Rainy cruise week

4 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

We are due to cruise on Sunday 10/6 to the Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Costa Maya). With the impending tropical system expected to enter the Gulf of Mexico, I am wondering if RCCL might change this itinerary. I was just on an MSC cruise last week and we were out at sea an extra day due to port closure.

TBD.  You will find out next week.

We are sailing Utopia next week to Bahamas. We are going to purchase poncho's at dollar tree before our sailing and maybe a small umbrella at Publix when we purchase our other pre-cruise essentials upon our arrival into Cape Canaveral. I cannot remember for the life of me....does RC provide umbrella's to suite guests? I remember umbrella's being in one of my staterooms before but that might have been based on destination (Canada sailing). 

I've gone to the Caribbean more times than I can count, but I do know that more than 50% of the time, the weather shows clouds and/or rain, but I've only experienced rain 2-3 times that I can remember, and it's always a warm rain and it always ends after an hour or so.

One of those times was at Coco Cay this summer in July. It just dumped buckets of rain on us for about and hour or two, and then it stopped and was nice and sunny again like it never happened. 

I will say, however, that I just got off the Allure and woke up to a soaking wet balcony, and am now sitting in the Miami airport watching a pretty good rain outside. Fingers crossed you'll have nicer weather this week. 

On 10/3/2024 at 2:14 PM, twangster said:

We appreciate your efforts to reduce the cost of cruising for the rest of us even though the weather is usually pretty good.  

PS - it rains every month in Florida, just not as much some months.  just sayin'

i am sure that my neighbors that no longer have a place to call home after the hurricane hit here would love to here that sentiment...just sayin'