Ocean Cay when we sail in the Caribbean. For transatlantic sailings, we try to book Port side staterooms.

Edited by Best Cat Mom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Sounds like you’ll be in great company.

Hope to be on a cruise with you someday! If enough of us CCers sail on enough cruises, we all have to coincide eventually. LOL

• Like 1

Packing complete! On to dinner, but sadly not in the Top Sail restaurant and no separate chef available. But give us two more days and that will change!

Alarm set for 5am tomorrow for our relatively early flight out of CVG.

🙂

• Like 2

Can’t wait to read your journey, totally jealous of your 150 days in Italy . We have to limit our cruises since we have two new Siamese kitties. Loved our seaside YC cruise a few years ago and booked again in 80; days.

• Like 1

@Best Cat Mom, safe travels. Our next MSC cruise,YC Seascape, is in November. But sailing on Horizon tomorrow, we drive to Port, so when I see that beautiful Seascape in Port I will be waving! Will catch up on your “live” once we get home. And a B2B for you, yeah. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Happy to help you in your planning!

We are in a "regular" YC1 Deluxe Suite on Deck 16 (cabin 16010). We like the Starboard side for the views of Ocean Cay when we sail in the Caribbean. For transatlantic sailings, we try to book Port side staterooms.

Too funny... we're 16012!  Great minds thinking alike?  😉

We like that side of the ship for the same reason while in Ocean Cay.  🙂

BON VOYAGE!!!

Edited by lgdesign
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

concerned that we did not hear of your safe arrival in Miami

So sorry! Mi dispiace!

We are enjoying breakfast now after yesterday's travels. We crashed last night around 9pm and slept a full 10 hours. I shall recount the day's adventures later.

Uber to the port right now is $20. I see Seascape docked in Terminal D. Plan to head over in about an hour. We'll see how much higher it is by then.

• Like 5

A quick update for right now...

We were checked in at 10:50am and on board in TSL by 11:08am

YC Director for the cruise is Dani. He circulated and introduced himself to us at 11:20am.

Our cabins were ready at 11:25am. We're finishing our first drinks (champagne and coconut rum/orange juice) now.

• Like 7