Jim_Iain - Live from Oceania Regatta - September 14 Vancouver to Los Angeles

Jim_Iain

35 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Flat maps distort the mind. 

I love maps, and I love this saying. I think I shall add it to my list of favorite sayings (below), w rough translations where needed 

Life is hard, and then you die.
Lo que no mata, engorda. (what doesn’t kill you, makes you fat.)

Hay que compartir. (We need to share).

PS: I shouldn’t have to do that (this last one almost always is in response to some technical problems I’m having with IT devices.)

Edited by PhD-iva
Add PS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I'm guessing they will stick with what they had in the past; for those with OLife they have the House (currently about $40) and the Prestige (for about $30 more than the House).

This is the flyer for upgrade from Simply More

IMG_6019.thumb.jpeg.0930d402884ca17623bb088c308eccd2.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, as3369 said:

I'm not a wine afficionado...probably couldn't tell the difference between Opus and Yellow Tail.  As long as it's not sweet wine, I'll imbibe!

It's pretty easy to tell the difference.   It says so right on the label😁

22 hours ago, SATaxman said:

In October, on Marina, they had Botanist in Martini Bar. The only time I paid extra for a drink.

A few more misty pictures in Prince Rupert.

PXL_20240920_175549093~2.jpg

PXL_20240920_180602857~2.jpg

PXL_20240920_181454056~2.jpg

PXL_20240920_182057355~2.jpg

PXL_20240920_182836665.jpg

PXL_20240920_183133280.jpg

PXL_20240920_213345079~2.jpg

On 9/13/2024 at 4:29 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks - we are prepared for the cooler weather.   We very rarely get hot temperatures where we live.   Sunnyvale is adjacent San Francisco Bay and we usually get nice breezes off the bay.   Luckily we only had to use our Air Conditioner 2 days. 

Today has been a wonderful day in Sunnyvale, we hit a high of 77F.    We have our Puffers out as well as an umbrella just in case.   

Greetings from a fellow Sunnyvaler! One of the great things about living here is that our climate could be legitimately positioned as the best on the planet, though maybe #2 to San Diego. We do tend to use our AC a bit more than you, though . . . PG&E thanks us for our thermostat setting.

On 9/14/2024 at 11:11 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Had time for a coffee and snack. We are now airborne and should touch down in 2 hours. 

I know I'm late to the thread, but honestly would never have considered leaving at 7 for this flight. 6AM, maybe, but no later. Yes, usually that that means cooling your heels at the lounge/gate for an hour or so, but it also provides a cushion for unforeseen delays - there's always random construction on 101! - and keeps the blood pressure down. Of course, with a destination of YVR there are going to be a number of safe fall back options and I'm glad it worked out for you in the end!

TC tonight.  Grilled lamb chops, and grilled lobster tails, (asked for 1).  Waiter brought it to my table.  Perfectly prepared to my preference. Would be a $100 dinner in Philly.

All meals have been of outstanding quality, flavor and seasoning.  Have been having all dinners in TC, such an array of variety, along with excellent wait staff service.  Montaudon Champagne and wines flowing, no issues with refills!IMG_20240920_193930788.thumb.jpg.0bd169947fce9b24f9c3e54f7932ea24.jpg