Looking for the suite boarding lounge in Boston? Don’t get your hopes up

cruisestitch

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

You've never had a delayed embarkation, then.  And when you do some day...

Embarkation started about an hour later than expected for our Reflection TA out of Barcelona in Fall '22.  We were happy for the upgraded lounge area there. 

Actually I have and yes I survived. 🙄

22 minutes ago, Cruising89143 said:

First world problems. I have never had to wait when in a suite. It’s always been straight onto the ship.

Isn’t pretty much everything about Cruising a first world problem?

Edited by cruisestitch

57 minutes ago, Cruising89143 said:

Actually I have and yes I survived. 🙄

Uh, yeah.  OK.  Guess I'd have kept my opinion to myself had you been forthcoming.

[quote]

First world problems. I have never had to wait when in a suite. It’s always been straight onto the ship. [/quote]

The Port Authority in Boston should be embarrassed. Their facility is an old, dilapidated warehouse, with NO facilities. And they don't seem to care as there has been little if ANY improvement to the building over the last 20 years. Certainly NOT inviting to first time visitors to Boston. Such a shame for a historic landmark city. 

1 hour ago, JJK2008 said:

The Port Authority in Boston should be embarrassed. Their facility is an old, dilapidated warehouse, with NO facilities. And they don't seem to care as there has been little if ANY improvement to the building over the last 20 years. Certainly NOT inviting to first time visitors to Boston. Such a shame for a historic landmark city. 

99% of all visitors to Boston will never see the inside of the cruise port.  The tourism industry has more important things to be concerned with than the suite guests waiting area in the cruise terminal.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm actually from the Boston area.  The terminal is owned by the local authorities, not by any specific cruise line, so the accomodations are pretty basic.  If the terminal was owned by a cruise line, that would be different.

There is talk about adding more terminals and updating the existing ones, but only time will tell if that happens.

Obviously since I'm from the area, I've cruised out of the terminal many times.  Nothing really to complain about, except for delays due to staffing shortages and ships arriving late (due to weather).

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 1