Utopia lobster in Windjammer????

syracr

When we were on Utopia two weeks ago the guys serving the seafood in the WJ said they planned to keep serving seafood on embarkation day for the foreseeable future. The lobster is small and served cold. It’s not bad but it doesn’t come close to the lobster in the MDR, and the MDR lobster is only average at best. I thought the clams in the WJ were very good.  

Yes on embarkation day.  On ice surrounded by shrimps, clams & mussels.   Along with various salads. 
on my 3 note back to back the server gave me a bowl that I estimated was about 10 half lobsters. The half was bigger than what they give you on lobster night.  

The seafood station also served in the Solarium Bistro. 

IMG_2411.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Yes on embarkation day.  On ice surrounded by shrimps, clams & mussels.   Along with various salads. 
on my 3 note back to back the server gave me a bowl that I estimated was about 10 half lobsters. The half was bigger than what they give you on lobster night.  

The seafood station also served in the Solarium Bistro. 

IMG_2425.mov

IMG_2411.jpeg

Correction on the above it was back-to-back 3 & 4 niter in late August.  Therefore, I got to sample the seafood buffet and Coco Cay 2X.

Ps.  The server was disciplined by a supervisor as he told him to serve the lobsters on a flat plate.😁  I asked for 5 halfies.

18 hours ago, soremekun said:

Served cold?  Ugh.  Are they kept cold to keep them fresher longer?

I guess some hot butter will resolve that.

I asked for hot butter (technically I asked for melted butter) but was told there wasn’t any available in the WJ. This was two weeks ago on Utopia. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2024 at 9:52 AM, syracr said:

Hello all,

I have been looking at reviews, etc. on Utopia and some have said that they actually serve lobster in the Windjammer for lunch on embarkation day.

Can anyone debunk or substantiate the rumor??

Accurate on 9/16 and 9/20 sailings.