Well, I have to admit although I have a Masters degree but I am having understanding the potential changes in 2025

I’m booked to sail on a 14 day cruise on the Pearl. In a balcony guarantee.  In the past I would have my Platinum vouchers plus my Free at Seas would give me two more vouchers for specialty dining. I have checked out previous conversations about the potential changes but will that impact me?

@living at the beach

First question: when?

As you are booked the 4 meals will, almost certainly, be grandfathered.

The easiest way to find out is to try to book the meals and see what happened.

We are cruising in February and I was able to book my 4 meals as normal; no extra charges.   But we live in NZ so are slightly different as to the way Free at Sea works.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, living at the beach said:

I’m booked to sail on a 14 day cruise on the Pearl. In a balcony guarantee.  In the past I would have my Platinum vouchers plus my Free at Seas would give me two more vouchers for specialty dining. I have checked out previous conversations about the potential changes but will that impact me?

Give NCL time to make an announcement and then try to figure it out. 

I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to act smarmy. I should have said instead that I was confused reading the posts about probable changes in specialty dining. I’ve never tried to book additional specialty dining because together with my platitudes and free to the sea’s benefits I was content. Now that I have booked a 14 night cruise and hearing from folks who have posted about changes in the MDRs for the worse, I was looking for more helpful information about if my included dinners would still operate the same way.

to Anonymous Phoenix for your helpful post. But also I think that I understand from other posts that the changes will be for extra booked specialty restaurants and if I book them before October 1st since I’m already booked that the old rules should apply.

34 minutes ago, CptBoatface said:

I'll throw my M.A.in, maybe we can combine our forces 😀 

I'm guessing my kindergarten graduation certificate won't help?  They reluctantly awarded it despite the behavior concerns.  I think they just wanted me to move on.....

• Haha 14

18 minutes ago, living at the beach said:

But also I think that I understand from other posts that the changes will be for extra booked specialty restaurants and if I book them before October 1st since I’m already booked that the old rules should apply.

the good people of this forum are just speculating, nobody knows anything. nor will they until october when NCL is rumored to be making a "big announcement." 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UKstages said:

nobody knows anything

We know something.  Current specialty restaurants will add some type of cover charge.  The currently free (included in fare) Asian restaurants will have a cover charge and added gratuities.

We just don't know the details, like what these cover charges are, and how they will be implemented or not with FAS and Latitudes Rewards status meal vouchers. Or if the currently free (included in fare) food at the Asian restaurant will become not included. 

Edited by itsnotjustme
Technical Corrections.

On 9/26/2024 at 9:13 PM, living at the beach said:

I have a MS degree in engineering, but that does not help with NCL-think. 

The changes in charging should have no affect on your dining unless they change the Free at Sea promotion. Back in the old days, you were only able to pick 1 or 2 perks. And most people picked the drinks package over the free meals. 

On a 14 day cruise, you should get 5 free meals (1 with wine). 2 Platinum vouchers and 3 Free at Sea dinners. For now, assume that the method non-free-meal folks get charges does not matter. NCL only went to a la cart pricing in most restaurants about 8 years ago. 

image.png.3e675035b8478e54e2ba145f6f4d5f1c.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I'm guessing my kindergarten graduation certificate won't help?  They reluctantly awarded it despite the behavior concerns.  I think they just wanted me to move on.....

So...you really didn't play well with others? 

• Haha 2

Recall innovating the rubber band over the long tinkertoy stick to make a bow, matching it with an improvised arrow with a second stick, teaching it to the rest of the class, then setting up a cowboy vs Indian scenario when the teacher left the room to use the restroom. Kindergarten ... Good memories...

• Haha 7