Power strips in Infinity cabins?

LinInDel

1 hour ago, LinInDel said:

Can we use our small power strip in our cabin? I know extension cords aren't allowed, but we need more outlets than what are likely in our cabin (Infinity) for our phones, tablets, airpods, hearing aids, smart watches... Thank you!

Power strips with cords are not allowed.  Additionally, most power strips have surge protectors, which are also not safe to use on board.

If you are thinking of bringing something like this, leave it at home

IMG_2098.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Power strips with cords are not allowed.  Additionally, most power strips have surge protectors, which are also not safe to use on board.

If you are thinking of bringing something like this, leave it at home

IMG_2098.jpeg

So what are our options? What can we safely use?

11 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I believe that they banned this type of device, not the ones that were solely USB

IMG_7004.jpeg

IMG_7007.jpeg

I have one like this and hope there won't be an issue next cruise...

71mb+goWCrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

I just read this week that Royal has even banned these on their ships now. Haven't heard about Celebrity, but suspect it will follow.

No they haven’t. They have just banned the ones with more than one power socket on them. Not multi usb ones. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

I just read this week that Royal has even banned these on their ships now. Haven't heard about Celebrity, but suspect it will follow.

As far as I know, these are GOOD as it doesn't expand the amount of 120V sockets which is what RC is worried about

I wonder how long before they reverse that decision.

The reason we all carry some sort of product is because the cabins don't  meet the needs today 

Furthermore, I never used my phone on ships, but they force me to use the app.

We will all use the same amount of power, just differently 

Overnight is a good time to recharge as the ship requires less power from other sources.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

NOT this as it expands the number of 120V sockets from one to three

Of all of the solutions that allow for multi-outlets, what I showed is at least the most obviously safe to use.  Positively no place at all for any kind of surge protection of any kind.  Might get a pass, might not.

Cruise lines have figured out that there's a need for improved electrical provisions as is evident from their upgrades in design to newer ships and upgrades when doing refurbs on older ships.  They're going to have to get this sorted one way or the other, even it means handing out gadgets like I showed in that photo.  Trouble is, there are some recessed sockets aboard some ships where even that wouldn't fit.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

To cut down on the number of cables I need I use a couple of these Octopus Cables.   Each cable has two iPhone firewire, 1 type C and 1 Micro USB

image.png.d4aec359d29aa362c412c7f1117d9732.png

Especially since USB-C power capability for any given device is all over the map, I'd be curious to know what you're plugging the USB-A connector into that provides power to multiple devices at once (what's its current specification?).  That device you show cuts down the # of cables in a big way, but the problem people are running into isn't cable count, it's power sources.