Queen Anne Low Rating

CABINET

Dryer hijackers don't care what the countdown says. I saw one complete hijack on QA. Poo rman came in and his clothes were gone. I noticed a full basket on top of the machines and that tuirned out to be his wet clothing. I don't know what to call the other episode--someone just tossed their laundry on top of someone else's in the dryer. To be fair, the dryers on QA are very high, and if you're short, it's difficult to see if there are clothes inside. So maybe the person just figured it was empty if it wasn't turning.

The countdown clocks are great because you know when to go back. "Cycles take approximately xx minutes" can be inaccurate. On QE this summer, I saw a dryer that was within a few minutes of zero, so I waited. I hate to take someone else's clothing out, so I hoped the user would be back fairly soon. A young man walked in at 1 min to go. His watch buzzed, and the dryer stopped shortly after that. I never thought to set a timer (I'd have to use my phone as I don't have a smartwatch) to keep track of when to return. I just note the time and add however many minutes.

18 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I don't know what to call the other episode--someone just tossed their laundry on top of someone else's in the dryer. To be fair, the dryers on QA are very high, and if you're short, it's difficult to see if there are clothes inside. So maybe the person just figured it was empty if it wasn't turning.

I made that mistake - dryer wasn't turning, I didn't feel anything from as much of a grope inside as I could reach, so I popped my clothes in. Came back to them on the floor with a snotty note and three odd socks missing.

I've read the comments here and I think they are fairer than the reviews.  Lots of the reviews seem to be for when things went wrong, rather than general reviews

I really liked QA - it's not QM2 (nor the others) - but critically it doesn't pretend to be. The lack of a proper prom deck I can see annoys, but it wasn't that important to me - we could walk round. We were Grills so got a very quiet deck area (this was Norway in June, and it was pretty warm at times. Desk shade in general a lot better than the others). Food and service excellent. Queens Room and theatre i can see why some don't like, but Cunard have tried to be a bit different and I don't blame them for that - would've been easy to go for a slightly larger QE/QV (though the Prom deck issue is inherent to Pinnacle class ships - nothing Cunard could do once they decided on using an elongated Pinnacle).

The ship was full, but not crowded, despite what the passenger/tonnage volume suggests.

For me.. I will go on a Cunard cruise first for the itinerary/that it's Cunard. The ship is secondary

• Like 3

I was on for a week in August in Britannia, and really enjoyed it. Any differences I saw between QA and the other Cunarders was largely due to the demographic - the Med during the school holidays meant there were a lot of children on board, which I haven't experienced before.

It was a sold out cruise, and I suspect a lot of cabins were three- or four-berths to allow for the children, but it never felt crowded. I very rarely wanted to lie out by the pool or in the sun, because that's not my thing, but on the occasions I wandered through, there was always somewhere to sit, even if not a lounger.

The shows I went to were the usual Cunard standard - entertaining but not mind-blowing - and the same for the music. The talks were entertaining, and there were always seats available, without having to sit directly next to anybody. The theatre doesn't have the wow factor of the other Queens, but those soft, wide armrests make up for a lot.

The Bright Lights shows were absolutely amazing, and a real high point of the cruise. Allowing for similar itineraries, they would be enough to tempt me onto QA over the other Queens. I've kind of got used to dancers doing amazing acrobatic feats from a distance, but when they're so close you're a little worried about somebody ending up on your lap, you really appreciate the skill and strength involved!

I loved the archery, and had so much fun I managed to wangle an additional session. I've actually joined my local archery club since I got back.

The Britannia dining room is absolutely stunning and service was, if anything, a little too quick. My stewards were friendly, knowledgable and quickly learned my preferences (and budget, in the case of the sommelier).

I didn't see any egregious flouting of the dress code. Maybe a few dresses were a bit more nightclub than dining, but possibly they were planning on spending the evening dancing at the Bright Lights. There weren't many ties on Smart nights, but plenty on show on the Gala nights.

Service in both the Commodore Club and the Chart Room, however, was a let-down. Both were very slow to take my order and just as slow to deliver the drink. In fact, in the Chart Room on the last night, a very kind gentleman seated near me ended up signalling the steward on my behalf, because he'd walked right past me three times and ignored me. Carinthia Lounge, however, was exactly the service I expect from Cunard, and quickly became one of my favourite spots for people-watching.

All in all, I genuinely can't see why people are so incensed and saying she's not a real Cunarder. She seemed very Cunard to me, and I'd be more than happy to sail on her again.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Clewgarnet said:

I was on for a week in August in Britannia, and really enjoyed it. Any differences I saw between QA and the other Cunarders was largely due to the demographic - the Med during the school holidays meant there were a lot of children on board, which I haven't experienced before.

It was a sold out cruise, and I suspect a lot of cabins were three- or four-berths to allow for the children, but it never felt crowded. I very rarely wanted to lie out by the pool or in the sun, because that's not my thing, but on the occasions I wandered through, there was always somewhere to sit, even if not a lounger.

The shows I went to were the usual Cunard standard - entertaining but not mind-blowing - and the same for the music. The talks were entertaining, and there were always seats available, without having to sit directly next to anybody. The theatre doesn't have the wow factor of the other Queens, but those soft, wide armrests make up for a lot.

The Bright Lights shows were absolutely amazing, and a real high point of the cruise. Allowing for similar itineraries, they would be enough to tempt me onto QA over the other Queens. I've kind of got used to dancers doing amazing acrobatic feats from a distance, but when they're so close you're a little worried about somebody ending up on your lap, you really appreciate the skill and strength involved!

I loved the archery, and had so much fun I managed to wangle an additional session. I've actually joined my local archery club since I got back.

The Britannia dining room is absolutely stunning and service was, if anything, a little too quick. My stewards were friendly, knowledgable and quickly learned my preferences (and budget, in the case of the sommelier).

I didn't see any egregious flouting of the dress code. Maybe a few dresses were a bit more nightclub than dining, but possibly they were planning on spending the evening dancing at the Bright Lights. There weren't many ties on Smart nights, but plenty on show on the Gala nights.

Service in both the Commodore Club and the Chart Room, however, was a let-down. Both were very slow to take my order and just as slow to deliver the drink. In fact, in the Chart Room on the last night, a very kind gentleman seated near me ended up signalling the steward on my behalf, because he'd walked right past me three times and ignored me. Carinthia Lounge, however, was exactly the service I expect from Cunard, and quickly became one of my favourite spots for people-watching.

All in all, I genuinely can't see why people are so incensed and saying she's not a real Cunarder. She seemed very Cunard to me, and I'd be more than happy to sail on her again.

Look forward to trying archery!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, renji said:

Look forward to trying archery!

Just be aware of the bruised forearm possibility.

I'm right handed and my right forearm displayed quite an array of colours as my bruises subsided when I first tried my hand at the 'sport'. 😀

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Just be aware of the bruised forearm possibility.

I'm right handed and my right forearm displayed quite an array of colours as my bruises subsided when I first tried my hand at the 'sport'. 😀

Thank you for the warning! Will have to toughen up 🙂.  I have mostly sea days on the Panama Canal trip so will still consider the challenge 🙂

14 minutes ago, renji said:

Thank you for the warning! Will have to toughen up 🙂.  I have mostly sea days on the Panama Canal trip so will still consider the challenge 🙂

Oh you must, it's fun but the twang [I'm really au fait with the terminology...as you can tell!😀] of the bow string can hurt which is why the archery gauntlet is so important.

Enjoy. 🙂

1 minute ago, Victoria2 said:

Oh you must, it's fun but the twang [I'm really au fait with the terminology...as you can tell!😀] of the bow string can hurt which is why the archery gauntlet is so important.

Enjoy. 🙂

All these positive descriptions have made me think I might try it, even though I have taken part in no sporting activity since I left school. Can you do it sitting down?

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

All these positive descriptions have made me think I might try it, even though I have taken part in no sporting activity since I left school. Can you do it sitting down?

If Paralympic athletes can do it, then there's no holding back exlondoner  from having a go! Just remind me to be behind you!!😀

• Haha 1