New Princess Money Grabber Water Package Now $24.00

hpeabody

1 hour ago, jimlouisesophie said:

The point here is if everyone who is not satisfied with the new price, just call customer service and make your point....the more pax that do this, the more likely they will reduce the price..just hoping, though.   In the meantime, I have put one case in my shopping cart only, and will pay just before the cruise and will refill each empty bottle...will take a small funnel to make transferring easier..

The person I spoke to in Customer Service was surprised at the price increase and said she was keeping track of those who emailed and would report the numbers to her supervisor.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Coral said:

Part of that was when they added the 2 casual meals and gym classes and disgusting desserts

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, memoak said:

Part of that was when they added the 2 casual meals and gym classes and disgusting desserts

Some of those casual meals were free before (even when the price was $60).

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

Some of those casual meals were free before (even when the price was $60).

Well Vines was not a meal before just tapas and you were supposed to order a drink to get them so it was never actually a meal before. Salty Dog always had a charge in my memory. Alfredo’s was the one actually free one and it got so crowded that they were having up to a two hour wait to be seated. 
The move from $40 to $50 I believe came when they raised the drinks to $15 from $12

2 minutes ago, jimlouisesophie said:

Thx...So no point in ordering a case b 4 embarking....just buy a few bottles at the bar and then refill the empties  at the buffet

Just make sure you pour from a glass in to o the bottle and don’t fill it directly from the water dispenser. If you touch the bottle to the dispenser there is a chance of contamination 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, memoak said:

Well Vines was not a meal before just tapas and you were supposed to order a drink to get them so it was never actually a meal before. Salty Dog always had a charge in my memory. Alfredo’s was the one actually free one and it got so crowded that they were having up to a two hour wait to be seated. 
The move from $40 to $50 I believe came when they raised the drinks to $15 from $12

Alfredos wasn't crowded on the ships I was on.

I have never been interested in the other two. Most who ate at Salty Dog on my cruises were not impressed and found it over priced.

Edited by Coral

56 minutes ago, Coral said:

Alfredos wasn't crowded on the ships I was on.

I have never been interested in the other two. Most who ate at Salty Dog on my cruises were not impressed and found it over priced.

The worst I ever saw Alfredo’s was on a b2b Alaska cruise with tons of families. The would go in and order tons of pizzas and leave half of them as garbage. I also have never been a big fan of Salty Dog and do not even eat there with one of my 2 free casuals. However I am a fan of the charcuterie at Vines

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, memoak said:

The worst I ever saw Alfredo’s was on a b2b Alaska cruise with tons of families. The would go in and order tons of pizzas and leave half of them as garbage. I also have never been a big fan of Salty Dog and do not even eat there with one of my 2 free casuals. However I am a fan of the charcuterie at Vines

Just returned from an Alaska cruise on Majestic. Alfredo's was empty every night. Only once on the last sea day was it crowded at lunch.

• Like 2

In construction, we call this "f-you" pricing. Bids so high that you won't accept the job and go with someone else. It's for when you don't want the work or when you don't want to deal with the client.

Princess is tried of lugging $7 cases of water all over the ship. They don't want you to purchase it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coral said:

Cruises were dirt cheap then due to many hoops one had to jump through. As I recall, no solo supplement either. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

12 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Cruises were dirt cheap then due to many hoops one had to jump through. As I recall, no solo supplement either. 

You are making a lot of assumptions here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have not read through all 11 pages of thread.

Is there any way this large increase in price for a case of water is a computer glitch?
Seems like there’s a few threads out there about glitches, apps for dining,Prices on  the website to book a cruise and then when you get your total, it’s different, etc..