CBD Infused Hair Product

kalmich

2 hours ago, aborgman said:

My point is that while Carnival is perfectly within their rights to prevent you from bringing it on board, they are making false statements about WHY you aren't allowed to bring it on.

You shouldn't bring it on because it may be contminated with THC which is federally illegal? Absolutely true.

You shouldn't bring it on because it is illegal in SOME of the ports visited by Carnival? Absolutely true.

You shouldn't bring it on because it is against Carnival policy/rules? Absolutely true.

It's against Carnival rules BECAUSE it is federally illegal? Absolutely false.

It's against Carnival rules BECAUSE it's illegal in ALL ports they visit? Absolutely false.

Don't bring it on your cruise.   There, fixed it for you.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aborgman said:

It's against Carnival rules BECAUSE it's illegal in ALL ports they visit? Absolutely false.

Is your problem with the word "all" here? If it said "many" would that make it true for you? Either way, it's Carnival's policy and foreign ports take this kind of stuff very seriously, especially from American tourists.

2 hours ago, notscb said:

Is your problem with the word "all" here? If it said "many" would that make it true for you? Either way, it's Carnival's policy and foreign ports take this kind of stuff very seriously, especially from American tourists.

That wouldn't make it "true for me". It would make it true instead of false.

They'd still be making the false claim that it is federally illegal though.

It's a habit for Carnival... Like the choice not to serve Cheers the 1st day out of certain ports being described as prevented by state law when it isn't.

6 hours ago, notscb said:

I think the issue is hair splitting that no amount of CBD can cure. 🙂

• Haha 8

Since Carnival can ban whatever it wants for whatever reason it wants to I don't see what difference it makes what explanation they give for it- it's banned and that is all a passenger needs to know. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

Since Carnival can ban whatever it wants for whatever reason it wants to I don't see what difference it makes what explanation they give for it- it's banned and that is all a passenger needs to know. 

Carnival can largely ban anything they want for any reason - I just find their repeated need to lie about their reasoning for things... intriguing.

They don't need to give any reason as justification. They can easily give the true reason as justification... So why make stuff up? 

5 minutes ago, aborgman said:

Carnival can largely ban anything they want for any reason - I just find their repeated need to lie about their reasoning for things... intriguing.

They don't need to give any reason as justification. They can easily give the true reason as justification... So why make stuff up? 

Since the website is largely written by marketers I would say marketing.

But are they actually "lying"? I looked at the FAQ and it says this: "While certain CBD products used for medicinal purposes may be legal in the U.S. based on state and local laws, they are not legal under U.S. federal law and in all the ports we visit and therefore are also considered prohibited items." I do not see that statement as a lie. It may not be fully transparent, but hardly a lie. Certain CBD products may be legal, certain CBD products are not legal under US law and certain CBD products are not legal in the ports visited. The word "certain" modifies the entire sentence when one reads it critically. In any event it's nothing that I am going to lose sleep over and DW leaves her gummies at home when we cruise.

3 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Since the website is largely written by marketers I would say marketing.

But are they actually "lying"? I looked at the FAQ and it says this: "While certain CBD products used for medicinal purposes may be legal in the U.S. based on state and local laws, they are not legal under U.S. federal law and in all the ports we visit and therefore are also considered prohibited items." I do not see that statement as a lie. It may not be fully transparent, but hardly a lie. Certain CBD products may be legal, certain CBD products are not legal under US law and certain CBD products are not legal in the ports visited. The word "certain" modifies the entire sentence when one reads it critically. In any event it's nothing that I am going to lose sleep over and DW leaves her gummies at home when we cruise.

All CBD products which are state legal are federally legal, by definition under the Supremacy Clause. (Or more accurately - anything federally illegal must be illegal under state law, and yes that means all state marijuana legalization laws are invalid).

...and CBD is not illegal in ALL the ports they visit.

I ain't losing any sleep over it, because I don't use any CBD and never have - I just find it (and the lies about Cheers and certain ports) weird and unnecessary.

Marketers ARE professional liars, but I don't see how these lies do anything to drive business.

27 minutes ago, aborgman said:

Marketers ARE professional liars, but I don't see how these lies do anything to drive business.

Not sure I would characterize their rules this way, but in this case I def think it enhances the cruise experience.  JMHO

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Not sure I would characterize their rules this way, but in this case I def think it enhances the cruise experience.  JMHO

You think giving false reasons instead of the true reasons for banning CBD enhances the cruise experience?

I can totally get how banning CBD could enhance the cruise experience, but I don't get why lying about why would.

All CBD products which are state legal are federally legal, by definition under the Supremacy Clause. (Or more accurately - anything federally illegal must be illegal under state law, and yes that means all state marijuana legalization laws are invalid).

...and CBD is not illegal in ALL the ports they visit.

I ain't losing any sleep over it, because I don't use any CBD and never have - I just find it (and the lies about Cheers and certain ports) weird and unnecessary.

As I was driving to my platelet donation I thought of another reason- human nature. People as a rule are more compliant if they believe something is illegal versus just being against company policy. As to your point it needn't be illegal in all ports, because Carnival doesn't want to get into the enforcement game of it's legal here but not there. Another good reason to say it the way they do. 

• Like 4

You think giving false reasons instead of the true reasons for banning CBD enhances the cruise experience?

I can totally get how banning CBD could enhance the cruise experience, but I don't get why lying about why would.

I can see how saying "some" would then require they document which, which can be changed as time goes on, and require constant monitoring and updating, leaving room for error.  While "ALL" might not be exact, it's less maintenance, while causing no real harm, other than ruffling the feathers of technical experts.

• Like 1