South Pacific cruise from Sydney or Bali one way

tobymurph

Hello

Im planning a land excursion in Vietnam/Cambodia/Bali , leaving from Vancouver, and would like to return to Vancovuer by doing a partial cruise instead of the  long flight home. Im looking for a one way cruise from Bali or Sydney that ends in Tahiti or Hawaiii and then I could fly home from there. Im open to your suggestions as haven't done much cruising. Id like to see Bora Bora and wouldl like to know which other islands you recommend so I can plan my cruise. Thanks for your suggestions 

Not sure what your dates are but NCL are doing Bali to Australia, to the South Pacific and across to Tahiti then Honolulu. We had a Fiji to Tahiti booked as we loved the ports but the return fares from Papeete were the killer, but if you are going on to Honolulu it might be an option.

The Sun does Cairns, Fiji, Tahiti Honolulu on to Vancouver in 2025 if you have time and $$$ on you side!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tobymurph said:

Cheznandy, I couldn't find the itineraries you mention with NCL. Could you please let me know if you saw an itinerary going to hawaii for next year? thanks

I cant mention online TA's here which would be an easier search, have a look at NCL website, put in Norwegian Sun.

Fiji to Papeete, Papeete to Honolulu, Honolulu to Vancouver May/June 2025. Looks like you could get on in Cairns and cruise to Lautoka (Fiji) first. Also August/September 2025 have the same type of itineraries Cairns back to Honolulu/Vancouver Alaska, then through Asia.

The usual repositionings are A to B with lots of sea days, these NCL itineraries Lautoka to Papeete have some great ports, Rarotonga, Apia, Pago Pago, Raiatea, Bora Bora which none of the huge ships are able to go to. The 4th September 2025 cruise has Savu Savu are Aitutaki which are rarely offered

Sadly our usual South Pacific itineraries from Australia don't visit these ports.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tobymurph said:

Thanks for your suggestions! I would prefer to end my cruise in hawaii then fly home to vancouver. I wonder if they let you do that. 

Chez's previous answer pretty much says yes. April/May 2025, the 4th of 5 legs ends in Honolulu. From your initial post, you also have the option of flying home from Tahiti after the 3rd leg.

Bali to Cairns 14-day Cruise to Indonesia & Australia: Lombok, Komodo & Great Barrier Reef from Bali (Benoa), Indonesia on Norwegian Sun (ncl.com)

Cairns to Fiji 14-day Cruise to South Pacific: Fiji, Vanuatu & Great Barrier Reef from Cairns, Australia on Norwegian Sun (ncl.com)

Fiji to Tahiti 14-day Cruise to South Pacific: Fiji & Samoa from Lautoka, Fiji on Norwegian Sun (ncl.com)

Tahiti to Honolulu 14-day Cruise to South Pacific: Bora Bora, Kauai, Kona, & Maui from Papeete (Tahiti), French Polynesia on Norwegian Sun (ncl.com)

As also mentioned, several ships relocate from Sydney to Seattle/Vancouver via Honolulu each April/May. Some split the trip in Honolulu, while others only sell the whole deal. This is the Princess offering for April 2025, Sydney to Honolulu. There are likely to be others available on the other brands.

Cruise Details - 20-Day Tahiti, Hawaii & South Pacific Crossing - Princess Cruises

Thanks Arxcards. I get it now...I  would love to do the Fiji to Tahiti or Fiji to Honolulu trip but not wanting to add an extra 14 day cruise from Cairns. Will have to rethink the idea of returning from a southwest Asia land tour by cruise ship home!!! Gets pricey!! I prefer a cruise with many ports as opposed to a repositioning trip ( did that one from LA to Vancouver one April with very rough seas!)  

6 hours ago, tobymurph said:

Thanks for your suggestions! I would prefer to end my cruise in hawaii then fly home to vancouver. I wonder if they let you do that. 

Quantum 8th April 2025

Solstice   9th April 2025

Edge      20th April 2025

Sydney to Hawaii go the best forget the rest.🙂👍