Princess Premier Package - Theaters

beshears

35 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

You had only planned to do what they said you could do - enjoy unlimited SD with the Premier package.

It is very wrong of Princess to promise something they can't deliver to those on Premier and also prohibit others who aren't on the Premier who might want to go to a SD restaurant once on their cruise.  It would have been so much fairer if Princess has said 3 SD per 7 days for those on Premier.  Then no one would have been disappointed. 

They've stopped the made rush for the Sanctuary by making people pay for it with their cabin but have created a mad rush for SD dining.  You would have thought they had learnt from experience. 

It seems to be that lately Princess is just interested in making promises to attract people to book without any intention of their facilities being able to accommodate the crowd. 

The perfect example is on the Sun where people can't even get into see the show in the Dome. They only have seating for 250 people (2 shows each night) with people standing in line for 3 + hours to get in. This is supposed to be relaxing? 

I'm beginning to rethink my loyalty to Princess. 

4 minutes ago, 555 said:

It seems to be that lately Princess is just interested in making promises to attract people to book without any intention of their facilities being able to accommodate the crowd. 

The perfect example is on the Sun where people can't even get into see the show in the Dome. They only have seating for 250 people (2 shows each night) with people standing in line for 3 + hours to get in. This is supposed to be relaxing? 

I won’t be sailing in the Sun or her sister ships. The monetization onboard the ship is beyond belief. 

Is it all down to the “new” CEO of Princess? 

Edited by paddingtonbear
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, 555 said:

I have just looked at booking SD on my cruise June 2025 on Sky and all SD restaurants have availability on all days starting 17:30. There must just be an issue stopping you from making SD reservations.

1 hour ago, Boku said:

I have just looked at booking SD on my cruise June 2025 on Sky and all SD restaurants have availability on all days starting 17:30. There must just be an issue stopping you from making SD reservations.

There has been an issue with either me even making reservations or them in the regular DR since late Feb and for SD since they announced the new Premier dining in Aug some time. 

I read posts such as yours and kept trying to no avail.

I'll call again today to see if I can even get reservations for regular dining. (which I can't do on the app) 

Very frustrating.  

Edited by 555

4 hours ago, 555 said:

I actually was looking forward to utilizing the new Premier package only for the reason of being able to eat in the SD restaurants every night. That was until they told me that the openings on ALL the restaurants were either unavailable, except for the Sushi and Hot Pot, and those only had openings after 9 PM. 

Which sailing are you on? I am seeing early dining times for the Crown Grill on the Sun Princess October 19th sailing. 

4 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Which sailing are you on? I am seeing early dining times for the Crown Grill on the Sun Princess October 19th sailing. 

Same here. We're on the Oct 19 sailing and thanks to a post in the Roll Call that new dining slots just opened up, we managed to grab a few extra dates. For some reason the CG was only available at the strange time of 5:50 rather than 5:30 (when it opens) but we grabbed it anyway, while The Catch had plenty of availability on various days at 5:30.  The 5:50 slot isn't a problem for us, as we have had this happen a number of times before, when the opening times weren't available but times just a bit later were. We always just showed up when the restaurant opened and of course they were happy to seat us.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Same here. We're on the Oct 19 sailing and thanks to a post in the Roll Call that new dining slots just opened up, we managed to grab a few extra dates. For some reason the CG was only available at the strange time of 5:50 rather than 5:30 (when it opens) but we grabbed it anyway, while The Catch had plenty of availability on various days at 5:30.  The 5:50 slot isn't a problem for us, as we have had this happen a number of times before, when the opening times weren't available but times just a bit later were. We always just showed up when the restaurant opened and of course they were happy to seat us.

Timeslots are normally at 20min intervals so maybe all the 17:30 slots were reserved already, its a cruise so not unexpected for the early dining slots to fill first..

Just now, Boku said:

Timeslots are normally at 20min intervals so maybe all the 17:30 slots were reserved already, its a cruise so not unexpected for the early dining slots to fill first..

Quite possible. The CG tends to be very popular with many folks so it's possible that those new 5:30 slots disappeared very fast. We always book the first dining slots in any restaurant when available and the SD restaurants are usually almost empty until about 6PM, so we rarely, if ever, fail to be seated as soon as the eatery opens. It will be interesting to see what effect the new unlimited package has on SD restaurants and the load factors.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Boku said:

That's likely because it's not yet final payment so many people won't be able to book any dining. Cruises for this year are past final payment so everybody has been able to book.

• Thanks 1

Not all available tables are made available for advance reservations on the app.  If the app isn't showing any availability, make the reservations on board.

I don't see anyone complaining that they have a Premier Package and have been unable to dine in specialty dining restaurants.  What I see is a lot of people anxious before the board.

Perhaps it will be an issue at some point, but we haven't seen it yet.

Who is claiming they were unable to use specialty dining every night during a cruise?

No one.  At least not yet.

I am on the Majestic next month.  Specialty dining each and every night already booked.

41 minutes ago, 1KBAP said:

Who is claiming they were unable to use specialty dining every night during a cruise?

No one.  At least not yet.

I am on the Majestic next month.  Specialty dining each and every night already booked.

No option for SD every night unless you want Sabatinis on my cruise in November. No availability at all for CG.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, rosevew said:

No option for SD every night unless you want Sabatinis on my cruise in November. No availability at all for CG.

The app has always been trash.  Princess has never made all reservations available on the app since it was introduced.  I haven't had any problems getting into the Crown Grill once on board.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 1KBAP said:

The app has always been trash.  Princess has never made all reservations available on the app since it was introduced.  I haven't had any problems getting into the Crown Grill once on board.

Have you been onboard since the change to unlimited dining on Premier?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rosevew said:

Not yet.  Next month on the Majestic.

But note that no one is posting that they are on board and can't avail themselves of specialty dining.

1 minute ago, 1KBAP said:

Not yet.  Next month on the Majestic.

But note that no one is posting that they are on board and can't avail themselves of specialty dining.

Really cannot judge by this forum.

Check out all the threads for Sun Princess on Facebook and also ask those friends of yours what is happening on the ship right now, after the Premier package went to unlimited SD.  They are presently closing some restaurants  to make the move to new locations.

I am one who was turned away from trying to get a reservation on board at the Crown Grill.

done here

dog

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, rosevew said:

I am on the Majestic now and made no reservations prior to boarding. By day 3 I had eaten at Harmony, Crown Grille and have reservations for The Catch a few days   They really do not book everything at SD’s ahead of time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, memoak said:

I am on the Majestic now and made no reservations prior to boarding. By day 3 I had eaten at Harmony, Crown Grille and have reservations for The Catch a few days   They really do not book everything at SD’s ahead of time

We will just have to keep fingers crossed. Could just do without the hassle on boarding of dashing around trying to book dining.

2 minutes ago, rosevew said:

We will just have to keep fingers crossed. Could just do without the hassle on boarding of dashing around trying to book dining.

I booked everything either by phone or the app. No running around at all

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, memoak said:

26 minutes ago, memoak said:

I booked everything either by phone or the app. No running around at all

So did more become available on the app after you boarded then?