Carnival moving away from China

jimbo5544

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Did Carnival unload their 40% interest in Adora?

That’s what I wanna know, some users on here have said Carnival offloaded their share, which is how they took and resold Atlantica. I would think the article above would have mentioned something but outside of that, I also can’t find much if they are still involved or not. 

23 hours ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

That’s what I wanna know, some users on here have said Carnival offloaded their share, which is how they took and resold Atlantica. I would think the article above would have mentioned something but outside of that, I also can’t find much if they are still involved or not. 

It was disclosed in Carnival's 10-K for 2023 (page 16):

"During 2023, we completed the exit of our noncontrolling interest in Adora Cruises Limited, formerly CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping Limited, a China-based cruise company (“Adora Cruises”), and recognized
losses on exit of $21 million within other income (expense). As of November 30, 2022, our investment in Adora Cruises was $70 million. We provided an immaterial amount of services to Adora Cruises during 2023, 2022 and 2021 and we paid Adora Cruises a total of $55 million for the lease of ships during 2021. During 2021 we made capital contributions to Adora Cruises in the amount of $90 million."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tidecat said:

It was disclosed in Carnival's 10-K for 2023 (page 16):

"During 2023, we completed the exit of our noncontrolling interest in Adora Cruises Limited, formerly CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping Limited, a China-based cruise company (“Adora Cruises”), and recognized
losses on exit of $21 million within other income (expense). As of November 30, 2022, our investment in Adora Cruises was $70 million. We provided an immaterial amount of services to Adora Cruises during 2023, 2022 and 2021 and we paid Adora Cruises a total of $55 million for the lease of ships during 2021. During 2021 we made capital contributions to Adora Cruises in the amount of $90 million."

Thank you for that.