Summit out of Puerto Rico boarding time Question

We’re sailing on the Summit out of San Juan on Nov 2, and we're getting conflicting information about the boarding time. The app lists noon as the earliest, but some members of our Facebook group have been told 11 a.m. Our concierge insists that boarding starts at 3 p.m., even though that contradicts what’s on the app. Others in the group who called Celebrity say noon, which matches the app.

Our hotel checkout is at noon, so a noon check-in would be perfect, but I don’t want to show up with all our luggage only to wait around for three hours. If 3 p.m. is correct, I’ll ask the hotel to hold our bags and we’ll find something to do in the meantime—but it would be frustrating to do that and then find out we could’ve boarded or at least dropped off our luggage earlier.

Does anyone have a idea from s similar cruise of the actual boarding time? The ship is arriving at 6:30 a.m., which is similar to other ports like in Florida, so I’m not sure why it would take until 3 p.m. to turn it around.

When you check in online, you will be able to choose your arrival time at the cruise terminal.

Check-in begins 45 days before your departure date, so for your departure it began on September 18th.

Edited by gerelmx

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

This is the second thread you have made about this.  Perhaps the answers are here

Right, but the post doesnt address the 3 boarding times i now have from celebrity. 11, 12 and 3pm.  gerelmx indicates that i should listen to the app which says 12 and thats where we are also leaning, but i wanted to see if others have had experience out of this port recently.  Thx

In our experience with several Celebrity PR departure itineraries, check in and boarding times have commenced as with other itineraries - 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM.  We have always been able to check in and board by late morning, drop off our carry on luggage to our stateroom, and then leave the ship for the day to sightsee Old San Juan.  (BTW Uber works very well in PR).  We then return prior to dinner and enjoy the typical evening sail away.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 20165 said:

We’re sailing on the Summit out of San Juan on Nov 2, and we're getting conflicting information about the boarding time. The app lists noon as the earliest, but some members of our Facebook group have been told 11 a.m. Our concierge insists that boarding starts at 3 p.m., even though that contradicts what’s on the app. Others in the group who called Celebrity say noon, which matches the app.

Our hotel checkout is at noon, so a noon check-in would be perfect, but I don’t want to show up with all our luggage only to wait around for three hours. If 3 p.m. is correct, I’ll ask the hotel to hold our bags and we’ll find something to do in the meantime—but it would be frustrating to do that and then find out we could’ve boarded or at least dropped off our luggage earlier.

Does anyone have a idea from s similar cruise of the actual boarding time? The ship is arriving at 6:30 a.m., which is similar to other ports like in Florida, so I’m not sure why it would take until 3 p.m. to turn it around.

When you do on line check in, you’ll get your boarding time.  Isn’t that all you need?

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

In our experience with several Celebrity PR departure itineraries, check in and boarding times have commenced as with other itineraries - 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM.  We have always been able to check in and board by late morning, drop off our carry on luggage to our stateroom, and then leave the ship for the day to sightsee Old San Juan.  (BTW Uber works very well in PR).  We then return prior to dinner and enjoy the typical evening sail away.

We do the exact same and in many cases, you can board and leave the ship at other embarkation locations.  However, Vancouver is one you cannot, I suspect it's because you go through passport control at the terminal

11 hours ago, 20165 said:

3 boarding times i now have from celebrity. 11, 12 and 3pm.

IF you have checked in on the app and (as it appears, you haven't succinctly provided the arrival time YOU selected) received a noon time, noon is your time.  Quit worrying about all the other noise.  Some may have received 11.  Some may have received otherwise.  YOU apparently received 12:00.

1 hour ago, shumba2116 said:

We are leaving on Nov 2nd. The check-in times we were given start at 1pm. I didn't see anything prior to that time.

When you check in the with the app / planner, it only shows the remaining available times.  If in your case they started at 1, that only means that all of the earlier times were already taken by others and 1 is the 1st available remaining check in time to select from.

Each 30 minute time slot only accommodates a certain number of passengers.  When a time slot fills up it is removed from the list and only the remaining available time slots are shown.

But the full list of times when check in opens typically would have started at around 10:30 and continued later in 30 minute intervals. Apparently in your case, as mentioned, all of the earlier times were already taken.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind