Live from Crystal Serenity - Quebec City to New York City

360Guy

We have boarded Serenity and are excited for our 2nd Crystal cruise!!  We originally booked this cruise to be our first, but my impatience in wanting to experience Crystal and a generous incentive from Crystal caused us to sail the July 2-9 Vancouver round trip…which was wonderful and “Crystallized” us.  

I will make every effort to post daily menus…we really appreciated those who sailed previously and posted the daily Waterside menus…so we will return the favor!

Please let me know if you have any questions. Embarkation went smoothly.  We arrived just after 12 noon and had an assigned number.  The groups processed fairly quickly and by the time we boarded to finish the credit card, etc.,  I would estimate from bag drop to glass of champagne was 30 minutes.  

We spent two nights in Montreal, took the train to Quebec City and had one night before boarding today.  We enjoyed both cities very much and the food scene is really very good.

We look forward to sharing the journey with you!

Bob and Ray

Waterside Serenity Lunch 9.24.24.pdf Waterside Serenity Breakfast 9.24.24.pdf Waterside Serenity Dinner 9.24.24.pdf

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, 360Guy said:

We have boarded Serenity and are excited for our 2nd Crystal cruise!!  We originally booked this cruise to be our first, but my impatience in wanting to experience Crystal and a generous incentive from Crystal caused us to sail the July 2-9 Vancouver round trip…which was wonderful and “Crystallized” us.  

I will make every effort to post daily menus…we really appreciated those who sailed previously and posted the daily Waterside menus…so we will return the favor!

Please let me know if you have any questions. Embarkation went smoothly.  We arrived just after 12 noon and had an assigned number.  The groups processed fairly quickly and by the time we boarded to finish the credit card, etc.,  I would estimate from bag drop to glass of champagne was 30 minutes.  

We spent two nights in Montreal, took the train to Quebec City and had one night before boarding today.  We enjoyed both cities very much and the food scene is really very good.

Bob and Ray

Waterside Serenity Lunch 9.24.24.pdf 61.48 kB · 20 downloads Waterside Serenity Breakfast 9.24.24.pdf 67 kB · 6 downloads Waterside Serenity Dinner 9.24.24.pdf 68.53 kB · 23 downloads

Thanks!  Have a fabulous cruise!

• Like 1

Last evening dinner in Waterside.  Outstanding service and the food was delicious.  We love our waiter Enver and Marli was excellent with our wine service.  

Today we visit Baie-Comeau.  Looking forward to a nice walk around town!

Today’s Reflections and Waterside menu.

Serenity Waterside 9.25.24.pdf Serenity Reflections 9.25.24.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

We were able to be on board and have lunch yesterday in Waterside.  Ray had the bolognese and I had a starter of lamb meatballs and the Cobb salad.  I now understand why Keith enjoys this..it was delicious!

IMG_3298.jpeg

IMG_3299.jpeg

IMG_3300.jpeg

Edited by 360Guy
File size
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, 360Guy said:

We spent two nights in Montreal, took the train to Quebec City

Greetings -- We are scheduled to embark from Quebec City in one month on the 23 day cruise down the east coast and then on to the Caribbean, ending up in Barbados.  We (like you) are beginning the cruise by flying in to Montreal and then taking the train to Quebec City the next day for boarding.  I am curious -- did you taxi from the train station in Quebec City to the cruise terminal or did you walk?  From what I see on Google maps it looks like one of those awkward distances -- generally too short to taxi but possibly too long to drag suitcases packed for 23 days.  Any guidance from your past experience would be greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, daleandrews said:

Greetings -- We are scheduled to embark from Quebec City in one month on the 23 day cruise down the east coast and then on to the Caribbean, ending up in Barbados.  We (like you) are beginning the cruise by flying in to Montreal and then taking the train to Quebec City the next day for boarding.  I am curious -- did you taxi from the train station in Quebec City to the cruise terminal or did you walk?  From what I see on Google maps it looks like one of those awkward distances -- generally too short to taxi but possibly too long to drag suitcases packed for 23 days.  Any guidance from your past experience would be greatly appreciated!

Having been to Quebec three times in the last two years by ship, and also on the same cruise as the second part of a B2B, I have one word that might discourage walking; cobblestones!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daleandrews said:

We had one night in Quebec City so we took an Uber.  There are three dock stations or possibly more.  As was noted the streets in many areas are cobblestone.  Despite it being a possible short journey I would personally take an Uber or taxi.  

• Like 1

We must have been very close to each other last night at dinner as we also enjoyed great service from Enver and Marli! Glad all is going well and really appreciate you are posting Reflections and menus. We enjoyed a super meal tonight; again at the sushi bar. Looking forward to two sea days😊

• Like 2

Good Morning,

We put our clocks forward one hour last night.  2 sea days and looking forward to today’s enrichment talks.  Dinner was another wow experience last night.  

Today’s Reflections and Waterside menus for lunch/dinner.

Last evening in Waterside: Lobster medallion appetizer, grilled lamb chops main course and mango ricotta dessert.  All delicious.  

IMG_3314.jpeg

IMG_3316.jpeg

IMG_3317.jpeg

Waterside Lunch 9.26.24.pdf Waterside Dinner 9.26.24.pdf Reflections 9.26.24.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, johanc said:

there is a good bus service between Montreal (airport and city center) and Quebec.

They run more frequently than the train, the name is https://www.orleansexpress.com/

I did walk from the cruise terminal to the bus station withe the suitcases

Thank you!  Will check that out next time.  Our train was about 20 minutes late arriving.  Not a problem for us, but the bus would have been 1.5 hours faster.   Interesting Via Rail transports checked bags via truck to QC train station.   I checked our air tags and the bags were already at the station 1+ hour before we arrived.  

• Like 1

On 9/24/2024 at 5:19 PM, 360Guy said:

Bob and Ray

Waterside Serenity Lunch 9.24.24.pdf 61.48 kB · 51 downloads Waterside Serenity Breakfast 9.24.24.pdf 67 kB · 20 downloads Waterside Serenity Dinner 9.24.24.pdf 68.53 kB · 50 downloads

Oh my goodness, we did the exact pre cruise travel you did. Maybe we will see you on board. Thanks for blogging your trip. 
we are loving our first Crystal cruise. 

• Like 4

@360Guy how was your walk around Baie Comeau?  I’ll be stopping there on another lux line next month and would appreciate any feedback.  I’ve never been there.  This port wasn’t on the original itinerary when I booked it long ago.  Bar harbor got nixed…love that port

thanks and keep on enjoying,

Nancy