Sun Princess Vallora-A Pirate's Quest show leaving for good

oteixeira

• oteixeira changed the title to Sun Princess Vallora-A Pirate's Quest show leaving for good

Not too surprising. Saw it on the Sun this summer, and while it was entertaining it was also very odd. Incredibly convoluted story that took several minutes of narration to get over, and at odds with slightly slapstick staging and retro 80s rock tunes.

1 hour ago, Leo37 said:

Not too surprising. Saw it on the Sun this summer, and while it was entertaining it was also very odd. Incredibly convoluted story that took several minutes of narration to get over, and at odds with slightly slapstick staging and retro 80s rock tunes.

But you got to see it and form that opinion.  This was the number 1 thing I wanted to see entertainment wise on the ship....and now I wont be able to.  Just another thing that has changed since I booked.....At least it's still a cruise.  Such much is different from when I booked at this point.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

But you got to see it and form that opinion.  This was the number 1 thing I wanted to see entertainment wise on the ship....and now I wont be able to.  Just another thing that has changed since I booked.....At least it's still a cruise.  Such much is different from when I booked at this point.

Sorry, didn't get from your original post it had been something you'd been looking forward to. Didn't mean to sound dismissive that you wouldn't get to see it. Hopefully some other shows / activities you can enjoy 

• Like 1

Currently on the Sun and in our opinion, this was the best show by far of the four production shows that were presented. It was the only one that we felt made full use of the Arena as configured. The other three shows did not compare to past Princess production shows because of the limitations of a smaller theater in the round. They are more of a singing and dancing show with a limited set.

• Like 2

What ever the reason, we're disappointed not getting to see the show since we are frequent cruisers & are getting bored seeing the same shows over & over. 

6 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

The cast is leaving because this portion of their contract is complete. 

Totally understood, but with shows on most ships, they actually replace them with a new cast to continue the show.  Is that not the case for Princess?

1 hour ago, oteixeira said:

Totally understood, but with shows on most ships, they actually replace them with a new cast to continue the show.  Is that not the case for Princess?

Typically they do. My thinking is that it might start up again in the near future. 

They invested to much money to abandon it so soon. 

• Like 1

Here is what I am thinking...  With the limited seating in these venues, there is WAY too much demand.   Reports right now of people not being able to get in the shows..  Even Premier Package.  And having to come back, really early.  

I think Princess might be cutting this show, and making way for more performances of the other shows.

This show has been getting mixed reviews, at best.

This wouldn't be the first thing that Princess has done that has now having to be scrapped.

Don't know what the heck is going on at Corporate any more.  Other than he that shall not be named.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, oteixeira said:

The Pirate show is done. They were the first cast and last cast to perform it. 

A new cast is replacing the inaugural cast. 

Edited by startedwithamouse